Transcript 11/27/08 Michael Schreiber (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/27/08 Michael Schreiber (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:38 am

Michael Schreiber
Dallas, TX
airline scheduler, recovering cancer patient
needs 2 new cars for himself and his partner

Good Gosh Almighty
Break A Leg!
The Super Bowl
Hindu Kingdoms
December March
Full House
Sarah Palin
Waste Not
On The Web
(2008 Documentaries)
(Road Signs)
(Recent Court Cases)
(Political Lingo)
(Nice Features)
(Let's Party!)

ATE is 100,000-winner Tom Spencer, who says his specialty is classic rock and 60s/70s history/culture

4000 - "Is it OK to de-friend someone?" is one of many questions posed in a 2007 article about "the commandments" of what website?

A YouTube
B Facebook
C Amazon
D eBay
Spoiler
B Facebook [22]
8000 - Which of these words means "to waste"?

A fribble
B waggle
C boodle
D skittle

PAF [23] he calls his partner Robert, who guesses skittle. He agrees, and goes home with $1000.
Spoiler
A fribble [20]
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/27/08 Michael Schreiber (carryover)

#2 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:44 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Michael Schreiber
Dallas
airline scheduler, recovering cancer patient
needs 2 new cars for himself and his partner
The "recovering cancer patient" gives him the medical hook that seems so popular on the show.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:ATE is 100,000-winner Tom Spencer, who says his specialty is classic rock and 60s/70s history/culture
OK, so why is someone who wins only $100K an expert, and not some of the bigger winners? Or, to put it another way, how do they determine experts - availability, telegenic qualities, something else?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:4000 - Which of these words means "to waste"?

A fribble
B waggle
C boodle
D skittle

PAF [23] he calls his partner Robert, who guesses skittle. He agrees, and goes home with $1000.
Spoiler
A fribble [20]
I know it's not "waggle" and it's not "boodle". I might go with "fribble" or possibly use the DD on this one. I don't know if the ATA lifeline would have helped with this one.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Weyoun

#3 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:36 am

OK, so why is someone who wins only $100K an expert, and not some of the bigger winners? Or, to put it another way, how do they determine experts - availability, telegenic qualities, something else?
Seriously. I certainly could use the break from monotony. Perhaps it is based on how close one is to New York?

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:40 am

Weyoun wrote:
Seriously. I certainly could use the break from monotony. Perhaps it is based on how close one is to New York?
I think it's pretty clear that they won't invite anyone from PTBAM - else Kevin Olmstead or our own TheConfessor would have been asked. Proximity to NYC might be a criterion (except for really special experts like Ken Jennings).

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:52 am

Weyoun wrote:
Nancy Christy was an ATE and she doesn't live anywhere near NYC. She did win her million
on the syndicated show, but she also has great personality.

I looked at the link to To Spencer's time in the hotseat and he's just one of those memorable contestants
who's a little bit on the crazy side. I think the AP's are drawn to those contestants. It could be a combination
of all those things you mentioned.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:54 am

kayrharris wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Nancy Christy was an ATE and she doesn't live anywhere near NYC. She did win her million

I looked at the link to To Spencer's time in the hotseat and he's just one of those memorable contestants
who's a little bit on the crazy side. I think the AP's are drawn to those contestants. It could be a combination
Yes, MBFFB roasted him quite well on his original run. I tried to copy & paste it out of my archive, but it won't work. I'm sure it would work from Kay's laptop.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:59 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:
Weyoun wrote: Seriously. I certainly could use the break from monotony. Perhaps it is based on how close one is to New York?

Yes, MBFFB roasted him quite well on his original run. I tried to copy & paste it out of my archive, but it won't work. I'm sure it would work from Kay's laptop.....

lb13
Email it to me and I'll post it for you. I need to increase my post count anyway. :D
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:02 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:
Weyoun wrote: Seriously. I certainly could use the break from monotony. Perhaps it is based on how close one is to New York?

lb13

Nevermind.... I knew I shoulda opened it in Wordpad....

-----------------------------------------------------

Tom Spencer

$100 According to legend, snakes were banished from the island nation of Ireland by whom?
A. St. Valentine
B. St. Patrick
C. St. Nicholas
D. Bono

$200 Which of these common prefixes literally means "computer"?
A. Intra-
B. Cyber-
C. Hydro-
D. Poly-

$300 In the classic nursery rhyme, Little Jack Horner mischievously sticks his thumb into a what?
A. Pie
B. Fence
C. Rosebush
D. Pumpkin

$500 What is the primary focus of the CNBC program "Closing Bell"?
A. Fashion
B. College sports
C. Politics
D. Financial markets

$1K A 1976 disco hit by KC and the Sunshine Band urges dancers to "shake shake shake" their what?
A. Rump
B. Tail
C. Booty
D. Urges

All I can ever do when I watch this show is shake, shake, shake my head in disbelief....

Nihil Obstat®

9/13/05[/b]

Meredith: "In the annals of memorable contestants on WWTBAM, Christy, Smith, and Castellano [1 second replays of each], we add the name of our returning contestant, Tom Spencer [replay of him running to the hot seat]"

A legend in his own mind. And since when does Meredith qualify as caretaker of the SyndieBAM legacy? People will remember the dumbass with the fake moustache long after they've forgotten about this dork.

He says he wants to hear his "doodadoodaloo" (piece of theme music from show)

I hate contestants who already have me hating them before they even start botching simple question...

Meredith: "You have all of your lifelines left, none of your marbles though"

Monkey see, monkey do...

Could we please just start asking some questions?

$2000 Which of the following is classified as a Slavic language?
A. Russian B. Hindi
C. Italian D. Swedish

"Gooood question" ...but he gets it by process of elimination

Verrrrry nice. I sure hope Hindi wasn't too hard of a distractor for you.

$4000 In a game of poker, which of these hands would be considered a "full house"?
A. Four kings, one queen B. Five aces
C. Three kings, two aces D. All diamonds

Meredith: "You play poker?" (No, I'm not a gambler) "You don't have a full deck either."

I forgot just what a joy it is to pretend I'm slapping Ms. Vieira upside the head...

$8000 In 2004, Wal-Mart stores refused to carry George Carlin's controversial book titled "When Will Jesus" what?
A. Get a Haircut? B. Fix the Garage Door?
C. Return My Wine Glasses? D. Bring the Pork Chops?

George Carlin is one of the few people who I think is a genius. But that is one lame-ass title there, Georgie.

$16,000 The setting for a 2005 animated movie, Madagascar is located off the coast of what African nation?
A. Morocco B. Mozambique
C. Angola D. Nigeria

From the same gang of idiots that brought you the distrators for Najavo Nation.... here are three African countries that are nowhere near Madagascar. They must really, really like this guy.

$25,000 Which of the following is not one of the twelve years represented in the Chinese calendar?
A. Year of the Rat B. Year of the Ox
C. Year of the Swan D. Year of the Pig

Is this some kind of a joke? A gag stack? Is there a 12 year old that couldn't figure out that there's no FRIGGIN' SWAN in the Chinese calendar? I just might have to give the FCC a call over this.... where's Arthur_King_of_the_Britons with that address?

$50,000 Calligrapher Jacob Shallus was paid $30 to pen what historic document?
A. Declaration of Independence B. U.S. Constitution
C. Articles of Confederation D. Gettysburg Address

ATA
A. Declaration of Independence 31% B. U.S. Constitution 39%
C. Articles of Confederation 10% D. Gettysburg Address 20%

AOL
A. Declaration of Independence 22% B. U.S. Constitution 19%
C. Articles of Confederation 27% D. Gettysburg Address 32%

ATA? Surely you jest, pretty boy. Thankfully, the audience wasn't rigged also...

STQ

$50K STQ In the 1600s, philosopher Blaise Pascal devised a famous "wager" concerning what issue?
A. Age of the universe B. Honesty of mankind
C. Superiority of men D. Belief in God

Of course you would know this. I'm sure you probably think you're God on those days that you're not Napoleon.

