"The Boy" Story for Marley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Appa23

"The Boy" Story for Marley

#1 Post by Appa23 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:01 am

Every Monday, both kids' classes get to go to the school library. Kindergarten checks out one book to take home, and the 1st grade check out two books (one to keep at school, and one to take home).

Previously, we had talked to The Boy about picking out one non-fiction book and one fiction book. He had a habit of checking out books on insects, especially bees and then spiders. Sunday night, we reminded him that he should check out a chapter book and bring that home (because reading about the hunting and trapping habits of spiders does not make for pleasant bedtime reading).

He listened to us. At dinner, I asked him what book he brought home. He said, "Half-Blood Prince."

I checked his backpack. Sure enough, I pulled out a hardbound edition of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." All 600+ pages. Since the school librarian checks the books out for the kids, my wife is dying to ask her what she thought when he brought her the book.

Pretty sure that he will not finish the book by next Monday. Plus, he still has not finished reading "Chamber of Secrets." Our new caveat will be that he should try to check out books that are under 100 pages and we do not already own. :lol:

MarleysGh0st

Re: "The Boy" Story for Marley

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Appa23 wrote:He listened to us. At dinner, I asked him what book he brought home. He said, "Half-Blood Prince."
Thanks for the story, Appa. Your son has excellent taste in books and he sets ambitious goals for himself.

I'm also finding it amusing that, since you said this story was for me, nobody else has replied to the thread. But--as of this moment--it's had 56 views. 8)

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:19 pm

We are a very thoughtful group and didn't want to intrude on a post directed to you when you were out of town.