The Mother Of All Bored History Quizzes!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

#51 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:32 pm

108. Who was the first BB to ever receive double digit recommendations, which was given to their post made on May 12, 2000?

A. Jayhawker536
B. MVLease
C. walhal
D. jerr87

"Who Is The Recommender?"... it just begged to be recced at a time when reccing was rarely if ever done....

109. The post above made reference to a quirk in Go's message Bored code at the time that showed a false reccommendation when a post received ___ number of hits, and disappeared after a post made it to ___ hits. - 6 & 10

All posts with 6, 7, 8, or 9 hits on the PRoG (And the Love Boat up until wnet was pulled out from under us) showed 1 rec, unless the post already had multiple recs. The false rec would drop off after the post received its 10th hit...

110. What was the exact title of the subject line of Post #94789, walhal's 646th and final post made on the night of August 29, 2000? - "One of the idiots speaks"

BTW, the reference to multiple idiots had to do with the fact that not only did he flame out, but so did the contestant who followed him, Ronald Moya, aka "Italics Man" since he wasn't familiar with that italics looked like in one of his questions.

111. How many times (the number of 5-day call in periods, not number of individual days) were the phone lines open for the Phone Player Pool during its short life? - 2

There was a call-in period in mid April and one in late June...

112. Which of the following BB's did not make it on the show in 2001 via the PPP?

A. andrewjackson
B. gotribego26
C. kidtejas
D. rob_wilson

113. Who broke the news of the rule change to the PPP on March 16, 2001?

A. ScrabbleTed
B. hbomb1947
C. rhoadsc
D. kidtejas

114. Which BB participated in the final Round 2 game ever held on March 28, 2001?

A. bjh104
B. hbomb1947
C. HoosierHoopster
D. Sir_Galahad

115. Misplacing which music group in the final question cost the above BB a shot at going 5 for 5? - O Town

The other band he mixed O Town up with was The Dixie Chicks, though he knew what theire time period was while he had no clue who O Town was. He should have used Spock's Law....

116. What was the handle used by a supposed WWTBAM insider who correctly predicted the date that the negative PC's would arrive from the first set of auditions in 2003, which was "Black Friday" July 25th? - The_Power

117. Besides a gusgerbils PJ party, what was the main impetus behind the posting spike on what was termed Black Tuesday January 23, 2001? - Most of the country was locked out of the phone game

When the call-in period started, only those in the Pacific Time Zone could get through to Fred. The Eastern Time Zone had access for about the first half hour, but the Central & Mountain zones were completely blocked out. This was apparently due to a glitch that shut down those zones due to their quota of callers already being reached. About halfway through the evening, the poster jemmylegs came up with a way around the blockade through calling AT&T out west and.... well, I don't know exactly hwo it worked, but those who tried this trick were able to play Round 1 that night...

118. Who was the first BB to post the news of the real Black Tuesday on September 11, 2001? - gsn309

In an era where news is sometimes reported on this Bored almost instantaneously, it is shocking to know that 15 minutes elapsed from the time the first tower was hit and gsn made that first post. I had actually been tipped off when my Mom called, shut off the WTVT®, watched the coverage on CNN for a few minutes, then came back to the Bored (Just in time to miss the second tower being hit) and there were still no posts about the events yet. I have a hard time telling people I was on a message Bored posting answers and points to Question 1 of Bored Game X when "the world changed forever"....

119. Which BB was the first to respond to that initial 9/11 post, and did not post again for almost 6 years? - BeetleManiac

I have to admit I couldn't get over the coincidence all that time, but Beetle came back out of the woodwork finally last August, posting as WmLGage... though it seems he didn't follow us to the new Bored...

120. Which PC was the impetus behind the day dubbed Wacky Wednesday, June 21, 2000?

A. jamesbriangriffin
B. teebee54
C. Hellpuzzy
D. Steve Russillo

I really miss teebee and the good old days....

121. Which BB posted on December 12, 2002 that they had been chosen to appear on SyndieBAM, one day after they taped their episode?

A. Amazonium
B. NE1410S
C. lilyvonschtupp26
D. takinover

122. Who brought the term "nihil obstat" to the Bored on September 14, 2004?

A. MarleysGh0st
B. Kazoo59
C. earendel100
D. NellyLunatic1980

123. Which BB posted TUB message #40649 on August 5, 2004, the first known message that did not show up in threaded view on the new TUB message Bored format? - jeemie4452

Thus why jeemie campaigned for the TUB glitch to be named after him...

124. You couldn't say the words Lohstroh and Geisler on the TUB starting in the Spring of 2005 without the words getting censored, and eventually it would not accept the post at all. While there was never any need to post those words on the Bored, there were 2 other taboo names that were much more commonly come across. What woman's first name and common surname were similarly banned from usage? - Collins & Kathleen

Otto didn't hate Phil Collins... he just hated the principals involved in a criminal case in Houston back in 2005 that had posters from another Bored doing something that caused the KTRK moderator (I'd assume it was them anyway) to bar the four names listed above....

