This Bachelor (or however you spell it) thingy

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Im_Ace

This Bachelor (or however you spell it) thingy

#1 Post by Im_Ace » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:36 am

What a fuggin' farce.

Not that I was waching the series, but it was on last night as I was drifting off and on to sleep. The wife woke me and said, "He didn't pick anyone".

I was like....

Huh??? What day is it? What are you talking about?

Then I realized she was talking about the show.

He didn't pick anyone? They shoulda booted his ass, thrown out the whole thing, and started it over. No way this guy shoulda gotten any TV time.

The whole point of the show is for him to pick someone. He doesn't have to have anything to do with the girl afterwards, but he's got to pick someone. But this guy makes his own rules?

What if he decided to pick both of them? Think the producers would have allowed that? No way.

TPTB should have a clause in his contract that would forced him to pick someone, or pony up some serious money.

What he did totally invalidates the entire series.

Not that I have a vested interest, but ABC surely thinks nothing of the fan base of this show.
:::: taping my watch ::::

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:38 am

People will be talking about the show since he didn't pick anyone, which probably makes ABC happy.

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:52 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:People will be talking about the show since he didn't pick anyone, which probably makes ABC happy.
Not if the discussion includes the words "I'm never watching that fraud of a show again!", which IMO is what might happen. Not that I would mourn its disappearance.

The morning DJs were talking about it, thanks to the female member of the group. They played clips from his blowing off of both finalists. The opinion of the group: he's gay.

Whether he is or not is irrelevant. The whole idea of the show is that he picks one of the women, isn't it? Whether they stay together afterwards is irrelevant, though further publicity for all concerned. I predict significant negative backlash against the show and future versions.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Bixby17

#4 Post by Bixby17 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:33 pm

The Bachelor Must Die!!!!!!

Signed,
Bixby17
Airdates and money was delayed for months due to ABC's hot new show that eventually killed the original PT BAM.

takinover

#5 Post by takinover » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:36 pm

Wow, I can't even believe that it is still on. A holdover from ABC's Dark Ages.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:17 am

Anyone who believes that shows like The Bachelor are legit probably also still believes in the integrity of professional wrestling and roller derby.

If truth-in-advertising laws applied, the writers for this show would have to be out on strike along with other fantasy shows like Lost and The Bionic Woman.

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:03 am

What a joke.

He must be sniffing after someone he didn't give a rose to.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Anyone who believes that shows like The Bachelor are legit probably also still believes in the integrity of professional wrestling and roller derby.

If truth-in-advertising laws applied, the writers for this show would have to be out on strike along with other fantasy shows like Lost and The Bionic Woman.
That's one of the issues they're striking over!