Good stuff, not so good stuff

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
otherindigo

Good stuff, not so good stuff

#1 Post by otherindigo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:29 pm

Soooo...

The good stuff:
I didn't go shopping today. I did shop online though. My mom, sis, niece and I went shopping last night. I loved experiencing the Christmas section through the eyes of my 4-year old niece. I think I'll have to take her shopping with me more often.
My friend was able to snag 2nd row (possibly 1st row) Kelly Clarkson tix for tonight's show. I'm headed to big D soon.
My 'Boys won yet again yesterday.
Most of my family seems in good health.

The yucky stuff:
My cell phone battery went completely dead yesterday. Thankfully Wal-Mart was open. Unfortunately I'm not due for another upgrade until Feb. I had to settle for a Pay-as-you-go phone until then. I'm not happy. I cannot pretend to be happy about it. It's sooooo uhhh ugh. I'll be obsessing about it until I get a better, more fabulous phone.
My mom's taking it pretty hard that my brother was not here. However, on the positive side, she did (as we all did) got to chat with him online. He seems to be in good spirits and good health. He finally got over what I call the Iraq crud.

Fun times....

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm

Sometimes, especially if you have an older phone, you can find them really cheap on eBay. I had to get many copies of my old phone because I had a habit of washing it.

When it was time for an upgrade, I got a phone that didn't fit in my pocket.

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:41 pm

My wish is that your bad will never be worse than your bad is today.

What a life that will be!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: Good stuff, not so good stuff

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:44 pm

otherindigo wrote:My mom's taking it pretty hard that my brother was not here. However, on the positive side, she did (as we all did) got to chat with him online. He seems to be in good spirits and good health. He finally got over what I call the Iraq crud.
I am glad that your brother is safe. I hope that he is able to come home soon.

otherindigo

#5 Post by otherindigo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:54 pm

My wish is that your bad will never be worse than your bad is today.

What a life that will be!
You and me both. I wish that for everyone. As crappy as life can get sometimes (and it has had its moments), I have truly been blessed.

otherindigo

#6 Post by otherindigo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:56 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Sometimes, especially if you have an older phone, you can find them really cheap on eBay. I had to get many copies of my old phone because I had a habit of washing it.

When it was time for an upgrade, I got a phone that didn't fit in my pocket.
oooo that's an idea... My razr is completely, utterly worn out. I knew it was about to crap out. It was just kind of inconvenient. HA...

Snaxx

#7 Post by Snaxx » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:37 pm

When the display on my father's cell phone got smashed, I got an unlocked one online quite cheaply for him. Apparently he was carrying it in the wrong pocket and it gets knocked around, as the display is bleeding on the newer one. Depends on the service, his is T-Mobile and mine is Verizon and I'm not sure I could do the same if mine is damaged or lost.

So I get to see John Corbett with meet & greet and you get front row for Kelly Clarkson. Wanna trade?

Hope your brother gets home safely.

---

The other John Corbett