Last of my WWTBAM winnings

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Catfish

#26 Post by Catfish » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:00 pm

Timsterino wrote:Well the net of the $16,000 I had won went towards my college education.

I finally graduate with my BA in History from FIU on December 18th! :)

Thanks WWTBAM!
Congratulations! Quite the accomplishment. Do I remember correctly that you want to be a teacher? If so, kudos to you. My son is heavily inlfuenced by his teachers. His middle school social studies teachers have had such an influence on him that he is reconsidering his goal of becoming a chef to become a history teacher instead. My husband and I told him the goals are not mutually exclusive.
Catfish

thguy65

#27 Post by thguy65 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Timsterino wrote:Well the net of the $16,000 I had won went towards my college education.

Thanks WWTBAM!
Congratulations on the accomplishment!

At the risk of having things thrown at me, I guess I could say that the after-tax winnings I had on WWTBAM went to pay the taxes on my other game show winnings. :lol:
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#28 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:27 pm

thguy65 wrote:
At the risk of having things thrown at me, I guess I could say that the after-tax winnings I had on WWTBAM went to pay the taxes on my other game show winnings. :lol:
S'all right. We already can tell that your beautiful little girl is going to need stuff in coming years -- very expensive things, and lots of them. Furthermore, by the time she gets to college, the tuition will be about $150,000 a year. Has she mentioned grad school yet?

:)

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#29 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Thanks WWTBAM!
Congratualations!

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#30 Post by cindy.wellman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:19 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:

Thanks WWTBAM!
Congratualations!
Happy belated birthday, and congratulations on your BA! I saw your new (to me) picture over on mySpace, (err.. yourSpace on mySpace) in the cap and gown and wondered if the big event had happened. I'm very happy for you!

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#31 Post by hermillion » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:39 am

Congratulations, Tim! You've worked hard, and deserve to be proud.

N
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

Timsterino

#32 Post by Timsterino » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:01 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:

Thanks WWTBAM!
Congratualations!
Happy belated birthday, and congratulations on your BA! I saw your new (to me) picture over on mySpace, (err.. yourSpace on mySpace) in the cap and gown and wondered if the big event had happened. I'm very happy for you!
Thanks, Cindy. :) That picture was actually from my AA graduation a couple of years ago, but I thought it fit my mood. :)

Thanks again everyone! This really is a great, supportive group of people. :)
Tim S.
Twitter: @BrowardAdvocate
Instagram: @TimWSternberg
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sternberg