Help!!!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Help!!!!

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:11 am

I did the transcripts this morning. I do a new topic each time as I do them and wait until I have finished all contestants before I hit the submit button. Well I did that and for some reason after hitting the submit button it asked me to log back in--so there went the transcripts. Of course I deleted the show when I had finished the transcripts.

Sorry, but I need a fill in for Friday's show.

I would also like to ask for a permanent replacement for me on Fridays. I would certainly be able to be a back up for any day of the week.
Thanks

Kusch

earendel

Re: Help!!!!

#2 Post by earendel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:33 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:I did the transcripts this morning. I do a new topic each time as I do them and wait until I have finished all contestants before I hit the submit button. Well I did that and for some reason after hitting the submit button it asked me to log back in--so there went the transcripts. Of course I deleted the show when I had finished the transcripts.

Since I was home I watched it as it aired and afterward went back and deleted it from my DVR so I don't have it.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:I would also like to ask for a permanent replacement for me on Fridays. I would certainly be able to be a back up for any day of the week.
Thanks
I'd be happy to take that day and if someone would be willing to take my Wednesdays that would be even better, but I'll do both if no one wants the Wednesday duty.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:52 pm

all I can say is I was counting on youse guys! The show did not air here; football did! I dunno what aired at home in Boston where I'm taping, but I'd give an outside vote for football there, too. Usually they rerun displaced mid-day programs during the overnight, but last time, for the Red Sox victory parade, they didn't; they did air the View in the overnight, though. And this week I wasn't there to schedule in a whole taped overnight, anyway.

Snaxx

#4 Post by Snaxx » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:55 pm

Unfortunately this did not air in NY; the day-after-Thanksgiving show never airs here due to football. In the past they stuck one of the least attractive shows (llamas, early crashes) on this date and if that is the case this may be a lost episode since it would not reair during the summer. It would re-air in two-a-day cities as the 'second' show the day after next Thanksgiving.
Well I did that and for some reason after hitting the submit button it asked me to log back in--so there went the transcripts.
Perhaps this could be a sticky or part of the forthcoming FAQ: I don't know how long the timeout is but it is not long. If you do not post or browse for "X" minutes you will be logged out and have to log in again. If it is set by the Bored software and we could change it, I would suggest lengthening the allowable idle time.

Advice to other transcribers: I always transcribe onto a txt file (notepad) and save it occasionally. I copy and paste into the posting area. I used to do it on Word, but the GO Bored turned every punctuation mark on Word into a question mark making it hard to read.

Finally I could pitch in now and then for future Wednesday and/or Friday shows.

Snaxx

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#5 Post by cindy.wellman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:06 pm

jacorbett70 wrote:Unfortunately this did not air in NY; the day-after-Thanksgiving show never airs here due to football. In the past they stuck one of the least attractive shows (llamas, early crashes) on this date and if that is the case this may be a lost episode since it would not reair during the summer. It would re-air in two-a-day cities as the 'second' show the day after next Thanksgiving.
Well I did that and for some reason after hitting the submit button it asked me to log back in--so there went the transcripts.
Perhaps this could be a sticky or part of the forthcoming FAQ: I don't know how long the timeout is but it is not long. If you do not post or browse for "X" minutes you will be logged out and have to log in again. If it is set by the Bored software and we could change it, I would suggest lengthening the allowable idle time.

Advice to other transcribers: I always transcribe onto a txt file (notepad) and save it occasionally. I copy and paste into the posting area. I used to do it on Word, but the GO Bored turned every punctuation mark on Word into a question mark making it hard to read.

Finally I could pitch in now and then for future Wednesday and/or Friday shows.

Snaxx

If you hit the back button on your browser (or Alt Left Arrow), you can then go back to whatever you were typing before you timed out. This happened to me most recently on the QOD. I was almost very grumbly.

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:02 am

Kusch, I'm sorry you had a bad round of it.

I will suggest doing the transcript in a word processor. All of it.

Then bring up the web page, and copy and paste each segment into its own message. That way, if anything goes wrong, you still have the transcript in a file on your desktop or wherever.

I am checking to see if we have Friday's show.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:07 am

Don't have it, sorry.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Help!!!!

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:36 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:I did the transcripts this morning. I do a new topic each time as I do them and wait until I have finished all contestants before I hit the submit button. Well I did that and for some reason after hitting the submit button it asked me to log back in--so there went the transcripts. Of course I deleted the show when I had finished the transcripts.

I would also like to ask for a permanent replacement for me on Fridays. I would certainly be able to be a back up for any day of the week.
Thanks

Kusch
You're covered for Friday, the 23rd. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

kusch

#9 Post by kusch » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:28 am

Thanks everyone. Sorry I am having to bow out of doing the transcripts. As posted earlier, I will certainly be available to fill in when needed.

MarleysGh0st

Permanent replacement for Friday transcriptionist?

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:10 am

One of the things kusch mentioned in this thread was:
I would also like to ask for a permanent replacement for me on Fridays.
There are those of us who can substitute, on occasion, but I don't think anyone has volunteered to permanently take over this night. Any takers?

And permanent or substitute, we need someone to cover today's show (I can substitute, if nobody else can).

earendel

Re: Permanent replacement for Friday transcriptionist?

#11 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:One of the things kusch mentioned in this thread was:
I would also like to ask for a permanent replacement for me on Fridays.
There are those of us who can substitute, on occasion, but I don't think anyone has volunteered to permanently take over this night. Any takers?

And permanent or substitute, we need someone to cover today's show (I can substitute, if nobody else can).
I volunteered to take Fridays permanently (starting with today's show). I was hoping someone would take Wednesdays for me, but I can do both if need be.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: Permanent replacement for Friday transcriptionist?

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:24 am

earendel wrote: I volunteered to take Fridays permanently (starting with today's show). I was hoping someone would take Wednesdays for me, but I can do both if need be.
OK, thanks, ear. You've got Fridays.

So I'll change my question to asking if anyone wants to become the permanent transcriptionist on Wednesdays?

Shade, I think you mentioned a while back that you'd be willing to volunteer. We can send you the shared password, if you're interested.