Transcript 12/3/08 - Sharon Morrill

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 12/3/08 - Sharon Morrill

#26 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 am

peacock2121 wrote:It was not accurate. I have never limited my comments to compliments about their excitement, anecdotes, outfits, etc. Nor am I puzzled when other ex-hotseaters don't.

I often wonder what the hot-seater thinking was and have asked on many occasions.
My mistake. I shall endeavour to be more observant of these comments in the future.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#27 Post by Estonut » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:27 am

slam wrote:And yet another case of a contestant reaching for the PAF too soon. If you've planned well, the PAF is by far your most valuable lifeline. Why waste it when another lifeline is likely to help you also? Yet so many contestants do.
slam says that the PAF is "by far your most valuable lifeline," and rags on this contestant for using it too early. In the ensuing discussion, no one has pointed out that the "most valuable lifeline," in this case, was useless and the lowly ATA saved her bacon. It all depends on the question, the make-up of the audience and the list of PAFs you have to choose from.

owenziligation

#28 Post by owenziligation » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 am

I know this is a little late but am I the only one who noticed the connection between this contestant and Sally Vander Veer? The phone-friend was Sally from Superior, CO and it sure looked a heck of a lot like Sally Vander Veer, and when Sally appeared the phone-friend's name was Sharon. Didn't anyone else see this connection?

MarleysGh0st

#29 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:52 am

owenziligation wrote:I know this is a little late but am I the only one who noticed the connection between this contestant and Sally Vander Veer? The phone-friend was Sally from Superior, CO and it sure looked a heck of a lot like Sally Vander Veer, and when Sally appeared the phone-friend's name was Sharon. Didn't anyone else see this connection?
I don't think anyone else has mentioned the connection before, but it does appear that Sharon and Sandy are sisters who used each other as their PAFs, as you said. Good observation, owenziligation! (Can I call you "Owen" for short?)

Here's Sally's transcript:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9301

There have been contestants related to other contestants on the show before, including a few BBs.

owenziligation

#30 Post by owenziligation » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:24 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Can I call you "Owen" for short?
Absolutely!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#31 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:20 pm

gsabc wrote:Given her next category, I hope that her Expert was wintergreen.

Two obviously French names in the question, one French river in the choices and she uses two lifelines. She's probably been kicking herself ever since the taping. I wish her retroactive luck with her remaining questions. Substitute teaching is less fun than regular teaching, and less pay as well.
The thing is, we just recently had a question about a Dutch artist painting some French furniture. I wouldn't have tried to reason that Q out in 30 seconds -- I probably would have reacted just as she did.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#32 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Someone who has been there might have made a decision that they will tell you they never would have made while sitting on their couch at home

Bingo. Thus, I tend to take it a little bit easier on peeps who's lifeline management puzzles me. I will continue to believe anyone who doesn't line up a google-savvy PaF is foolishly squandering a terrific opportunity, however.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire