I think that I am getting sick

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

I think that I am getting sick

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 am

Friday it was raining. The kids came back from Sixth Grade camp and so there would be room for the busses to park, the 6th Grade committee and the school administration wanted the parking area kept free of parents.

There is only one way in, so it was decided that a parent would stand at the opening and scare parents away but let school personnel inside.

Guess who got picked as the parent scary enough to keep the other parents out of the parking lot?

I had a friend with me, just in case I got beat up. I couldn't believe how nasty some of the parents were, one man almost mowed me down and went into the parking lot anyway. A bunch of dads scared him off at the other end of the lot.

Parental ire got really bad because the busses were an hour late and it was almost time for the rest of the school to get out. Once Emma's bus came, I was very relieved to quit my job.

So anyway, I stood out in the rain for an hour and a half. My pants were soaking wet, even my peacoat was soaked, though I had an umbrella.

I changed my clothes before I took Maddie to quiz bowl, but when I woke up today my throat was sore and my head was congested. I have too much to do, to be sick.

MarleysGh0st

Re: I think that I am getting sick

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:25 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: So anyway, I stood out in the rain for an hour and a half. My pants were soaking wet, even my peacoat was soaked, though I had an umbrella.
Ugh.

Maybe we shoud talk again about you not overdoing the school volunteering thing?

But we'll wait until you're feeling better.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:39 am

Oh, dear. I hope you feel better fast!

otherindigo

#4 Post by otherindigo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:52 am

I have front circle drive duty at school every AM for 30 minutes. I normally try to fight off colds and sniffles from weather conditions by drinking that Airborne stuff and hot tea sometimes with lemon.

I hope this mess is very temporary for you and that you get to feeling better really soon.

TheConfessor

#5 Post by TheConfessor » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Every cloud has a silver lining. Your report sounds like a welcome respite from the fires in California.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Try to rest up today. I hope you feel better soon.