Transcript 11/23/2007 -- George Horn

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/23/2007 -- George Horn

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:26 am

<B><I>George Horn</B>
Brooklyn, NY</I>

$100 - By definition, the term "house of worship" refers to which of these places?

A - Restaurant
B - Post office
C - Church
D - The Shrine of DiCaprio

George doesn't go there as often as he should

$200 - Which of these natural occurrences is commonly referred to as a "bolt"?

A - Lightning
B - Rainbow
C - Fog
D - Dew

$300 - In a list of the names of the fifty U.S. states, which of these words appears twice?

A - Jersey
B - Dakota
C - Hampshire
D - Mexico

$500 - In professional boxing, athletes are categorized into fighting "classes" according to what attribute?

A - Age
B - Weight
C - Flexibility
D - Height

George's mother beat him up when he went into the Golden Gloves because she didn't want him boxing. Meredith observes that if his mother could beat him up, he probably shouldn't be boxing. George rejoins that his mother was a tough lady.

$1000 - In the 1400s, Tomás de Torquemada presided over a notorious religious inquisition that took place in what country?

A - Greece
B - Portugal
C - France
D - Spain

George is pretty sure that it's probably Spain, but he's not sure [<I>sic</I>] so he'll ask the audience.

A - 2%
B - 5%
C - 3%
D - 90%

George is very glad that he asked the audience.

<B><I>Commercial Break</I></B>

A Capital One check for $1000 is a nice way to start, but George would like a lot more.

$2000 - Before the 2007 Oscars, what two actresses were the subject of a British news article titled "Battle of the Dames"?

A - Meryl Streep & Cate Blanchett
B - Helen Mirren & Judi Dench
C - Jennifer Hudson & Abigail Breslin
D - Penélope Cruz & Kate Winslet

$4000 - What type of celestial body is the famous object officially designated as "1P/Halley"?

A - Star
B - Asteroid
C - Comet
D - Planetary moon

George has paid attention to his classes when he went to school and he's heard of Halley's Comet

$8000 - In August 2005, Crown Prince Abdullah officially succeeded King Fahd as the ruler of what Middle Eastern country?

A - Saudi Arabia
B - Kuwait
C - Syria
D - Egypt

George wants to do the 50-50, leaving A and C. He phlegmatically reacts, "Oh, well." He'd like to phone Richard, his brother-in-law, a very smart man. Richard thinks he's more nervous than George is because Richard's playing with George’s money. George remarks, "Not yet!" After hearing the question, Richard says, "George, maybe I'm not as smart as you think I am." Richard can't get an answer out in time. George decides to chance his final answer. It proves to be, in fact, his final answer, and he leaves with $1000.

<B><I>Commercial Break</I></B>

<B><I>ANSWERS:</B>
$100 - C. Church
$200 - A. Lightning
$300 - B. Dakota
$500 - B. Weight
$1000 - D. Spain
$2000 - B. Helen Mirren & Judi Dench
$4000 - C. Comet
$8000 - A. Saudi Arabia</I>

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/23/2007 -- George Horn

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:36 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:<B><I>George Horn</B>
Brooklyn, NY</I>
Where Else?

Was there any clue what George does, so we can decide on his What Else status? The show was pre-empted here by football.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1000 - In the 1400s, Tomás de Torquemada presided over a notorious religious inquisition that took place in what country?

A - Greece
B - Portugal
C - France
D - Spain

George is pretty sure that it's probably Spain, but he's not sure [<I>sic</I>] so he'll ask the audience.

A - 2%
B - 5%
C - 3%
D - 90%

He's very glad he just wasted the ATA?

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 am

Another sad waste of lifelines by what sounds like another "exciting" thousandaire contestant.

The 2K maybe was a little tricky if you don't know Oscar trivia but could be reasoned out. And he didn't even need the lifeline there, instead wasting them on what seemed like painfully simple questions.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Kazoo65

Re: transcript 11/23/07 George Horn

#4 Post by Kazoo65 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49 pm

I didn't see this show becaue of a football game. I'm glad I missed it.

I guess this guy didn't study ANYTHING that might come up on BAM, like movies (especially recent ones), celebrities, history, geography or current world leaders. I wonder how he passed the test.

Let's eee, so far we've had what, 2 big winners this season? Ugh.
I'm just a game show nerd.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:42 am

Things that make me go hmmmmmmm.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/23/2007 -- George Horn

#6 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:38 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:<B><I>George Horn</B>
Brooklyn, NY</I>
WE®
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1000 - In the 1400s, Tomás de Torquemada presided over a notorious religious inquisition that took place in what country?

A - Greece
B - Portugal
C - France
D - Spain

A - 2%
B - 5%
C - 3%
D - 90%

If he was pretty sure it was Spain, why did he waste his ATA?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000 - In August 2005, Crown Prince Abdullah officially succeeded King Fahd as the ruler of what Middle Eastern country?

A - Saudi Arabia
B - Kuwait
C - Syria
D - Egypt

George wants to do the 50-50, leaving A and C. He phlegmatically reacts, "Oh, well." He'd like to phone Richard, his brother-in-law, a very smart man. Richard thinks he's more nervous than George is because Richard's playing with George’s money. George remarks, "Not yet!" After hearing the question, Richard says, "George, maybe I'm not as smart as you think I am." Richard can't get an answer out in time. George decides to chance his final answer. It proves to be, in fact, his final answer, and he leaves with $1000.
The Assads are in charge in Syria, Mubarak in Egypt, and Kuwait is ruled by emirs, not kings/princes.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 am

NO ONE expects the Greek Inquisition!...

The Portugese Inquisition?

The French Inquisition?

Just doesn't scan for some reason.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:14 am

so far so good