Yesterday's College Football

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Buffacuse

Yesterday's College Football

#1 Post by Buffacuse » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:50 am

Two teams played like they really deserved it--WVU and Mizzou.

Two teams (this weekend) reminded us they should still be in it--Gators and USC.

One team has an offense no one can stop and deserves a chance to play for the title despite their schedule--undefeated Hawaii.

One team will probably get in w/o having to play for almost two months--Ohio State.

There are easy eight teams who deserve a shot--we need a playoff.

TheCalvinator24

#2 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:18 am

Oklahoma looked pretty darn good, too.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:46 am

No argument on that from me!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Appa23

Re: Yesterday's College Football

#4 Post by Appa23 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Buffacuse wrote:Two teams played like they really deserved it--WVU and Mizzou.
I am guessing that television gave a different perspective than watching the game in person.

KC paper today graded Misouri with all As for passing, rushing, rushing defense, pass defense, special teams, and coaching (WTF).

Kansas got Cs, except for speical teams, which got a deserved F.

This was essentially a 6 point game. If KU's kicker did not choke bigtime, this game was headed to overtime, with KU having all of the momentum.

Gary Pinkel is renowned for his inept coaching. The fake field goal was doomed to fail. There was another early 4th down pass that might have been one of the worst calls that I have seen in years (and I watched Bill Callhan try a fake punt in the Cotton Bowl when NU was dominating).

My initial thought is that OU likely will win by 2 touchdowns on Saturday.