Spammed by aol?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Spammed by aol?

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:48 pm

I keep my SportsFan68 address active at Go.com because it's the one I use for my ACBL membership (that's bridge, all y'all except Skoop, Kusch, Bob########s, Mac, and others), and today I got two messages from * * * * * a n d t i m at * * * * * * *

I'm pretty sure that's timsterino's address, so I assume somebody borrowed it to increase the chances of getting the E-mail opened -- one from XMU radio and one that says Join me! in the subject line.

I just want to know who it is I should be mad at -- aol or Go? I'm guessing Go because out of every 20 or so E-mails I get at that address, only one is legitimate. If anybody has any knowledge or experience with this, I'd appreciate knowing about it. For all I know, Go may be trying to chase me and others away so they can get their numbers low enough to eliminate Go.mail entirely.

I tried to send a help request to go.com and got this: The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:30 am

I don't know.

I am just sorry you are mad.

KillerTomato

Re: Spammed by aol?

#3 Post by KillerTomato » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:24 am

SportsFan68 wrote:I keep my SportsFan68 address active at Go.com because it's the one I use for my ACBL membership (that's bridge, all y'all except Skoop, Kusch, Bob########s, Mac, and others), and today I got two messages from * * * * * a n d t i m at * * * * * * *

I'm pretty sure that's timsterino's address, so I assume somebody borrowed it to increase the chances of getting the E-mail opened -- one from XMU radio and one that says Join me! in the subject line.

I just want to know who it is I should be mad at -- aol or Go? I'm guessing Go because out of every 20 or so E-mails I get at that address, only one is legitimate. If anybody has any knowledge or experience with this, I'd appreciate knowing about it. For all I know, Go may be trying to chase me and others away so they can get their numbers low enough to eliminate Go.mail entirely.

I tried to send a help request to go.com and got this: The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I don't think you should be mad at anyone. This is just a guess (judging by the fact that I got the same two messages), but this smells like a sweepstakes ploy by timsterino, not spam.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:10 am

I got the same email from Tim.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:20 am

OK, I'm not mad.

Thanks, y'all.