WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WWTBAM statistics
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:49 pm
Posts: 3
Location: rural PA
Hello all - it's Anne whose 2nd appearance aired a week ago today. My PAF, otherwise known as my stepdaughter, asked me an interesting question: how many $100,000 winners have there been this season? Let's enlarge the question to !00,000 and above; I know Lyn looked at the $1mil question earlier this year, but I haven't kept track of anything else. I think my PAF wants to know if we have any bragging rights for this level. And I would be interested to know which of you has won the million - I think I saw that several Bored regulars were million dollar winners. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am
Posts: 757
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Jeff (15QuestionsAway) maintains lots of statistics at his website

http://www.wwtbam.biz/

I just checked and it says that stats have been updated through Nov-27


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WWTBAM statistics
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 pm 
Online
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18565
Location: By the phone
anne105 wrote:
Hello all - it's Anne whose 2nd appearance aired a week ago today. My PAF, otherwise known as my stepdaughter, asked me an interesting question: how many $100,000 winners have there been this season? Let's enlarge the question to !00,000 and above; I know Lyn looked at the $1mil question earlier this year, but I haven't kept track of anything else. I think my PAF wants to know if we have any bragging rights for this level. And I would be interested to know which of you has won the million - I think I saw that several Bored regulars were million dollar winners. Thanks!
Hermillion won with Meredith, and TheConfessor won $1,860,000 from Regis. I don't think we have any other million-dollar winners around. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WWTBAM statistics
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 6462
anne105 wrote:
Hello all - it's Anne whose 2nd appearance aired a week ago today. My PAF, otherwise known as my stepdaughter, asked me an interesting question: how many $100,000 winners have there been this season? Let's enlarge the question to !00,000 and above; I know Lyn looked at the $1mil question earlier this year, but I haven't kept track of anything else. I think my PAF wants to know if we have any bragging rights for this level. And I would be interested to know which of you has won the million - I think I saw that several Bored regulars were million dollar winners. Thanks!


Hi, Anne. It appears that you were the third $100K winner this season, and there have also been one winner each of $250K and $500K.

Can you give us some insight on the sequence of events that got you back into the hot seat? Was the discussion on our old board what prompted you to appeal, or was the process already underway before you discovered us? It seemed to me like a pretty obvious error.

Also, you were recently mentioned on Ken Jennings's message board. I read Brainiac a year ago, but I'd forgotten that you came close to playing against Ken. He says that you probably would have beat him and he'd be just another one of the thousands of Jeopardy losers that no one remembers.
http://www.ken-jennings.com/messageboar ... ght=#25019


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WWTBAM statistics
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:05 pm 
Online
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18565
Location: By the phone
TheConfessor wrote:
Also, you were recently mentioned on Ken Jennings's message board. I read Brainiac a year ago, but I'd forgotten that you came close to playing against Ken.
That was a different Anne Boyd. Same name, but a different person. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WWTBAM statistics
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 6462
Bob78164 wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:
Also, you were recently mentioned on Ken Jennings's message board. I read Brainiac a year ago, but I'd forgotten that you came close to playing against Ken.
That was a different Anne Boyd. Same name, but a different person. --Bob


My mistake. I initially read on the J! board that it was the same Anne Boyd. I hadn't seen where the other Anne Boyd dropped by and debunked that rumor.
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/s ... hp?t=34277


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27759
Location: Elsewhere
bazodee wrote:
Jeff (15QuestionsAway) maintains lots of statistics at his website


And you even rate a footnote on that site! :)

Quote:
Players that have been invited to appear again due to a question error only have their final hot seat performance included in the statistics.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob78164 and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.