Almost halfway (only halfway!?!?!?) there....

gsabc

#52 Post by gsabc » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:53 pm

98. Which city was originally scheduled to hold a stealth audition on September 12, 2001? - Boston

The Northeasterners on the Bored constantly griped that WWTBAM had never held an audition in their neck of the woods other than the occasional New York audition. Well, they were finally scheduled to get one.... only to have the events of the day before postpone it...
I had forgotten that this was one of the stealth auditions. I was scheduled for it, and heard a radio interview with Leigh Hampton on my way to work on 9/11, probably right around the time the Boston flights were leaving Logan. I learned of the attack from a post in the GC.

I've blocked the memory of the actual audition date, because my interview was completely FUBAR and unworthy of remembering. I could look it up through GC posts, but I'd rather not.

We still complain about the lack of auditions in these parts, because they haven't been back since. I can't always depend on favorable audit timings.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

ladysoleil

#53 Post by ladysoleil » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:14 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:More answers....

31. Who coined the BB's who were located on Server B to be Ravenclaws?

A. ladysoleil
B. MarleysGh0st
C. TheCalvinator24
D. BobJuch

Congratulations on your place in Bored history for perpetuity!
Thanks! ;)

The amusing part of this is that I have a personal rule about never, ever getting involved in HP discussions online, so it's funny to me that the one time I blatantly did, it ended being something that stuck. I'm generally supercareful about not posting online about anything my employer does. You'd think I worked for the feds and not in publishing or something.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#54 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:50 pm

littlebeast13 wrote: It was through sjcornman's story that we heard of Kati's alleged swing she took at her husband as he tried to console her upon being bounced from the seat after her memorable run. Several BB's wondered why the punch was edited out of the GSN repeat several years later. Answer: It was never shown in the first place... we only knew about it because of sjcornman's behind the scenes account...
The swing was not merely alleged, it happened and was shown clearly on the show's first airing. It clearly wasn't very hard, but it was clearly a closed-fist punch which astonished hubby. She rounded on him as he put his arm around her. She was wearing red; he was wearing a light blue MAWG shirt.

I would have edited it out later on also. It was a mean-spirited thing to do in the first place with no place on a family show, and it's a bad idea to show anybody using a spouse as a punching bag out of frustration whether it was hard enough to hurt or not.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#55 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 am

What sprots said.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#56 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:08 am

Below are a few famous drive-by posters. Briefly describe what they are best known for in their brief visit to the Bored:

125. Steve_Russillo - He came to the Bored early on in 2000 when Round 2 was longer than just 15 minutes trying to get answers to the questions before the window had expired

126. Cool_Eternity - He started a logic puzzle craze, then got bent out of shape when we would give sarcastic answers to the newbies who were stopping by wondering why they couldn't get through on the phone game (This was July 2000, the month that featured only a 5 day call-in period). A few of us vets, most notably Sir Galahad, gave him som grief over this, and he left in a huff... only to return 5 months later to taunt Sir G some more...

127. gotscrewed69 - He claimed to have gone to the Birmingham auditions in December 2000, and started the legendary "BirmingSCAM" thread... claiming the auditions were rigged and phony because WWTBAm was being so secretive about how they were conducting the selection process

128. FloridaPete37 - As alluded to above, he first brought forth the theory in April 2001 that the Sonny-led auditions were putting more auditioners in the APP than the Jennifer-led auditions

129. Allentown7721 - One of the first truly vocal critics of how the auditions were not putting nearly as many MAWGs through to the pool and eventually the show around the same time as FloridaPete's accusations

130. TVtrips_com - Mark Anthony DiBello, the man who has done it all, and "advisor" to some of the greatest game show contestants ever. He dropped by on September 16, 2004, promoting his website and his "tax deductible charity" that helps game show contestants succeed, and was widely ridiculed by us... but none did it better than the 1.86 million dollar man himself...

131. SOX404Guru - One of our first visitors to this Bored, who was ridiculed just as much as DiBello was, though not as warm and fuzzily. He claimed to be writing a book and noted his belief that women are not as smart as men in numerous ways with "evidence" from WWTBAM... most notably that women call men as PaF's more often than they call other women

132. Keyondoway07 - 33 g. of s. on p. and d. Enough said

133. What Bored glitch did you suffer from on the PRoG if you had Spock's Disease? - You got a false [EOM] on messages that weren't EOM's

Remember back in the PRoG, how the [EOM] designation would appear next to any message that had no text in the body? For certain posters, this appeared at times even when there was something to read. While Spock got the honor of inspiring the eponym, ghostjmf and maineiac1982 also suffered from this "disease"...

134. Who is Janet Krause?

A. The real name of gusgerbils
B. The person who started the famous Jipted thread
C. The contestant sjcornman PAF'ed for
D. A Bored Monitor on the PRoG

1 post and out... probably the most important 1-post wonder in Bored history...

135. Who is Jeanie Rae O?

136. Who is Meg Hurley?

She really did breed and sell gerbils, though she has no idea about her legacy on this Bored....

137. Who is Judy Bartoletti?

Which was sjcornman's reason for coming to the Bored. He was in the Hot Seat himself within a month...

