James, you Fool! (Survivor Semi-Spoiler)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Sir_Galahad

James, you Fool! (Survivor Semi-Spoiler)

#1 Post by Sir_Galahad » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:05 am

How could you NOT play one of your Immunity Idols last night? IMO, that was one of the stupidest non-plays in the history of Survivor. At this point in the game, you cannot feel THAT secure. And, you have TWO of them! You can only use them up until the final four anyway. Why not give yourself a little insurance so that you get to the next round and give yourself a chance to win the next immunity??!!

On the flip side, that was a good play by the others. And, I did like James' attitude afterwards. But, it was still a totally stupid move, IMO.
Last edited by Sir_Galahad on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:08 am

I thought you were talking to saucy's son.

Some may be annoyed at the lack of spoiler warning - although you did not say that James got voted out. I have not seen the show yet, so I do not really know what happened.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 am

peacock2121 wrote:I thought you were talking to saucy's son.
I did too.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:13 am

That's better.

tanstaafl2

Re: James, you Fool! (Survivor Semi-Spoiler)

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:How could you NOT play one of your Immunity Idols last night? IMO, that was one of the stupidest non-plays in the history of Survivor. At this point in the game, you cannot feel THAT secure. And, you have TWO of them! You can only use them up until the final four anyway. Why not give yourself a little insurance so that you get to the next round and give yourself a chance to win the next immunity??!!

On the flip side, that was a good play by the others. And, I did like James' attitude afterwards. But, it was still a totally stupid move, IMO.
I agree, his attitude was good but his strategy was poor. Given the threat he HAD to know he posed he was lucky to get through last week. Trying again was foolish and cost him. Should have been planning all along to play the idol even if he did not have any sense that mischief was afoot in hopes that he would win immunity at least once in the next three challenges. Presumably once they reached four the idol was not able to be used. At least I think that was how it was in the past.

With both idols gone it is now wide open to the finish and the 2 outsiders chances have improved a bit, especially if the teaser is accurate and the group of four fragment further.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh