Finally back home

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Finally back home

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:35 pm

I'm finally back home after a day that went on way too long. The first story I heard on the morning news was about some kind of major traffic blockage on the only road that leads to the Denver airport. "Allow extra travel time," the newscaster advised. Okay. I hurried up to get going, and somehow never encountered the traffic snafu. Yay. Early to the airport, I went to check in -- and didn't so much as have to wait in line. Another guy and I looked at each other and said, "This is United? What's wrong here?" Yay. I sauntered through security and made my way to the assigned gate. Yay.

They announced a gate change. Not yay, but okay.

I went to the new gate. Our departure time was pushed back. Then we learned that our plane had been switched. And the new plane needed some kind of major mechanical repair. Not yay, and if not okay, at least they discovered the problem before take-off. The repair took only a little longer than expected. Okay, a lot longer. Eventually, however, we did load up and head for home.

The puppies seemed happy to see me. Yay. I was told that Annie was a perfect house guest. Of course. I also heard that Lizbit was not. Sigh.
We're all tired now. Annie even has custody of her laptop again, but she seems to be sleeping soundly -- as I plan to do very soon. I bet I can collect some snuggles and cuddles first. Yay!

Ritterskoop

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Snuggles and cuddles are good.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:22 pm

Glad you're back!!!

And front!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

wbtravis007

#4 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:30 pm

I get so danged sick and tired of hearing people whine about this and that when it comes to travel glitches. One thing's for sure: y'all wouldn't have been much use in a wagon train.

Hell, I knew somebody who almost got killed by a damned pole on the way to the airport. Smushed her car and everything.

She just ended up making the most of it. Lemonade out of lemons and what not.

Some people!

I swawnee!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:I get so danged sick and tired of hearing people whine about this and that when it comes to travel glitches. One thing's for sure: y'all wouldn't have been much use in a wagon train.

Hell, I knew somebody who almost got killed by a damned pole on the way to the airport. Smushed her car and everything.

I bet she swore. Once or twice.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 pm

Welcome home. Travel gremlins aren't fun, but I agree if there's gonna be a mechanical, let it be before I get on the plane!

Sleep well!

wbtravis007

#7 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:I get so danged sick and tired of hearing people whine about this and that when it comes to travel glitches. One thing's for sure: y'all wouldn't have been much use in a wagon train.

I bet she swore. Once or twice.

ICM!

Hope you sleep well. You've earned that, and a lot more.