top o' the mornin'® - Saturday night edition

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'® - Saturday night edition

#1 Post by earendel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:24 pm

It's been a long day - spent five hours "decking the halls" at our sanctuary and hallways at church. The biggest chore was setting up our tree - last year some overzealous young people managed to bend the metal trunk in the process of taking it down, so one of our members, who is a contractor, cut off the bent portion and added a smaller pole within the trunk to make it the same height, then we had to straighten some of the limbs that got bent when the tree did. We also have gorgeous banners that we hang on the sides of the sanctuary and a central banner for the chancel.

While I was doing this elwing was at a craft show - one of the pre-eminent shows of the year and just in time for the Christmas season. There were 75 exhibitors in all, with a wide range of different crafts, most of which were fairly pricey. elwing did quite well.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#2 Post by cindy.wellman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Are you feeling any better, health-wise?

Because of all the talk of various illnesses here, both dh and I got our flu shots yesterday. :D

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:52 pm

cindy.wellman wrote:Are you feeling any better, health-wise?

Because of all the talk of various illnesses here, both dh and I got our flu shots yesterday. :D
Indeed I am feeling much better. The congestion in my lungs is almost gone and my voice is back (which will be a relief to the people who sit to either side of me in the church choir).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:09 am

earendel wrote:

Indeed I am feeling much better. The congestion in my lungs is almost gone and my voice is back (which will be a relief to the people who sit to either side of me in the church choir).
I am glad that you are feeling better.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#5 Post by cindy.wellman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:10 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
earendel wrote:

I am glad that you are feeling better.
Me too!