Hey, VAdame

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
hermillion
Bored Millionaire

Hey, VAdame

#1 Post by hermillion » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:36 pm

I believe we have twin kids with milestone birthdays coming up soon! How's yours doing?
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

VAdame

#2 Post by VAdame » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:56 am

Wow, you've got a good memory! Leah is well -- recently graduated with her business degree & is managing a clothing store. Lookin' forward to turning the big 21 on December 3!

How's her twin??

VAdame

#3 Post by VAdame » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:16 am

Well hell -- now I'm at work, & the pic is not showing. Can yinz guys see it?

christie1111
11:11

#4 Post by christie1111 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:36 am

VAdame wrote:Well hell -- now I'm at work, & the pic is not showing. Can yinz guys see it?
I can.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:41 am

VAdame wrote:Well hell -- now I'm at work, & the pic is not showing. Can yinz guys see it?
I can see it, too. What a beautiful young woman!

VAdame

#6 Post by VAdame » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 am

I know what's going on -- my work filter is blocking Photobucket!

Yes, Leah is doing pretty well. She's working a lot, since she just got the promotion & it's the busy busy time of year in retail! Good thing, since she has a student loan & a car loan (the reciprocal tuition from Keith's job covered a lot, but not everything!)

She had interviewed & been offered a job (head sales clerk but not manager) at Forever 21 ('nother clothing store.) She even went in & started training. But when she gave her 2 weeks notice at her current store, they didn't want to lose her, so they made her a better offer! Full-time, benefits, transfer to a closer location, & more $$ than Forever 21.

Plus, a management position -- she was on the manager-training track earlier in the summer, but when they realized she wasn't 21 yet, they put that on hold (even though they've had 20-year-old managers in the past.) Well -- she still has a couple of weeks before the birthday -- but they promoted her early :)

As for personal life -- of course we're all looking forward to the new little guy around Dec. 28 -- and Leah is always a good Auntie! But she's just started dating someone new (seems nice; don't know him that well yet,)
and no where near settling down any time soon!

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#7 Post by hermillion » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:21 am

Leah is adorable! And congrats to her on the job situation. It's wonderful that her PTB recognized her abilities, and value her enough to put the $$ and promotion out there for her.

Colin has been thinking military for several years, and has finally decided to take the plunge. Shortly after the first of the year he will be joining the Air Force. Yeah, I'm a concerned mom, but it's what he has wanted for some time and I'm proud of him for making the commitment.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#8 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:34 pm

I can see it. :)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:35 pm

hermillion wrote: Colin has been thinking military for several years, and has finally decided to take the plunge. Shortly after the first of the year he will be joining the Air Force. Yeah, I'm a concerned mom, but it's what he has wanted for some time and I'm proud of him for making the commitment.
What does he plan on doing in the Air Force?

I hope that he doesn't get sent to Iraq.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#10 Post by kayrharris » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:39 pm

I can see the pic as well. She is very pretty.

Must be something about being born on Dec 3rd.

:wink:

VAdame

#11 Post by VAdame » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:03 pm

kayrharris wrote:I can see the pic as well. She is very pretty.

Must be something about being born on Dec 3rd.

:wink:
LOL -- tell it to Ozzy Osbourne!