No Kid Nation thread?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

No Kid Nation thread?

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:01 pm

I take a week off and nobody else picks up the slack.

Tsk!

:wink:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:24 pm

You are the only person in the known universe watching the show.

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:52 am

Sadly, not true. OCD can be a pain sometimes when it comes to reality TV...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:27 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:Sadly, not true. OCD can be a pain sometimes when it comes to reality TV...
I am sorry for you as well then. :)

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:51 pm

I quit watching the minute I realized the extent to which it was scripted.

I had such high hopes based on the previews.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Before this week's show airs, I figure I might as well post a quick summary of last week, for continuity's sake. 8)

1. The town council was totally replaced, in a rushed election that skipped all the dragged out suspense of the first election. The most memorable speech was Guylan's impassioned, "Please--vote me off!" :wink:

2. In a weird response to my previous "Burn The Book" suggestion...they did not feature a reading from The Book last week! However, the stupid and pointless communications exercise the council came up with neatly meshed with the communications theme of the Pointless Challenge, so it may be that this Bolshevik Revolution that replaced the Menshevik Revolution is more of a Potemkin Village Revolution, after all. <sigh>

The rest was just a bunch of angry confrontations, featuring yet another attempt at Teaching Taylor A Lesson. Which apparently will continue this week. <sigh>

I predict that the season finale will consist of Taylor finally doing some work. And then the council will give her the $20K gold star, everyone will cheer wildly, and they'll all go home.

Woo. Hoo.