Transcript 03/23/09 Eddie Kraus & Jen Sharkey

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 03/23/09 Eddie Kraus & Jen Sharkey

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Eddie Kraus & Jen Sharkey
North Bellmore, NY

Eddie is a firefighter and Jen is an elementary school teacher

Wedding Week

Topic Tree:

Cold Hard Cash
On the Road
Burn After Reading
Doing Time
Parrots of the World
Here Comes the Bride
Soundtracks
Confectionery
Hold the Line
Children’s Ditties
Attention, Shoppers
Fun with Homonyms
Urban Myths
Backbone
Weightlifting

Both of the contestants have to say final answer before the clock stops.

$100 After the wedding, a groom traditionally carries what person over the threshold of their house?
A. The bride
B. The best man
C. The ring bearer
D. The mortgage broker
Spoiler
A. The bride ( 8 )
$200 “Backbone” is a slangy term for what part of the body?
A. Skull
B. Spine
C. Stomach
D. Shin
Spoiler
B. Spine (9)
$300 According to an urban myth, what wedding tradition is unhealthy for birds, and can even cause them to explode?
A. Father-daughter dance
B. First kiss
C. Cutting the cake
D. Throwing rice
Spoiler
D. Throwing rice (7)
$500 Which of these automobile brand names is a homonym of a verb meaning “to cry”?
A. Audi
B. Mazda
C. Saab
D. Kia
Spoiler
C. Saab (7)
$1K Purely Australian Clothing Co. is a store located within walking distance of what world-famous landmark?
A. Sydney Opera House
B. Tower of London
C. Roman Colosseum
D. Tiananmen Square
Spoiler
A. Sydney Opera House (6)
Today’s ATEs are Ryan and Trista Sutter from the first season of “The Bachelorette.”

$2K “The Bear Went Over the Mountain” is a children’s ditty traditionally sung to the tune of what well-known song?
A. Oh, Susanna
B. Home on the Range
C. For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow
D. Yankee Doodle

With nineteen seconds remaining on the clock, Jen makes her final answer. Meredith, instead of asking Eddie for his final answer, asks them if they know how the song goes.
They laugh. Jen starts singing the first few words. Eddies says that Meredith wouldn’t want him to sing and then he gives his final answer.

Spoiler
C. For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow (9)
$4K What faith’s wedding ceremonies typically feature assistants known as “chuppah holders”?
A. Jewish
B. Greek Orthodox
C. Mormon
D. Islam
Spoiler
A. Jewish ( 18 )
commercial break

Meredith tells Eddie and Jen that Brides.com and All About Hawaii are giving them a trip to Hawaii for their honeymoon. A 6-day, 5-night stay, round-trip airfare and a rental car.

$8K A paste commonly used to make edible decorations, marzipan traditionally has what flavor?
A. Cherry
B. Caramel
C. Mint
D. Almond

Eddie wastes about fifteen seconds explaining how he does most of the cooking and watches a lot of cooking shows before giving his final answer.
Spoiler
D. Almond
$16K In 2007, the indie band Moldy Peaches hit it big after its balled “Anyone Else But You” was prominently featured in what film?
A. Knocked Up
B. Juno
C. Shrek the Third
D. Superbad

ATA (22)

20% A. Knocked Up
63% B. Juno
13% C. Shrek the Third
4% D. Superbad

Spoiler
B. Juno (13)
$25K Who designed the wedding dress worn by First Daughter Jenna Bush for her 2008 nuptials?
A. Alberta Ferretti
B. Vera Wang
C. Monique Lhuillier
D. Oscar de la Renta

With approximately eighteen seconds remaining on the clock, Eddie says he wants to PAF. Jen nods. Meredith says that they are going to stop the clock at sixteen seconds. The clock continues to run. Eddie and Jen look at their console and Meredith with a confused look. Meredith says nothing. At Eddie’s prompting, Jen says she would like to use the PAF.

PAF – (10)

PAF team:

Chris from Freeport, NY – Eddie’s co-worker
John from North Merrick, NY – a friend
Matt from North Baltimore, NY – Jen’s brother

PAF – John

John says he is 100% sure it is de la Renta.

Spoiler
D. Oscar de la Renta (7)
commercial break

$50K In the Robert Louis Stevenson novel “Treasure Island,” Long John Silver has a pet parrot named what?
A. Billy Bones
B. Israel Hands
C. Black Dog
D. Captain Flint

DD (26)

Their first choice of Billy Bones is incorrect.
Their second choice of Black Dog is also incorrect.

Eddie and Jen leave with $25K.

Spoiler
D. Captain Flint (7)
commercial break

Enter the Escape to Paradise Sweepstakes at Brides.com/millionaire.

The prize is an eight (8) day/seven (7) night hotel stay for two (2) adults in a Royal Service one (1) bedroom Jacuzzi suite (double occupancy) at the Paradisus Playa Conchal Resort located in Guanacaste, Costa Rica, plus round-trip coach-class airfare for two (2).

