Transcript 03/03/2009 Sharon Callahan

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 03/03/2009 Sharon Callahan

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Sharon Callahan
Brunswick, ME
Language arts teacher
Turned 60 and is celebrating her 40th wedding anniversary

Topic Tree
A Different Breed
Famous Firsts
Holla!
Leader of the Pack
Mustaches
Hip-Pop
Mixing Bowl
Just Say Nobel
Not What You Think
A Day at the Races
Scolded
The Body Human
Making Babies
Carpool Lane
God Bless America

$100 (God Bless America):
Because he's a symbol of patriotism, which of these iconic figures has the same insults as the country in which we live?
A. Jack Frost B. Uncle Sam
C. Santa Claus D. Jared from Subway
Spoiler
B. Uncle Sam (:07)

$200 (Carpool Lane):
The Carrie Underwood hit "Jesus, Take the Wheel" tells the story of a woman whose faith is tested while she is doing what?
A. Cleaning a house B. Driving a car
C. Eating a meal D. Walking a dog
Spoiler
B. Driving a car [:08]

$300 (Making Babies):
An article on Slate.com jokingly estimated that one in ten Europeans is conceived in a bed sold by what company?
A. IKEA B. Sony
C. Hyundai D. Keebler
Spoiler
A. IKEA [:08]

$500 (The Body Human):
What part of the human body gets its name from an Italian word meaning "trunk of a statue"?
A. Heel B. Shin
C. Brow D. Torso
Spoiler
D. Torso (:09)

$1000 (Scolded):
Which of these snippy orders would most likely be directed at a "buttinsky"?
A. Stop your whining! B. Dont patronize me!
C. Mind your own business! D. Clean up this mess!
Spoiler
C. Mind your own business! (:05)

$2000 (A Day at the Races):
What classic movie features a famous chariot race that was recently reenacted in Paris's Stade de France?
A. Ben-Hur B. The Ten Commandments
C. Cleopatra D. Lawrence of Arabia

ATA (:21)
Spoiler
A-91% B-3% C-3% D-3%
Spoiler
A. Ben-Hur (:20)

$4000 (Not What You Think):
Though it sounds provocative, the medical term "T&A" actually just stands for "tonsillectomy and" what?
A. Appendectomy B. Angioplasty
C. Adenoidectomy D. Arthoplasty
Spoiler
C. Adenoidectomy (:21)

$8000 (Just Say Nobel):
In 2007, Doris Lessing reportedly snipped, "I couldn't care less! after winning the Nobel Prize for what?
A. Peace B. Literature
C. Economics D. Physics

PAF (:19)
She immediately said she would call her daughter Tara
(Screen shows Rob-Brunswick ME, Sean-Winthrop ME, Tara-St. Louis MO)
PAF
Sharon skips the quote and just asks what category Doris Lessing won a Nobel in 2007
Tara thinks Literature, Sharon says there is 11 seconds left how sure, Tara says pretty sure then says definitely as time runs out
Spoiler
B. Literature (:16)
Commercial break

$16K (Mixing Bowl):
Bi bim bop, whose name means "mixed rice," is a popular dish in the cuisine of what country?
A. Brazil B. India
C. Morocco D. South Korea

Double-Dip (:22)
Spoiler
Sharon's first answer was C, India, incorrect

Sharon then answers correctly.

D. South Korea (:18)

$25K (Hip-Pop):
Hip-hop impresario Sean "Diddy" Combs is the father of twin girls named D'Lila Star and what?
A. Jessie James B. Dannie Oakley
C. Sanity Jayne D. Dot Holliday

Expert (:23)
ATE
Dr. Neil admits this is not his category, does not know, and said if he had to guess, Dannie Oakley sounded best
Spoiler
Sharon asks herself out loud if she is going to guess or take $16K. She then said she would guess and it would be C.
Spoiler
Correct answer was A. Jessie James (:05)

Sharon left with $1000.

Thousandaire

No carryover

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 03/03/2009 Sharon Callahan

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:58 am

$16K: Never heard of this rice dish. Pretty sure it's not Brazilian. Those words don't sound Portuguese. Let's try the audience first. If nothing is definitive, then Double Dip on the top two answers.

$25K: You'd think that this question would be in my wheelhouse... but I never had an opportunity to read the names of Diddy's twins. I knew he had them. I just didn't know their names. I may have to go to the Googling PAF for this one cuz I know for damn sure that Dr. Tyson wouldn't know this one.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:14 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Sharon Callahan
Brunswick, ME
Language arts teacher
Turned 60 and is celebrating her 40th wedding anniversary
Our local station did its monthly test of the Emergency Broadcast System, so I missed her intro and the first question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 (God Bless America):
Because he's a symbol of patriotism, which of these iconic figures has the same insults as the country in which we live?
A. Jack Frost B. Uncle Sam
C. Santa Claus D. Jared from Subway
Spoiler
B. Uncle Sam (:07)
Same insults?? Methinks that should be "initials".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000 (A Day at the Races):
What classic movie features a famous chariot race that was recently reenacted in Paris's Stade de France?
A. Ben-Hur B. The Ten Commandments
C. Cleopatra D. Lawrence of Arabia

ATA (:21)
Spoiler
A-91% B-3% C-3% D-3%
Spoiler
A. Ben-Hur (:20)
I'm not sure why Sharon needed a lifeline for this question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000 (Just Say Nobel):
In 2007, Doris Lessing reportedly snipped, "I couldn't care less! after winning the Nobel Prize for what?
A. Peace B. Literature
C. Economics D. Physics

PAF (:19)
She immediately said she would call her daughter Tara
(Screen shows Rob-Brunswick ME, Sean-Winthrop ME, Tara-St. Louis MO)
PAF
Sharon skips the quote and just asks what category Doris Lessing won a Nobel in 2007
Tara thinks Literature, Sharon says there is 11 seconds left how sure, Tara says pretty sure then says definitely as time runs out
Spoiler
B. Literature (:16)
At about 5 seconds left and Tara having given her answer Sharon says, "Are you finished thinking about it?" elwing and I both commented that from the way Sharon phrased the question and the comment and look she gave, it was pretty clear that Tara was looking it up online.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K (Mixing Bowl):
Bi bim bop, whose name means "mixed rice," is a popular dish in the cuisine of what country?
A. Brazil B. India

Spoiler

The name sounds more East Asian than South Asian.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K (Hip-Pop):
Hip-hop impresario Sean "Diddy" Combs is the father of twin girls named D'Lila Star and what?
A. Jessie James B. Dannie Oakley
C. Sanity Jayne D. Dot Holliday

Expert (:23)
ATE
Dr. Neil admits this is not his category, does not know, and said if he had to guess, Dannie Oakley sounded best
Spoiler
Sharon asks herself out loud if she is going to guess or take $16K. She then said she would guess and it would be C.
Spoiler
Correct answer was A. Jessie James (:05)

Sharon left with $1000.
I couldn't help but laugh when Sharon chose to use the Ask the Expert lifeline; I can't see an astrophysicist being au courant with the rap scene. As for me, I would have had no idea but since I have my ATA, I'll start with that and see what I get.

Overall a pretty brutal day - two one-and-dones (including a llama) and two moving up the stack only to fall back to $1K.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#4 Post by frogman042 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 am

earendel wrote: .... SNIP ....
Overall a pretty brutal day - two one-and-dones (including a llama) and two moving up the stack only to fall back to $1K.
Is that a record for the 1/2 hour version, 4 contestants with no one carrying over to the next day (I know there was a carry-over into this day)? Have 4 people ended their games in a single show before?

Also, I'm assuming there is a typo (or freudian slip) in the transcription and this was not exactly how the $100 question was phrased:
---Jay

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:29 am

frogman042 wrote:Also, I'm assuming there is a typo (or freudian slip) in the transcription and this was not exactly how the $100 question was phrased:
Yes, that's a typo.

If not for TDC, a contestant might have been able to remark about how Uncle Sam was the subject of Kevin Smith's $1 million question, way back in Meredith's first season.

owenziligation

#6 Post by owenziligation » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:15 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
frogman042 wrote:Also, I'm assuming there is a typo (or freudian slip) in the transcription and this was not exactly how the $100 question was phrased:
Yes, that's a typo.

If not for TDC, a contestant might have been able to remark about how Uncle Sam was the subject of Kevin Smith's $1 million question, way back in Meredith's first season.
They could've now depending on how they're willing to say it. :wink:

Appa23

#7 Post by Appa23 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:37 pm

They couldn't have given me that Bim Bop question? :)

Bi Bim Bop is Mixed Vegetables with Rice

Great, now I am hungry.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Commercial break

$16K (Mixing Bowl):
A. Brazil B. India

Spoiler
[Reveal] Spoiler:

I would have done the exact same thing.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Thousandaire

#9 Post by Thousandaire » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:21 pm

earendel wrote: I couldn't help but laugh when Sharon chose to use the Ask the Expert lifeline; I can't see an astrophysicist being au courant with the rap scene. As for me, I would have had no idea but since I have my ATA, I'll start with that and see what I get.
He's black. He should know it.

Millionaire Fan

#10 Post by Millionaire Fan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Is that a record for the 1/2 hour version, 4 contestants with no one carrying over to the next day (I know there was a carry-over into this day)? Have 4 people ended their games in a single show before?
I remember watching syndicated Millionaire when it premiered on GSN and I think in a few episodes they got through either 5 or 6 contestants. Also I found this website that has some clips from syndicated Millionaire. That had two contestants winning Zero and one winning a thousand. You can find that clip on the website http://www.gameshowvideos.com/. Scroll down until you see the Millionaire logo and it will say next to it "Two goose eggs and a loser."

owenziligation

#11 Post by owenziligation » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:51 am

frogman042 wrote:Is that a record for the 1/2 hour version, 4 contestants with no one carrying over to the next day (I know there was a carry-over into this day)? Have 4 people ended their games in a single show before?
Well, not in this season but in previous seasons, they have. Heck, in one episode last season, they had 5 contestants sitting in the chair.

But it's more surprising for this season because the pace was supposed to be slower here.