The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

#1 Post by fantine33 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:20 am

Is there a way to selectively turn off avatars? I don't see anything in the FAQ. I would assume you can choose not to view any avatars or signatures at all (at least there is on other boards like this of which I am a member), but I like to see the avatars people choose, so I don't want to turn them all off.

tlynn78

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:27 am

I think everyone should have shoe avatars.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

danielh41

#3 Post by danielh41 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:58 am

Avatars should at least say something about the person...

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:24 pm

You want to turn off signatures or you want to turn off some avatars and not others?

MarleysGh0st

Re: Avatars

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:00 pm

fantine33 wrote:Is there a way to selectively turn off avatars? I don't see anything in the FAQ. I would assume you can choose not to view any avatars or signatures at all (at least there is on other boards like this of which I am a member), but I like to see the avatars people choose, so I don't want to turn them all off.
We don't have the option to block the downloading of other people's avatars and signatures; if we did, that would show up as a check-box option in our profile section. If anyone was trying to read this Bored through dial-up or some other low bandwidth connection, I can see how all of that could bog things down, when you only want to read the text of the posts. I don't know if that's an option that this PHP software can allow.

fantine33

#6 Post by fantine33 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:31 pm

danielh41 wrote:Avatars should at least say something about the person...
So you're saying that you are underprivileged?
peacock2121 wrote:You want to turn off signatures or you want to turn off some avatars and not others?
I jumbled my separate thoughts (I tend to do that) and became unclear. Yes, I want to turn off some avatars and not others. I find it interesting in what people choose as their avatar (my not having one is not so much hypocritical as lazy), but I don't want to retch each time certain ones come up.
marleysgh0st wrote:We don't have the option to block the downloading of other people's avatars and signatures; if we did, that would show up as a check-box option in our profile section. If anyone was trying to read this Bored through dial-up or some other low bandwidth connection, I can see how all of that could bog things down, when you only want to read the text of the posts. I don't know if that's an option that this PHP software can allow.
Thanks, it must be this particular version. I know you can choose to turn off everything on other PHP boards. But the ones where I've actually searched out that option it seems everybody feels the need to have 18 different glitter pictures in their signature block. We get it, you're Jimmy's Mommy! And Crystal's Nanna! And you like God! Enough already!