WWTBAM statistics

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
anne105

WWTBAM statistics

#1 Post by anne105 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Hello all - it's Anne whose 2nd appearance aired a week ago today. My PAF, otherwise known as my stepdaughter, asked me an interesting question: how many $100,000 winners have there been this season? Let's enlarge the question to !00,000 and above; I know Lyn looked at the $1mil question earlier this year, but I haven't kept track of anything else. I think my PAF wants to know if we have any bragging rights for this level. And I would be interested to know which of you has won the million - I think I saw that several Bored regulars were million dollar winners. Thanks!

bazodee

#2 Post by bazodee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Jeff (15QuestionsAway) maintains lots of statistics at his website

http://www.wwtbam.biz/

I just checked and it says that stats have been updated through Nov-27

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: WWTBAM statistics

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 pm

anne105 wrote:Hello all - it's Anne whose 2nd appearance aired a week ago today. My PAF, otherwise known as my stepdaughter, asked me an interesting question: how many $100,000 winners have there been this season? Let's enlarge the question to !00,000 and above; I know Lyn looked at the $1mil question earlier this year, but I haven't kept track of anything else. I think my PAF wants to know if we have any bragging rights for this level. And I would be interested to know which of you has won the million - I think I saw that several Bored regulars were million dollar winners. Thanks!
Hermillion won with Meredith, and TheConfessor won $1,860,000 from Regis. I don't think we have any other million-dollar winners around. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

TheConfessor

#4 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:07 pm

anne105 wrote:Hello all - it's Anne whose 2nd appearance aired a week ago today. My PAF, otherwise known as my stepdaughter, asked me an interesting question: how many $100,000 winners have there been this season? Let's enlarge the question to !00,000 and above; I know Lyn looked at the $1mil question earlier this year, but I haven't kept track of anything else. I think my PAF wants to know if we have any bragging rights for this level. And I would be interested to know which of you has won the million - I think I saw that several Bored regulars were million dollar winners. Thanks!
Hi, Anne. It appears that you were the third $100K winner this season, and there have also been one winner each of $250K and $500K.

Can you give us some insight on the sequence of events that got you back into the hot seat? Was the discussion on our old board what prompted you to appeal, or was the process already underway before you discovered us? It seemed to me like a pretty obvious error.

Also, you were recently mentioned on Ken Jennings's message board. I read Brainiac a year ago, but I'd forgotten that you came close to playing against Ken. He says that you probably would have beat him and he'd be just another one of the thousands of Jeopardy losers that no one remembers.
http://www.ken-jennings.com/messageboar ... ght=#25019

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:05 pm

TheConfessor wrote:Also, you were recently mentioned on Ken Jennings's message board. I read Brainiac a year ago, but I'd forgotten that you came close to playing against Ken.
That was a different Anne Boyd. Same name, but a different person. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

TheConfessor

#6 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:Also, you were recently mentioned on Ken Jennings's message board. I read Brainiac a year ago, but I'd forgotten that you came close to playing against Ken.
That was a different Anne Boyd. Same name, but a different person. --Bob
My mistake. I initially read on the J! board that it was the same Anne Boyd. I hadn't seen where the other Anne Boyd dropped by and debunked that rumor.
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/s ... hp?t=34277

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm

bazodee wrote:Jeff (15QuestionsAway) maintains lots of statistics at his website
And you even rate a footnote on that site! :)
Players that have been invited to appear again due to a question error only have their final hot seat performance included in the statistics.