One entry per person.

Answers:
$100 A. The bride
$200 B. Spine
$300 D. Throwing rice
$500 C. Saab
$1K A. Sydney Opera House
$2K C. For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow
$4K A. Jewish
$8K D. Almond
$16K B. Juno
$25K D. Oscar de la Renta
$50K D. Captain Flint

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 03/23/09 Eddie Kraus & Jen Sharkey

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:53 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Eddie Kraus & Jen Sharkey
North Bellmore, NY

Long Island, so they're Where Elses®. But it's hard to root against a firefighter and a teacher.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Today’s ATEs are Ryan and Trista Sutter from the first season of “The Bachelorette.”
So what exactly qualifies these two as "experts"? <grumble>®

$16K: Never heard of this song or this band. I will also ATA.

$25K: I know it wasn't Vera Wang, but I'll have to PAF.

I'm going for $100,000 with Double Dip and Ask the So-Called-Experts.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Eddie Kraus & Jen Sharkey
North Bellmore, NY

Well, even though I don't like specialty shows, it's hard to root against people in these professions. My question going in is whether TDC will be a factor.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Both of the contestants have to say final answer before the clock stops.
This probably means that it will.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Today’s ATEs are Ryan and Trista Sutter from the first season of “The Bachelorette.”
Ooh, just what I would want - a couple whose only qualification seems to be that they are a couple.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K “The Bear Went Over the Mountain” is a children’s ditty traditionally sung to the tune of what well-known song?
A. Oh, Susanna
B. Home on the Range
C. For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow
D. Yankee Doodle

With nineteen seconds remaining on the clock, Jen makes her final answer. Meredith, instead of asking Eddie for his final answer, asks them if they know how the song goes.
They laugh. Jen starts singing the first few words. Eddies says that Meredith wouldn’t want him to sing and then he gives his final answer.
Spoiler
C. For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow (9)
Should the happy couple get to the $1M question they won't have much time banked.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K A paste commonly used to make edible decorations, marzipan traditionally has what flavor?
A. Cherry
B. Caramel
C. Mint
D. Almond

Eddie wastes about fifteen seconds explaining how he does most of the cooking and watches a lot of cooking shows before giving his final answer.
Spoiler
D. Almond
Eddie, you should have been on the show last season if you wanted to pontificate about your answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K In 2007, the indie band Moldy Peaches hit it big after its balled “Anyone Else But You” was prominently featured in what film?
A. Knocked Up
B. Juno
C. Shrek the Third
D. Superbad

ATA (22)

20% A. Knocked Up
63% B. Juno
13% C. Shrek the Third
4% D. Superbad
Spoiler
B. Juno (13)
Time for me to use a lifeline - ATA since this is a pop culture question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K Who designed the wedding dress worn by First Daughter Jenna Bush for her 2008 nuptials?
A. Alberta Ferretti
B. Vera Wang
C. Monique Lhuillier
D. Oscar de la Renta

With approximately eighteen seconds remaining on the clock, Eddie says he wants to PAF. Jen nods. Meredith says that they are going to stop the clock at sixteen seconds. The clock continues to run. Eddie and Jen look at their console and Meredith with a confused look. Meredith says nothing. At Eddie’s prompting, Jen says she would like to use the PAF.

PAF – (10)

PAF team:

Chris from Freeport, NY – Eddie’s co-worker
John from North Merrick, NY – a friend
Matt from North Baltimore, NY – Jen’s brother

PAF – John

John says he is 100% sure it is de la Renta.
Spoiler
D. Oscar de la Renta (7)
OK, they almost blew it because of TDC and the need for both to call for the lifeline. As for me, I'd be PAFing also - I've only heard of two of these, and I don't feel confident enough to use the DD.

Right after the commercial break they showed the next couple, which probably means that Eddie and Jen are about to depart.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K In the Robert Louis Stevenson novel “Treasure Island,” Long John Silver has a pet parrot named what?
A. Billy Bones
B. Israel Hands
C. Black Dog
D. Captain Flint

DD (26)

Their first choice of Billy Bones is incorrect.
Their second choice of Black Dog is also incorrect.

Eddie and Jen leave with $25K.
Spoiler
D. Captain Flint (7)
"Treasure Island" is the one book that elwing has never been able to finish (FTR mine is "The Scarlet Letter").

So I'd be going for $100K with DD and ATE remaining. But given who the experts are, that's probably not a good thing.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: With nineteen seconds remaining on the clock, Jen makes her final answer. Meredith, instead of asking Eddie for his final answer, asks them if they know how the song goes.
If you're embracing TDC because it gets you home in time for dinner, Meredith, you better be clear about the specifics of how it works on these team shows before you cost someone big time! :roll: