Transcript 03/06/2009 - John Heacock (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 03/06/2009 - John Heacock (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:07 am

John Heacock
Nashville, TN
Occupation

Meredith begins by asking John about the tattoo that he promised he'd get. She wants to know where he'd put it if he gets $25K. John says he wants to leave room for movement, so he says he'd put her name on his bicep. Yesterday he said something about a "Mt. Rushmore" on his chest with Meredith's face if he wins the $1M. Maybe even a front and back view - a million dollars can make you crazy.

John will be going back to Iraq shortly as part of a military police unit.

John has his PAF, ATE and DD lifelines remaining - today's expert is $500K winner Jeff Gross.

Topic tree:
- Paperwork
- The Oval Office
- Burn After Reading
- Richard Belzer
- Whodonits
- A Beautiful Mind
- Ohio
- The Liquor Cabinet
- Bail Money
- Quotables
- Kid Lit
- Route 66
- Show Me the Money!
- Dick Clark
- Hail Storm

$25K - The 1988 movie "Rain Man" features a memorable scene in which the gifted title character instantly counts a pile of spilled what?
A - BB pellets
B - aspirin
C - toothpicks
D - thumbtacks

John says he saw the movie and since it's one of the choices he goes with
Spoiler
C
as his final answer.
Spoiler
toothpicks - (17)
"I'm on your bicep!" Meredith exclaims. Jeff flexes his arms and says that the next location is his thigh because larger and there's more room there. Meredith blushes and says, "Let's stop there."

$50K - In the Sherlock Holmes tale "The Adventure of the Lion's Mane," the murderer is revealed to be a lion's mane, which is what type of animal?
A - scorpion
B - bee
C - jellyfish
D - shark

John immediately calls for his ATE lifeline because he's sure he doesn't know this. The clock stops with 37 seconds remaining. Meredith feeds Jeff the question. He says that a "lion's mane" sounds like some sort of fish, but he isn't sure because he hasn't read the story. Jeff says that he might go with the Double Dip and say either jellyfish or shark. He asks John what he's thinking. John says that if someone died in the water you should be able to tell if it were a jellyfish or shark, which is why he is leaning toward scorpion or bee. Jeff says that's plausible; he can't rule anything out.

John next decides to use his PAF, stopping the clock with 35 seconds. On his PAF list are his friend Rick from Brentwood, TN; his brother Joe from Monkton, MD; and his friend Jay from Nashville, TN. John opts to call Jay. John just asks "What is a lion's mane?", then adds that it's an animal in a Sherlock Holmes story. Meredith softly reminds John to read the choices, which he finally does. Jay says, "I'm thinking...uh..." and the timer runs out. Someone in the audience says, "Oh, no" and Meredith looks offscreen right and says, "Oh, no, I know."

John decides to use his last lifeline, the DD. The clock stops with 33 seconds remaining. He makes
Spoiler
B his first final answer, reasoning that the color of a bee might be the source of the name.
That answer is incorrect so he goes with
Spoiler
C as his second final answer, based on its shape.
Spoiler
C - jellyfish (28)
commercial break

Meredith asks where the tattoo will go if John wins $100K. He replies that he's running out of space, so maybe he could use both arms. Meredith is OK with that. Meredith says that this money will provide peace of mind for him and his family.

The category for the next question is "Richard Belzer" - during the break John told Meredith that he watches a lot of TV and feels pretty good about this subject.

$100K - TV actor Richard Belzer has played Detective John Munch on all but which of these shows?
A - Scrubs
B - Law & Order: Trial by Jury
C - Arrested Development
D - The X-Files

John says he doesn't know. He notes that two of the shows are on FOX and that "Scrubs" does a lot of weird stuff. John wishes he had a lifeline. But it's found money, so he charges ahead and makes
Spoiler
B
his final answer. Regrettably, that's not the right answer. John leaves with $25K.
Spoiler
A - Scrubs (10)

earendel

Re: Transcript 03/06/2009 - John Heacock (carryover contestant)

#2 Post by earendel » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:44 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: John Heacock
Nashville, TN
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - The 1988 movie "Rain Man" features a memorable scene in which the gifted title character instantly counts a pile of spilled what?
A - BB pellets
B - aspirin
C - toothpicks
D - thumbtacks

John says he saw the movie and since it's one of the choices he goes with
Spoiler
C
as his final answer.
Spoiler
toothpicks - (17)
I remember this from the movie also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K - In the Sherlock Holmes tale "The Adventure of the Lion's Mane," the murderer is revealed to be a lion's mane, which is what type of animal?
A - scorpion
B - bee
C - jellyfish
D - shark

John immediately calls for his ATE lifeline because he's sure he doesn't know this. The clock stops with 37 seconds remaining. Meredith feeds Jeff the question. He says that a "lion's mane" sounds like some sort of fish, but he isn't sure because he hasn't read the story. Jeff says that he might go with the Double Dip and say either jellyfish or shark. He asks John what he's thinking. John says that if someone died in the water you should be able to tell if it were a jellyfish or shark, which is why he is leaning toward scorpion or bee. Jeff says that's plausible; he can't rule anything out.

John next decides to use his PAF, stopping the clock with 35 seconds. On his PAF list are his friend Rick from Brentwood, TN; his brother Joe from Monkton, MD; and his friend Jay from Nashville, TN. John opts to call Jay. John just asks "What is a lion's mane?", then adds that it's an animal in a Sherlock Holmes story. Meredith softly reminds John to read the choices, which he finally does. Jay says, "I'm thinking...uh..." and the timer runs out. Someone in the audience says, "Oh, no" and Meredith looks offscreen right and says, "Oh, no, I know."

John decides to use his last lifeline, the DD. The clock stops with 33 seconds remaining. He makes
Spoiler
B his first final answer, reasoning that the color of a bee might be the source of the name.
That answer is incorrect so he goes with
Spoiler
C as his second final answer, based on its shape.
Spoiler
C - jellyfish (28)
Elementary, my dear Watson. :mrgreen:
No idea whatsoever. I still have all my lifelines, so which one to use...Might as well ATA first because they actually might know this, then follow up with PAF.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:"I'm on your bicep!" Meredith exclaims. Jeff flexes his arms and says that the next location is his thigh because larger and there's more room there. Meredith blushes and says, "Let's stop there."
But, of course, she doesn't stop there. :roll:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K - In the Sherlock Holmes tale "The Adventure of the Lion's Mane," the murderer is revealed to be a lion's mane, which is what type of animal?
A - scorpion
B - bee
C - jellyfish
D - shark

My immediate hunch was a jellyfish with long mane-like tentacles, like a Portuguese Man-O-War. John's objection to the idea was fair, but the victims weren't found in the water in the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Advent ... n%27s_Mane
Spoiler
This looks like an interesting murder mystery, since there's not actually a murder, per se.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100K - TV actor Richard Belzer has played Detective John Munch on all but which of these shows?
A - Scrubs
B - Law & Order: Trial by Jury
C - Arrested Development
D - The X-Files

John says he doesn't know. He notes that two of the shows are on FOX and that "Scrubs" does a lot of weird stuff. John wishes he had a lifeline. But it's found money, so he charges ahead and makes
Spoiler
B
his final answer. Regrettably, that's not the right answer. John leaves with $25K.
Spoiler
A - Scrubs (10)
Ack! One of those trivia questions that I really don't care about in the least. And it might be difficult to Google in the time limit--maybe checking Belzer's IMDB page might do it.

Appa23

#4 Post by Appa23 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:46 am

No LLs until the last question.

The Henry Doorly Zoo has a Lion's mane, IIRC. Certainly, that is why I immediately "knew" the answer.

I would have DD the Belzer question, since the L & O (any series) was a gimme, and I remember the X Files episode.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Appa23 wrote:No LLs until the last question.

The Henry Doorly Zoo has a Lion's mane, IIRC. Certainly, that is why I immediately "knew" the answer.

I would have DD the Belzer question, since the L & O (any series) was a gimme, and I remember the X Files episode.
I had a sneaking suspicion that the L&O answer might be the correct one - at this dollar level the writers could be trying to trick the contestant.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

NellyLunatic1980

#6 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:38 pm

When the Richard Belzer category first popped up a couple of months ago, I had hoped that it would be about all of the series on which he has played Det. Munch. I remember about 10 years ago watching Belzer on a talk show, mentioning all of the TV shows on which he had played Munch by that time. I remembered "The X-Files" on that list. Plus, I've watched every episode of "L&O:TBJ" and "Arrested Development" and remembered him from both shows.

Nihil obstat®. I'd be playing for $250,000 with all of my lifelines available.

clem21
Nose Exploder

#7 Post by clem21 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:40 pm

See! I tell you and I tell you to watch Scrubs and since I've seen every episode I'm pretty confident that I would've gone for it and gotten it here b/c the name wasn't even remotely familiar...
"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live..."
-Charles Bukowski

2011 [Bleep]house Rats Award Winner
2011 I've Been Everywhere New England Region Co-Champion

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 pm

I love Belzer as Munch. I was trying to think of one of his lines a couple weeks ago and couldn't do it. Maybe they'll update the "memorable quotes" site one of these years.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller