Transcript 12/5/2008 - Bryan Bishop

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/5/2008 - Bryan Bishop

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:51 pm

Bryan Bishop
Los Angeles, CA
Morning radio show sidekick

Bryan works with Adam Carolla. On the radio show they call him "Bald Bryan". Meredith can't imagine why (Bryan's head is shaved). Meredith asks if Adam has given him a hard time about being on the show. He says no, in fact they did a dry run with someone doing a Regis impersonation (that person couldn't imitate Meredith). He reached the $25K question and walked away.

Topic tree:
- Life and Death
- Air Supply
- Bee-ginnings
- Athletic Venues
- Asian Cities
- Wee Tales
- Deep Water
- Say What?
- Keeping It Real
- Cryptic Sculpture
- Ask a Doctor
- The Gallows
- I'm A Big Fan
- Dr. Seuss
- Safety First

$100 - As a safety measure which of the following is commonly equipped with an air bag?
A - rowboat
B - car
C - bicycle
D - Olympic sprinter
Spoiler
B - car (9)
$200 - Jim Carrey supplied the voice of the hero Horton in the 2008 Dr. Seuss adaptation "Horton Hears a" what?
A - when
B - why
C - where
D - who
Spoiler
D - who (10)
$300 - Of Shakespeare's works, movie producer Sam Goldwyn once reportedly said, "Fantastic! And it was all written with a" what?
A - typewriter
B - permanent marker
C - feather
D - laptop computer
Spoiler
C - feather (9)
$500 - In a game of hangman, what body part is often drawn first after a player offers the first incorrect guess?
A - foot
B - hand
C - head
D - arm
Spoiler
C - head (9)
$1K - Derived from a Greek word meaning "grinding," the medical term "trismus" refers to what ailment?
A - lockjaw
B - frostbite
C - heartburn
D - pinkeye
Spoiler
A - lockjaw (9)
Meredith asks if Adam is smarter than Bryan. Bryan replies that if you ask Adam, he is.

$2K - Featuring letters that contain secret messages, Kryptos is a sculpture outside what U.S. agency's headquarters?
A - IRS
B - EPA
C - CIA
D - FCC
Spoiler
C - CIA (23)
Meredith says that Bryan is very focused. Bryan replies that he was advised to read the question, read all the answers and save the time for the final question.

$4K - What redheaded stand-up comedian is the star of her own Hollywood reality show subtitled "My Life on the D-List"?
A - Paula Poundstone
B - Margaret Cho
C - Janeane Garofalo
D - Kathy Griffin
Spoiler
Brian has seen her live and she's been great on his radio show.

D - Kathy Griffin (22)
commercial break

Meredith says that Adam won't be able to poke fun at Bryan any longer because he's doing so well.

$8K - Someone who compliments your appearance by saying they like "the cut of your jib" is using a phrase borrowed from what field?
A - cooking
B - banking
C - dancing
D - sailing
Spoiler
Bryan says that Adam uses the term all the time and so he's heard it hundreds of times and knows that it's a sailing term.

D - sailing (21)
$16K - Located about 25,000 feet below sea level, the Cayman Trench marks the deepest point in what body of water?
A - Caribbean Sea
B - Pacific Ocean
C - Mediterranean Sea
D - Gulf of California
Spoiler
Bryan says that he should know this but he doesn't, so with 16 seconds remaining on the clock he decides to phone a friend. On his PAF list are his friend Alex from Santa Monica, CA; his friend Anagha from NYC; and Mike from Los Angeles. Bryan says that Alex is a wizard and Anagha is a genius but he's going to call Mike. He's an all-around wizard and knows a lot of things. Bryan asks Mike where the Cayman Trench is, then gives him the four choices. Mike says it's the Caribbean Sea. Bryan asks how the show is going; Mike says that another Mike is going to take Bryan's job. Meredith says that as well as Bryan is doing he might not need the job after this.

A - Caribbean Sea (14)

THE HORN!!!!!!

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 12/5/2008 - Bryan Bishop

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:43 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Bryan Bishop
Los Angeles, CA
Which makes him a What Else®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:- Life and Death
- Air Supply
- Bee-ginnings
- Athletic Venues
- Asian Cities
- Wee Tales
- Deep Water
- Say What?
- Keeping It Real
- Cryptic Sculpture
- Ask a Doctor
- The Gallows
- I'm A Big Fan
- Dr. Seuss
- Safety First
Looks like a cupcake stack for me up until the $250,000 question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 - As a safety measure which of the following is commonly equipped with an air bag?
A - rowboat
B - car
C - bicycle
D - Olympic sprinter
E - Conservative radio station

Nihil obstat®

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:11 am

Los Angeles, CA

Bryan works with Adam Carolla. On the radio show they call him "Bald Bryan". Meredith can't imagine why (Bryan's head is shaved). Meredith asks if Adam has given him a hard time about being on the show. He says no, in fact they did a dry run with someone doing a Regis impersonation (that person couldn't imitate Meredith). He reached the $25K question and walked away.
It's a celebrity - just what the show needs.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - Located about 25,000 feet below sea level, the Cayman Trench marks the deepest point in what body of water?
A - Caribbean Sea
B - Pacific Ocean
C - Mediterranean Sea
D - Gulf of California
Spoiler
Bryan says that he should know this but he doesn't, so with 16 seconds remaining on the clock he decides to phone a friend. On his PAF list are his friend Alex from Santa Monica, CA; his friend Anagha from NYC; and Mike from Los Angeles. Bryan says that Alex is a wizard and Anagha is a genius but he's going to call Mike. He's an all-around wizard and knows a lot of things. Bryan asks Mike where the Cayman Trench is, then gives him the four choices. Mike says it's the Caribbean Sea. Bryan asks how the show is going; Mike says that another Mike is going to take Bryan's job. Meredith says that as well as Bryan is doing he might not need the job after this.

A - Caribbean Sea (14)
I wonder if Bryan entertained the notion of putting Adam on his PAF list.

If you know where Grand Cayman Island is, this is a pretty easy question. I must say that although Bryan is a celebrity (of sorts) he's doing quite well.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:27 am

earendel wrote:
Los Angeles, CA

It's a celebrity - just what the show needs.
You forgot to roll your eyes.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

plasticene

#5 Post by plasticene » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:38 pm

$4K - What redheaded stand-up comedian is the star of her own Hollywood reality show subtitled "My Life on the D-List"?
A - Paula Poundstone
B - Margaret Cho
C - Janeane Garofalo
D - Kathy Griffin
Spoiler
Brian has seen her live and she's been great on his radio show.

D - Kathy Griffin (22)
commercial break
I usually fast-forward past the excruciating opening interviews, so I didn't realize who this contestant was until his offhand comment on this question. I listen to the Adam Carolla show every morning, and I really like Bald Bryan. I've been looking forward to his appearance on the show, even though he's a WE. He's a very smart guy who has a legitimate chance to win a bunch of money.

Too bad he already used his PAF. I think he overestimated the difficulty of the Cayman Trench question--the audience probably would have handled it fine.