$100,000 What weather term was coined in a 1939 dissertation by Antarctic explorer Paul Siple?
A. Ice storm B. Absolute zero
C. Wind chill D. Cold front

Well gee, let's see. Absolute zero is not a weather term. Ice storms as we know them, are not exactly likely to be found at the South Pole. We didn't have to go to the Antarctic to learn about cold fronts. Come on, pretty boy, you just got tossed another softball here....

50/50
C. Wind chill D. Cold front

I still have phone-a-friend. I don't know any Antarctic explorers though.

What? THE Tom Spencer doesn't know any famous Antarctic explorers? Why, even I've been down to the Antarctic once. I think I have an ice shelf named after me.

PAF, his girlfriend Gayle (or Gail, the weather term???) thinks C but time runs out before she can say how sure

Nice call there, Tommy boy. What happened to those 4 lifelines you had a few minutes ago?

And an aside to the transcriber (hoping they have alittle thicker skin than last season), the weather term is spelled "gale".

He says his girlfriend is smart and would try out and try to beat his score. If he wins the million, then she could only get a tie. Could there be a playoff?

These two need to be eating bugs on Fear Factor. Really nasty bugs like maybe waterbugs. And have them double-dipped in fresh cow chips.

$250,000 Dr. Seuss's children's books, including 'The Cat in the Hat,' are most commonly written in what type of verse?
A. Trochaic pentameter B. Anapestic tetrameter
C. Iambic tetrameter D. Dactylic hexameter

I'm sure I wasn't the only one commenting on the rhyming pattern while my Mom was reading these books to me when I was a wee little brain.

Once again he says Gooooood question. He does not know and leaves with $100,000.

Goooooodbye Tom!

No carryover

And a stage hog to boot...

Nihil Obstat®
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

NellyLunatic1980

#9 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:ATE is 100,000-winner Tom Spencer, who says his specialty is classic rock and 60s/70s history/culture
An eccentric fellow... but pretty smart. Hopefully, he'll be smarter than Crossword Boy, who has totally let me (and several contestants) down this week.

Nihil obstat®

NellyLunatic1980

#10 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am

Thanks for the classic MBFFB® post, Beast!

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#11 Post by Evil Squirrel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:18 am

Trivia Question:

The contestant who preceded Tom Spencer in the Hot Seat was which BB?

The answer is.....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

earendel

#12 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 am

Evil Squirrel wrote:Trivia Question:

The answer is.....
An avatar that I can't see because we can't access photobucket from work. So how about giving us deprived folks the answer?

Weyoun

#13 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:55 am

earendel wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
I think it's pretty clear that they won't invite anyone from PTBAM - else Kevin Olmstead or our own TheConfessor would have been asked. Proximity to NYC might be a criterion (except for really special experts like Ken Jennings).
It's funny, because way back in the day, I didn't really want to be on TV. But now I *want* to be on TV.

And I've become considerably wacky in my dotage.

MarkBarrett

#14 Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:14 am

I think Michael finished with the $2K on 11/26 and began with the 4K on 11/27? Thanks for the transcript since the Thur./Fri. shows don't air in the Bay Area. A Thanksgiving tradition.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:04 pm

earendel wrote:
Evil Squirrel wrote:Trivia Question:

The answer is.....
An avatar that I can't see because we can't access photobucket from work. So how about giving us deprived folks the answer?
Spoiler
Ging
lb13

MarleysGh0st

#16 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 am

kayrharris wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Agreed. He did reasonably well (now that $250K seems to be the new $1 million) and he had a quirky personality that makes for "good TV".

I was one of the BBs in the audience to see Ginger's taping. Tom joined us at a bar for the post-taping celebration and bought us a bottle of champagne. Nice guy, of the "absent-minded professor" mold. 8)

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Here's an article--not from Dallas, but from his home town in Wisconsin--about Michael's appearance.

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/2008 ... 60477/1985

15QuestionsAway

#18 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:48 pm

Upon further review, Michael started on question 7 ($4k). I'll amend the transcript.
Shameless self promotion:
wwtbam.biz - giving WWTBAM the business (returning soon!)