Kay Harris!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
wbtravis007

Kay Harris!

#1 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:09 pm

How 'bout them MBT's?

I bought a pair, based on what you said.

My lawyer wants to know whether you'll waive service.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:23 pm

You sayin' you don't like them? Have you had them long enough to find out?
I only wear mine when I do my 3 mile walk about 5 times a week. I don't wear them otherwise. I'm not sure how you are using yours.

I don't think I'm into waivers, though. My son in law is an attorney, should I ask his advice?

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:45 pm

He is probably uncomfortable they make his butt go so high.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

wbtravis007

#4 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:He is probably uncomfortable they make his butt go so high.
ICM!

Actually, the truth is, my butt's has always been rock hard, and I think I've figured out why. I think I've always used my butt muscles to walk -- and maybe to run -- more than most people, and and have used other muscles that are actually better-suited for walking less than most (and less than I should). I think I was starting to pay the price for that, and I think these kayharris shoes are going to help me get straightened out.

I'm serious. This is just my theory, but still.

I've always tended to walk fast, with long strides, and kind of leaning forward. i think I've always kind of swung my legs around with my hips and butt muscles. Because of various minor injuries, and my unusal natural gait, I think that a lot of the muscles that I should have been using atrophied a little, and others got more play than they should have.

It was starting to catch up to me, I think, and I think that that's why my knee got so stirred up.

Anyway, those shoes kicked my ass big time. I finally caved, and went to an orthopedic guy. He drained a bunch of junk from my knee, and injected a steroid. Hell, I feel like a new man.

The truth is, I really think these damned shoes are going to help me. I'm trying to walk more like what they recommend in the dvd that comes with them -- putting the heal down first, directly underneath an upright body. I've always put my foot down way out front, with no significant amout of weight on my heal.

So, I'm really trying to walk like that wookus-less little figure on the website that kay had first referenced. It does kind of make me feel like a wuss, for some reason, but I really think it'll be good for me in the long run if I can pull off a real change of gait.

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:09 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
ICM!

Actually, the truth is, my butt's has always been rock hard,
I hope the rest of this was not important. I couldn't concentrate after that.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
ICM!

Travis surely hasn't seen Skoop's comment yet. I am sure he will have more than one ICM! Her comment is priceless, if you ask me.

I do hope the shoes (which do not bear my name in any way shape or form) do provide some form of benefit.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:22 pm

kayrharris wrote:Travis surely hasn't seen Skoop's comment yet. I am sure he will have more than one ICM!
I've even checked an acronym finder on the Internet, without success. What does "ICM" mean? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#8 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:Travis surely hasn't seen Skoop's comment yet. I am sure he will have more than one ICM!
I've even checked an acronym finder on the Internet, without success. What does "ICM" mean? --Bob
It's one of wb's own, but I can never remember what it means. I Chuckle Mightily, maybe.
--------

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#9 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
I Chortle Mightily.

A Travis Original.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

wbtravis007

#10 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
ICM!

That's the way it always is with you, isn't it! Sex this, sex that, does he have a nice ass ... [all that].

Hasn't it ever occurred to you that there might be deeper things to think about?

(Yes, that's kind of like fake sarcasm, and a set-up on top. Oops. There's another one.)

I tell ya! Some people!

Anyhoo, would it still be okay to meet up sometime one of these days -- (noonish would be best for me) -- and talk about Socrates* and stuff, and go ahead and knock out those two states, like you mentioned that time?

*WDHTCHSIYWWT,OC.
Last edited by wbtravis007 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wbtravis007

#11 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:14 pm

Rexer25 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I Chortle Mightily.

A Travis Original.
Not really.

Well, kind of. I guess.

I'm pretty sure that it was Bix who ridiculed someone for posting about how he had "chortled mightily" about something. It was so [that person]-ish that it stayed with me.

I actually remember that post pretty well -- the one where I explained why I'd be using "ICM." I think the subject was something like "The Long and Winding Road." One thing I remember about that: Fishie admitted to getting a few really good laughs out of that post. (Talk about an exception to the rule!)

I'm kind of sorry that I didn't save that post. There've been a few others that I'd like to be able to look at again, I suppose, but not that many.

wbtravis007

#12 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:41 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote: ICM!

That's the way it always is with you, isn't it! Sex this, sex that, does he have a nice ass ... [all that].

Hasn't it ever occurred to you that there might be deeper things to think about?

(Yes, that's kind of like a fake sarcasm, and a set-up on top. Oops. There are another few.)

I tell ya! Some people!

Anyhoo, would it still be okay to meet up sometime one of these days -- (noonish would be best for me) -- and talk about Socrates* and stuff, and go ahead and knock out those two states, like you mentioned that time?

*WDHTCHSIYWWT,OC.

notebookboy
Merry Man

#13 Post by notebookboy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:08 am

wbtravis007 wrote:I'm pretty sure that it was Bix who ridiculed someone for posting about how he had "chortled mightily" about something. It was so [that person]-ish that it stayed with me.

I actually remember that post pretty well -- the one where I explained why I'd be using "ICM." I think the subject was something like "The Long and Winding Road." One thing I remember about that: Fishie admitted to getting a few really good laughs out of that post. (Talk about an exception to the rule!)

I'm kind of sorry that I didn't save that post. There've been a few others that I'd like to be able to look at again, I suppose, but not that many.

You should have left me a note, along with 20 bucks....