138. Which BB received a famous response from the Bored monitor mentioned in one of the questions above in September 2000 after a purge and string of deletions?

A. tgirl78
B. gailmail5
C. a1mamacat
D. samcat23

This inquiry was made in response to a rash of questionable deletions made in September 2000 not long after the first Purge wiped out the first 6 months of Bored history. JRO meantioned that the staff could live with the QoD so long as it didn't get out of hand. She didn't know TR, did she...?

139. Which BB started the Question Tag game in late July 2000?

A. Killer_Tomato
B. Todd_Rundgren
C. macemace48
D. walhal

This game turned from a fun diversion into the game from hell very quickly. The last week of it's life wa mainly choices A, B, and C trading back and forth TR-esque QoD's, a month before the TR QoD would gain popularity...

140. Which BB started Fast Tag, which was inspired by Question Tag after its questions became so long and tedious that people quit playing?

A. ndsuspock
B. Sir_Galahad
C. TankleToon
D. pamjb

Fast Tag remained true to its roots, but after about 10 days and a little over 1,000 posts, the entire thread suddenly got wiped out by the BM. Though some tried to restart it, it never caught back on after the original thread was purged...

141. Although he didn't start it, which BB became the host of the famous PRoG thread "Here's a toughy" from the summer of 2000 until the Bored was taken down?

A. Exeter571
B. adsarc
C. HoosierHoopster
D. dougie_monty

One of a few who never followed us off the PRoG, either for the Morlock invasion or after its collapse...

142. Which BB added "the Iron Thread" onto the thread's subject line, which stuck for the rest of its Bored life?

A. littlebeast13
B. Im_Ace
C. BackInTex
D. ndsuspock

Who else?

143. In February of 2001, due to a glitch caused by some deleted posts, the Iron Thread temporarily got steered out of its main thread and into the thread of a RIP for which famous celebrity? - Dale Earnhardt

February 2001 also had a period of temporary insanity by the BM, and when an Iron thread post got torched, the next in thread link led straight to a RIP Dale Earnhardt thread, and dougie monty posted his next question in there... where it remained for a week or so until I alerted dougie monty to the porblem.

Did you know I had a theory going back then that every 5 months, some form of Bored moderation chaos broke out? November 1999 when the prehistoric Bored got torched, April 2000 when Ann's insanity led to the GC, September 2000 with the purge and subsequent deletions that led to Jeanie Rae O's contact, the above mentioned february 2001 problems, the Morlock invasion and subsequent PRoG moderation in July 2001... and the Bored broke down just a few hours shy of making it to the next month in line, December 2001....

We're getting to the end....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#57 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:12 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote: It was through sjcornman's story that we heard of Kati's alleged swing she took at her husband as he tried to console her upon being bounced from the seat after her memorable run. Several BB's wondered why the punch was edited out of the GSN repeat several years later. Answer: It was never shown in the first place... we only knew about it because of sjcornman's behind the scenes account...
The swing was not merely alleged, it happened and was shown clearly on the show's first airing. It clearly wasn't very hard, but it was clearly a closed-fist punch which astonished hubby. She rounded on him as he put his arm around her. She was wearing red; he was wearing a light blue MAWG shirt.

I would have edited it out later on also. It was a mean-spirited thing to do in the first place with no place on a family show, and it's a bad idea to show anybody using a spouse as a punching bag out of frustration whether it was hard enough to hurt or not.

I thought when the punch didn't appear on GSN, that we came to the conclusion that it was put into our heads by hearing first-hand reports of it... and over time we had just assumed we actually saw it (ala, the phenomenon that causes people to claim they saw something on the The Tonight Show back in the day that never really happened).

I do know GSN took some liberties with the shows. The most noticable thing with mine was the fact that I could barely be seen over Regis' shoulder anymore... whereas on the original broadcast I was glowing brighter than Ed's potato....

lb13

fantine33

#58 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

littlebeast13 wrote:36. Who is Meg Hurley?

She really did breed and sell gerbils, though she has no idea about her legacy on this Bored....
So it's gus-gerbils? I've always pronounced it goose-grr-bills. That's funny.
littlebeast13 wrote:Fast Tag remained true to its roots, but after about 10 days and a little over 1,000 posts, the entire thread suddenly got wiped out by the BM. Though some tried to restart it, it never caught back on after the original thread was purged...
Watersprinkler started an egroups for Fast Tag, which lasted a little while.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#59 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:32 am

fantine33 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:36. Who is Meg Hurley?

So it's gus-gerbils? I've always pronounced it goose-grr-bills. That's funny.

And her favorite gerbil was named Gus, thus the name.

I have a picture saved of Gus I got from her now defunct website, but can't post it since it's not "out there" anymore and there's nowhere to "point" to it...

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#60 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:35 am

littlebeast13 wrote: I have a picture saved of Gus I got from her now defunct website, but can't post it since it's not "out there" anymore and there's nowhere to "point" to it...
So create an MM for Gus and upload the picture as his avatar!

Gus Gerbil
Merry Man

#61 Post by Gus Gerbil » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:47 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote: I have a picture saved of Gus I got from her now defunct website, but can't post it since it's not "out there" anymore and there's nowhere to "point" to it...
So create an MM for Gus and upload the picture as his avatar!

Well, here I am....

I'm not going to get squashed, am I?

MarleysGh0st

#62 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 am

Gus Gerbil wrote: Well, here I am....

I'm not going to get squashed, am I?
With that fuzzy image, looks like you already have been! :shock:

But welcome anyway, Gus.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#63 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:37 am

If I want to finish answering all of these before the new year, I better get going again.....

144. Who hosted a set of 5 FF questions on January 2, 2001, awarding prizes to the 5 BB's who answered each question the fastest?

A. Sir_Galahad
B. Killer_Tomato
C. ScrabbleTed
D. Im_Ace

I won one of these FF's to get a big boatload of prizes....

145. Four of the prizes in the game above were won by regular BB's. One prize was won by a newbie making his first post, Cyder_Jack. Cyder_Jack's next appearance was two weeks later, after he'd done what? - Won $250,000 on WWTBAM

Cyder_Jack wound up being Jack Martin, whose shows aired January 17 & 18, 2001 (I watched the first show from the Empire the evening befor emy taping). He is probably best remembered for walking away from his $500,000 question with his 50/50 lifeline still on the table because he didn't want to be tempted into guessing....

146. There were many BB's posting callbacks during the audition callback week in December 2000. Which BB reported the first call on December 11?

A. aussiegirl828
B. macsdaddy1967
C. dr_amp
D. attyLP

147. Which BB created the concept of the Bored Novel, and started the first story in November 2001?

A. ging5472
B. kidtejas
C. vandalrmc
D. Ritterskoop

This was shortly before kidtejas wound up leaving the Bored after having a nasty spat with somebody. He wrote the first installment of the first novel, and returned to the Bored in time to write the final installment right before the PRoG was taken down....

Below are the "plots" of the first four Bored Novels. Name the Bored Novel number that goes with each plot:

148. Phil Micklestein has an adventure to remember after getting tangled up with a woman named Naomi - II

This has to be my favorite of the Bored novels... if only because it was the only one of them that actually had a linear plotline without any digressions or flashbacks....

149. Barry Runkel picks up Tracy Railsback while driving in his Camaro. Convolution ensues, and the former ends up kidnapping Pat Summerall - III

This one was one convoluted mess because nearly every new chapter took the story in a new direction that sometimes had little or nothing to do with the previous chapter. It is no coincidence that this novel not only had the fewest contributions, but killed the whole Bored novel concept until vandal reintroduced in 2 and a half years later....

150. Miles Merryman buys a Hermillion watch and becomes a time traveller - IV

The neat thing about this novel was that it was done in the early stages of the TUB, and vandal came up with the clever idea to have all the contributers go back and edit their previous chapters to include shower scenes, making the novel appear to be "vandalized"....

151. Jacob Keyes and Lila Cole deal with the nefarious plan of Mayor Geezergut Bilco in Thermopolis - I

This is where everything started. This was also the only one of the four novels that came to a resolution before all interest was lost in it...

BTW, my apologies to those who worked on Bored Novel V during the first few months of 2005. I knew that there was a fifth Bored novel (The onyl one I didn't contribute to), but it was never saved anywhere, and I couldn't remember what the story was about....

152. Which BB captured Post #50000 on the PRoG in April 2000 in a spirited pre-gusgerbils contest with the second of a double post?

A. Todd_Rundgren
B. footballguy17
C. SportsFan68
D. llama_master

This was also the answer to the first ever Bored Game question posted by Eyegor on 12/6/00...

153. Which BB captured Post #100000 on the PRoG on September 15, 2000 with the third of a series of posts in what was the first example of gusgerbils war-posting?

A. BackInTex
B. ScrabbleTed
C. SportsFan68
D. HoosierHoopster

I risked being late for work that evening to catch that milestone (I wound up getting #100004). The chase didn't really begin until there were about 50 posts to go, though macemace had noted the milestone's arrival 4 days earlier with his thread "Everybody Post" (Begun in Post #98204). Pea and PSM were obviously not around back then....

154. Which BB captured Posts #50000, 100000, and 500000 (Using the new format's numbering system) on the TUB?

A. Ritterskoop
B. 2121peacock
C. SportsFan68
D. silvercamaro

A monumental (and completely coincidental) acheivement. Too bad the millionth post went to somebody on the Marvin Zindler Bored....

155. The first stealth auditions for a Primetime WWTBAM show, which was the Fathers Day 2001 edition, were held where? - Disney World

At the Play It! attraction...

156. A Merry Man Arthur_King_of_the_Britons fired off a letter about what he (and most of the Bored) thought was an illegal practice by ABC in holding the above stealth auditions, and emailed it to ABC and which government agency? - FCC

157. On what grounds did he believe the auditions were unfair and illegal? - Paying park admission was akin to Disney requiring a "purchase" in order to enter their contest

This was a HUGE deal on the Bored when those stealth Father's Day auditions were found out about. The BM kept deleting Arthur's (Really ImWaiting/1DrunkenIdiot) message, so several other BB's took it upon themselves to post the message everytime the previous post was deleted. The whole idea of "stealth auditions" was appalling, but not even 48 hours later, it would become the new reality...

158. Which BB was not the first, but certainly sparked the biggest controversy, to challenge the ranting on MyBigFatFabulousBrain by posting that "You've Gone To Far!" on October 13, 2006?

A. lov2dish
B. auditioneer
C. greyhound_dude
D. centflaparrothead

It was Friday the 13th, no less...

159. Prior to SportsFan68 taking over the all time posting lead in February 2002, which BB held the number 1 spot in the rankings?

A. Sir_Galahad
B. Todd_Rundgren
C. TheCalvinator24
D. wild_bill_76

It is amazing that Sprots has been on top of the rankings now for almost 6 years. If Sprots didn't make another post, it would still take Pea almost 2 years to catch her....

160. Which of these BB's never held the top spot in the rankings at any time since the first edition was posted on March 29, 2000?

A. Sir_Galahad
B. Killer_Tomato
C. Todd_Rundgren
D. hbomb1947

Harv made it to second place, where he was when I took the rankings over in July 2001. But he retired to semi-regular status at that time (As did several others during the Morlock invasion), otherwise he'd have easily passed Sir G to move into first place. Instead, it was Cal who would dethrone the knighted one a month later....

161. Which of these BB's was listed at the top of the very first rankings list posted on March 29, 2000?

A. jmcachran
B. SLK03
C. astrnomr
D. bbking52

Eyegor had made mention of the fact that jmcachran once led the rankings, but this is impossible since astro was on top of the first list ever posted, and jmcachran had already faded into the Bored's background by the time of that first rankings. jmc was the Bored's first truly prodigious poster, and would have led the rankings had they existed prior to 3/29/00, but can not be considered an official leader....

162. How many BB's have posted at least 10,000 times in Bored history?

A. 29
B. 32
C. 34
D. 37

It has been 8 months since HoltDad became the 34th member of the 5-digit club, and it will be a while before we get our 35th member. I predicted at the time, before he was even in the Top 50, that BobJuch would be the next to make it to 10K. But with mrkelley burning up the keyboard lately, and PSM rocketing up the charts, that prediction may be out the window...

163. Which BB went to the San Diego audition with a stuffed hamster in their pocket? - Sir_Galahad

It is funny how hamster squashing came into the Bored's mythology. That question was reportedly asked to death by the AP's at the first auditions in 2000. Sir G managed to make such an impression on the AP's, that it was reported at (I believe) the Milwaukee auditions that one of the AP's asked if "Sir Galahad" or "Calvinator" were in attendance. They did read the Bored....

164. What was the name of the horse Saucy took a tumble from in April 2001?

A. Julep
B. Sonny
C. Jamie
D. Saucy

Julep, BTW, happens to be the name of the only horse I've ridden in the past 20+ years. I would be perfectly content if Julep were the last horse I ever rode....

165. In an April Fool's joke on Steve Beverly's website, who did he say was chosen to host the newly created Syndicated WWTBAM? - Dick Clark

Who knows when the next installment of answers will be, but it will come....

peacock2121

#64 Post by peacock2121 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 am

Reading the answers and your comments are even more fun than playing was.

Thanks for doing it.

TheCalvinator24

#65 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:42 am

163. Which BB went to the San Diego audition with a stuffed hamster in their pocket? - Sir_Galahad

It is funny how hamster squashing came into the Bored's mythology. That question was reportedly asked to death by the AP's at the first auditions in 2000. Sir G managed to make such an impression on the AP's, that it was reported at (I believe) the Milwaukee auditions that one of the AP's asked if "Sir Galahad" or "Calvinator" were in attendance. They did read the Bored....
Even funnier is that by the time they asked that at the audition, TheCalvinator had already taken them for $250K.

:D

I was a fairly vocal critic of the auditions, even if they had no impact on me whatsoever at that point.

There was an occasional poster with the handle lawboy### (I think that was it) who was there on the same taping with me. He made an impassioned plea for them to abandon auditions. Obviously, it fell on deaf ears.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#66 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:49 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:There was an occasional poster with the handle lawboy### (I think that was it) who was there on the same taping with me. He made an impassioned plea for them to abandon auditions. Obviously, it fell on deaf ears.

I remember who you're talking about, and I think you have the main part of the handle right, but lawboy seem's to have slipped past me while compiling my BB directory, as I don't see him there....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#67 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:08 am

Time to knock off another section of answers....

Below are some acronyms that have appeared on the Bored throughout its history. Name exactly what they stood for:

166. MAWG - Middle Aged White Guy

There was some debate over who exactly came up with this acronym, but there is no question when it first began to appear here... shortly after the announcement of the New Phone Game in March of 2001...

167. PRoG - People's Republic of Go

Another acronym that I have no idea who originated... probably because it was first used during the Morlock Invasion, and the Boreds we were posting on at the time didn't exactly have long lifespans for the proper recording of Bored history. Like many other Bored terms, this one took on a new meaning from its original one. The PRoG was used to describe the heavy-handed moderation the Bored was under during the invasion, but after it's fall 4 months later, it soon came to be used as the unofficial name for the ABC Bored as a whole...

168. ToC - Tournament of Champions

One of the first acronyms I had to attempt to decode since I made my Bored debut during the ToC in May 2000....

169. GC - Gated Community

The most popular of the nicknames applied to the private Bored set up by MVLease over on eGroups (later Yahoo)

170. PC (not postcard, the original definition) - Poster Child

Term for the immature posters whose main intent on the Bored was to be annoying. This would include our friends jamesbriangriffin, teebee, AZPrincess, and many others.... mostly from the Old and New Classes...

171. OTC - On The Clock

The 3 hour waiting period for those who passed Round 1 on the Phone Game, who were hoping to receive a callback to Round 2. That seems like it happened decades ago....

172. APP - Audition Player Pool

Those who received postcards from the Spring 2001 auditions. Not to be confused with the more ambiguous and mysterious members of the Phone Player Pool (PPP) that was going on at the same time...

173. ESST - Eyegor's School for Spellin and Tpying

And in true ESST fashion, spelling doesn't count against you on this one... or should that be proper misspelling? (And why didn't I ask a question about ESST's mascot, as selected by BiT? That would of course be Larry the cucumber from Veggie Tales... the official Huntin' Pecker mascot)

174. TMHBB - TheMuchHatedBB

One of Booch's many aliases during the run of insanity from late 2001 through 2002. Not to be confused with KPK (KrisPKreme), WCT (WestCoastTom), or even Eyegor's NCAA inspired Most Hated BB contest in 2003...

175. TBOTS - The Battle of the Sexes

A game created by kidtejas, spawned from Gender Defender. TBOTS essentially took GD's place as the live daytime Bored game, forcing GD to reinvent itself on Friday nights. GD would go on to outlast TBOTS by over 3 years....

176. MBFFB - My Big Fat Fabulous Brain

Coined by Bixby in Barbarella's transcript thread in January 2005, it truly caught on when I seized the opportunity to immortalize it with a new MM. Of course, I never intended for MBFFB to become the monster it did, but it was fun and interesting while his run lasted....

177. MMFF - marrymeflyfree

Of course, a regular poster on the Bored for the last 4 years. Why her name always seemed to be initialized in caps baffled me... same with SSS...

178. The gusgerbils Post #456789 on the Love Boat was picked up by the BBTranscriptTeam. It was the transcript of whch memorable contestant?

A. His PAF had 9 college degrees
B. He was a cart pusher at a supermarket
C. He was billed as the Unknown Contestant
D. He falsely claimed to be a doctor on his audition application

Interestingly enough, this remains the only gusgerbils milestone ever captured by the BBTranscriptTeam, and it was done on a Bored that clearly displayed the post numbers. BBTT never managed to even pick up one of the stealth gusses on the TUB....

179. ScrabbleTed began most mornings in the Dry Rot era (when posts were being slowly and randomly deleted from months back in Bored history) by putting the title of which song in the subject line of his first post? - "I Got You Babe"

If you've seen the movie Groundhog Day, and you remember what it was like back in the Dry Rot era to log on to the Bored each day and find that your post total shrunk overnight, then this needs no explanation...

180. Which BB has the honor of having the longest existing post in Bored history?

A. Corn9977
B. themanintheseersuckersuit
C. jtmattox
D. JaypunkRawk

Depending on how you look at it, the honor could go to tmitsss also, but I'm siding with jtmattox even though the post in question is not officially counted in the Bored totals. The above posters all do share one thing, at one point or another they had the earliest existing post on the Bored.

When the September 2000 purge wiped out gusgerbils' status as #1, JaypunkRawk leaped into legendary one-post wonder status by having the earliest existing post on the Bored until it was wiped out by Dry Rot in April 2001. That post lasted a bit over 10 months, but has the honor of being the longest existing post ever on the PRoG.

Corn of course had the first post on the Love Boat, and due to an odd set of circumstances that occured early in the Love Boat's history, the first 2 weeks' worth of Love Boat posts, after briefly being deleted in January 2002, became immune to the 90-day rot, and lasted until May of 2003, when they all bit the dust in the middle of a Bored Game I was running with one of the questions concerning posters who had posts still existing in that window. Her #1 post set the Bored record at 1 and a half years, which would not be knocked off until the TUB came to be....

tmitsss had the first official post on the TUB, but he also had the earliest existing post on the Love Boat when 90-day rot was halted permanently in January 2004, though the post only lasted 8 months. Still, since the TUB was our Bored and only our Bored, we can still honor jtmattox for nailing the first post there, with that historic post remaining on the Bored for a record-setting 1238 days....

More to come some other time.....

peacock2121

#68 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:26 am

Thanks for doing this, lb.

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#69 Post by tubadave » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:29 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:177. MMFF - marrymeflyfree

Of course, a regular poster on the Bored for the last 4 years. Why her name always seemed to be initialized in caps baffled me... same with SSS...

I was in the Freedom Shop the other day (Southwest's gift shop inside headquarters) and saw a T-Shirt that said "Marry Me Fly Free!" It made me think of the Bored, and I chuckled a bit.

It looked like a woman's t-shirt, or else I might have bought it. After all, I still have that perk to offer myself.....

8)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

BackInTex

#70 Post by BackInTex » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:24 pm

Geez, I know I'm the answer to at least two questions, but would have to guess on at least one of them. :shock:

Some questions of my own that aren't included:

Who sponsored, for free, the shared lotto tickets to BBs for just providing your favorite numbers?

What did this BB refer to this as?

Who was the infamous RecFairy?

About how many recs did one of the final days posts from the old board (I don't remember which one) get?

or 20,000
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

BackInTex

#71 Post by BackInTex » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:42 pm

25. On October 18, 2001, who rescued us from the inferior affiliate interfaces with the discovery of the wnet interface?

A. Eyegor
B. TheCalvinator24
C. BackInTex
D. littlebeast13

26. What Merry Man was the link to wnet posted under? - NeRainbow

Why BiT did this under an MM, or what that MM even means, I have no clue. But what a joyous occasion that was...
Neon Rainbow. I remember that MM. I have no clue why I made it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

peacock2121

#72 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:54 am

BackInTex wrote:Geez, I know I'm the answer to at least two questions, but would have to guess on at least one of them. :shock:

Who sponsored, for free, the shared lotto tickets to BBs for just providing your favorite numbers?

Who was the infamous RecFairy?

About how many recs did one of the final days posts from the old board (I don't remember which one) get?

or 20,000
It was ace

I don't remember

ging, I think

no idea

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#73 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:30 am

BackInTex wrote:Geez, I know I'm the answer to at least two questions, but would have to guess on at least one of them. :shock:

Ace created the LLLP back in August 2001, and ran it at least 3 times, I believe, but Eyegor also once ran an LLLP.

And I can't for the life of me remember what LLLP stood for....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#74 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:06 am

Another fresh batch of answers....

181. When Eyegor announced he was giving up posting the rankings, which BB volunteered first to take over the task?

A. wild_bill_76
B. earendel100
C. TheCalvinator24
D. ShamelessWeasel

And I had forgotten until ear mentioned it during my Rankings retrospective last year that ear actually did produce a rankings list or two before handing the task off to me. It is probably just as well that ear was not able to hold on to the job, because I can't imagine anyone else would have banged their head against the wall as much as I have over the last 6 years of rot and lost Boreds to keep track of this stuff for you guys! Who am I kidding? I love my job....

182. After the BB above gave up the task after a few weeks, I took over the job and have had it ever since. What Bored history event occured on the same day that I posted my first rankings edition?

A. The PRoG was axed
B. The Spring 2001 auditions were announced
C. The Morlock invasion began
D. The Great Purge wiped out 7 months worth of past posts

I can't remember if the infamous MissFirecracker post that launched the invasion was slightly before or after I posted that first rankings of mine, but they both occured early in the morning. I also think that first rankings is the only edition I ever did on a Monday, which was Eyegor's traditional posting day. Beginning with the second edition (which wasn't posted until 3 weeks later after the PRoG moderation had lifted) I moved the rankings to Wednesday nights to accomodate my schedule....

183. A post by which BB during the early morning hours of June 1, 2001 launched the infamous "Thread that would not die"?

A. BeetleManiac
B. otherindigo
C. okiepat2000
D. hbomb1947

184. The post above had several observations that BB had picked up from a conversation with the AP's at the audition he was at, which was part of the last pair of auditions from the legendary 2001 Spring run. Which city was it in? - Tulsa

This is one of those post that's priceless to look at nowadays due to the "interesting points" okiepat learned while chatting with the AP's. Those points were:

1) I asked about a half dozen BBs if Tracy looked like Joan
Cusack and no one could see it.

2) They have been threatened with bodily and legal harm by
auditioners who they could not allow into the audition
because of the auditioners error.

3) Neither Tracy nor Stephanie is Sonny's girlfriend.
Jennifer didn't comment, which makes one wonder, huh?

4) They have to read the board.

5) They have no problem with the board in general, just with
those posters who feel that because they have put forth X
amount of effort they are entitled to be on the show.

6) Sonny has the inside track for the host of the syndicated
version of WWTBAM.

7) They are getting enough good contestants from the
auditions to justify the time and expense they take.

8. The syndicated version will et contestants via the phone
game while the primetime version will be strictly audition
players.

9) When the auditions resume, the other Jennifer will probably
not be heading an AP crew.

It was #5 that really began the main gist of the firestorm that was the Thread That Would Not Die (Not to be confused with the Thread That REFUSED To Die that began 2 weeks earlier due to a spat between TR and robertl30)

185. What was the other city to hold one of these final old-style auditions? - Cincinnati

186. Which BB threw together the PIN generator, a device able to call on multiple lines at the same time, which for several weeks in the late stages of the Spring auditions helped many BB's easily get PINs?

A. robertl30
B. 1DrunkenIdiot
C. RevDodd
D. ScrabbleTed

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Nobody who has ever been on this Bored got involved so much in Bored history in such a short stay here than robertl30 did. The Weasel PAF, changing the course of the QoD, the PIN generator and its fallout.... rl30's entire run on the Bored lasted just 4 months from early February 2001 to early June 2001, which is hard to believe...

