I'm semi-mobile

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

I'm semi-mobile

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:24 pm

I got Mrs. Cal a MacBook for Christmas. Since she's out of town, I can sit with it on the couch and be on the internet while watching The Aviator on DVD.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Bob Juch

Re: I'm semi-mobile

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:45 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:I got Mrs. Cal a MacBook for Christmas. Since she's out of town, I can sit with it on the couch and be on the internet while watching The Aviator on DVD.
Wasn't the idea of a notebook so that she could take it with her?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:09 am

Whew!

From that subject line, I thought you had another accident to report.

TheCalvinator24

Re: I'm semi-mobile

#4 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:45 am

Bob Juch wrote:
TheCalvinator24 wrote:I got Mrs. Cal a MacBook for Christmas. Since she's out of town, I can sit with it on the couch and be on the internet while watching The Aviator on DVD.
Wasn't the idea of a notebook so that she could take it with her?
She didn't want to take it with her. The friend she's staying with doesn't have an internet connection, and there's nothing else she would need to be working on.

And, actually, it's not really for her to take places (although she certainly can if she wants). It's for her to have in the kitchen so she can access e-mail and the web without having to come to the Study.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore