Bush Welcomes Gore with Low-Carbon Ceremony

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:03 pm

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2793

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace · 16 Comments

(2007-11-26) — President George Bush today demonstrated that he can be gracious to his defeated opponents by welcoming former presidential rival Al Gore to the White House with a low-carbon ceremony to celebrate Mr. Gore’s Nobel Peace Prize for publicizing man-made global warming.

The day’s events began when the White House sent an ox cart to pick up Mr. Gore at his hotel, where he had arrived by S.U.V. motorcade last night following a charter jet flight to Washington D.C.

All lights had been extinguished at the White House, and the thermostats set to zero, in preparation for the former vice president’s arrival. The fireplaces were cool and devoid of logs. A Bush aide gave Mr. Gore a pair of official White House ear muffs, and guided him to the Oval Office, through the darkened hallways, with the help of a hand-cranked flashlight....
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Shade

#2 Post by Shade » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:11 pm

Horray for low carbon output! :D

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:24 pm

Yeah, but then they served chili for lunch and blew it!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

wbtravis007

#4 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:03 pm

Did they at least provide tweezers?

wbtravis007

#5 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Yeah, but then they served chili for lunch and blew it!
I heard it was tacos al carbon.

Al Gore
Merry Man

#6 Post by Al Gore » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Imagine the nerve of that bastard treating me in such a way! I figured if anyone knew I only meant for the little people to adopt the green lifestyle, it would be Dubya...