187. Which "cursed" RoF seat was populated by the likes of AlphaDummy, tubadave, and yours truly? - #9

Thanks AD for posting about this curse on January 9th, just 9 days before my tape date. I mentioned this in my postgame story, but the original lineup had me in Seat 10, but for whatever reason me and 2 of my fellow RoF'ers were switched around between Seats 5, 9, and 10. I thought of that post the instant I found out where I'd be sitting....

188. Which QoD Meister posted his QoD containing the answer to earendel's $125,000 question he missed on the show on the same day he taped that show?

A. ScrabbleTed
B. tubadave
C. Todd_Rundgren
D. TheCalvinator24

Abscission, and anniversary ear brings up regularly every December 4th...

189. Which BB brought the addictive internet game Marbles to the Bored's attention in May of 2001?

A. okiepat2000
B. ShamelessWeasel
C. hbomb1947
D. kidtejas

Others have brought other time-wasters to the Bored over the years, but none took off and became a Bored obsession anywhere near as much as the game Marbles did. People were cursing Weasel for weeks and months afterwards...

190. Which song's title would the above BB post in a reply each time a BB admitted they were getting addicted to the game? - Another One Bites the Dust

You can't play just one game!

191. The Bored for which defunct ABC show was "hijacked" as a place for posting Marbles scores?

A. The Hughleys
B. Madigan Men
C. You Don't Know Jack
D. Bob Patterson

I always thought this episode in Bored history was absolutely hilarious. Maybe it's because okiepat always had to brag he got a 766 on Marbles. Maybe it's because Madigan Men flopped as a series despite heavy promotion during WWTBAM in the Fall of 2000, and the last few "on-topic" posts on the Bored were pleas to "Bring Back Madigan Men!" (Some of us even jokingly signed their online petition!). Or maybe it's because I posted the link to the Bored that got the whole thing started. Damn, I miss the old days....

192. Which BB appeared in the intro to the short-lived game show You Don't Know Jack, as part of the background when Paul Reubens did a promo with Regis on WWTBAM?

A. John9826
B. AlphaDummy
C. ShamelessWeasel
D. vails11

It was during his show that Pee Wee.... er, Mr. Reubens recorded his promo with Regis that was played during the intro to YDKJ, and AD was in the background. The only thing Seat 9 was good for was extra camera time....

193. On which soap opera's Bored did I post the link to the go interface, teh results of which I cross-posted here and caused a mini invasion by some of us of their Bored?

A. One Life To Live
B. All My Children
C. General Hospital

They had to hate the fact that I unwittingly brought Harv and BDM into their lives. I did the entire thing under an MM though, one of my favorites I rarely used, Desgeega.

194. What did the jamesbriangriffin alter-ego ClaxtonTigers say his first name was? - Jimmmy

The conversation about this was very brief, yet you can still post the name "Jimmmy" today and pretty much everyone who was around back then will know exactly what you're talking about....

195. What was artinma's main job on the PRoG? - Transcriptionist

So I wound up including this same basic question twice in this game. That's OK, artinma deserves all the kudos he can get for the great job he did...

196. Which BB took over the Gusgerbils list during the last year of the Love Boat after I gave up keeping track due to the many repetetive winners and MM's trying to get milestones?

A. TheCalvinator24
B. RJS102254
C. BackInTex
D. pcmaxey

The Gusgerbils list from the last half of the Love Boat's run was a mess. RJS made a name for himself as an adept milestone grabber, and he even got a backwards clone that nabbed a whole string of them. The gusgerbils shenanigans back then made me tire of the list, so Cal took over posting the list after I let it go to preserve the tradition. I resumed tracking the milestones once we got to the TUB...

197. HoosierHoopster's Round 2 try in July of 2000 was a failure due to his lack of knowledge of which TV show?

A. Suddenly Susan
B. Airwolf
C. Moesha
D. Murphy Brown

This show became connected with HH due to this near-miss, though I always thought it was ironic that just a few days before this R2 disaster, HH had got into his first Bored skirmish... with a drive-by posters called clotisha...

198. robertl30 came to the Bored for his short, but memorable stint to prepare as a PaF for which BB contestant?

A. vails11
B. ShamelessWeasel
C. John9826
D. TheCalvinator24

See above. This was the most perfectly executed BB PAF of its time, and afterwards it was considered malpractice to go on the show and not have a prepared Google-PAF on your PAF list....

Hey, we're getting to the end....

fantine33

#75 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:45 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Time to knock off another section of answers....

169. GC - Gated Community

The most popular of the nicknames applied to the private Bored set up by MVLease over on eGroups (later Yahoo)
I know who coined the term! What do I get if I win Stump the Beast? A free trip into the regular rankings list? Probably nothing, since it's more of an egroups thang than a GO thang, so nobody would care. Ha!

I didn't see this quiz until you had already started posting the answers, a lot of the newer stuff I wouldn't have a clue, but might have done pretty good on the older ones.