Transcript 3/25/09 James Wolfe and Brandee Graff (CO)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 3/25/09 James Wolfe and Brandee Graff (CO)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:57 pm

James Wolfe and Brandee Graff
New York

James is a projectionist and actor, and is in a rock band called Florence in NYC. Brandee is a grad student and bartender, studying to be a special ed teacher. They want to get married at the conservancy gardens in Central Park (but they don't think they can afford it). Of course, Brides.com called the conservancy gardens, and reserved the spot for their wedding; and they're also paying for the photographer and other fees, and Flowers of the World is providing the flowers for them.

James and Brandee have three lifelines remaining: PAF, ATE (Ryan is still out on a call as he was yesterday, but Trista Sutter is still standing by), and DD. Their category tree:

The 19th Century
Prize Money
Just Kidding!
State Names
In Vino Veritas
Rom Coms
Gift Shopping
I Love It
Taking Sides
Raise a Glass!
(Talk the Talk)
(You're Outta Here!)
(What to Wear)
(Same Names)
(Take a Vow)

$2,000 (Raise a Glass!): The Italian wedding toast "Per cent'anni" wishes a newlywed couple how many years of happiness?
A. 25 B. 50
C. 75 D. 100
Spoiler
D. 100 (19)
$4,000 (Taking Sides): Which of these traffic signs is in the shape of a polygon with the most sides?
A. Stop B. School zone
C. Yield D. One way
Spoiler
A. Stop (12)
$8,000 (I Love It): An oenophile is a person who enjoys what?
A. Automobiles B. Wine
C. Books D. Art
Spoiler
B. Wine (14)
COMMERCIAL BREAK

$16,000 (Gift Shopping): In 1995, what retailer introduced its popular Club Wedd bridal registry?
A. Kmart B. Wal-mart
C. Sears D. Target

James and Brandee don't know, so they choose to ATE (18).

Ryan has once again joined Trista to help as Experts. Trista says she knows it, and says they registered there, although Ryan looks as if he's surprised to hear that. She's 90-95% sure it's
Spoiler
D
Spoiler
D. Target (16)
$25,000 (Rom Coms): What nineties romantic comedy begins with the line "I used to think a wedding was a simple affair"?
A. Runaway Bride B. Betsy's Wedding
C. Father of the Bride D. Muriel's Wedding

James has a hunch that it's "Father of the Bride," but he and Brandee decide to PAF (16). Standing by for them are their friends Matt (Jackson Heights, NY), Richard (New York, NY) and Steve (New York, NY). They choose to call Matt.

James reads the question and answer, finishing with 19 seconds left. He repeats the quote and answers again (5) when prompted, and Matt quickly says they're on their own, but he'd guess
Spoiler
A

Rather than DD and possibly lose $15,000, they walk with $16,000 and 3 seconds left on the clock.
Spoiler
C. Father of the Bride (3)

tanstaafl2

Re: Transcript 3/25/09 James Wolfe and Brandee Graff (CO)

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:23 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:James Wolfe and Brandee Graff
New York

$8,000 (I Love It): An oenophile is a person who enjoys what?
A. Automobiles B. Wine
C. Books D. Art
Spoiler
B. Wine (14)
It would appear they did not spell the answer correctly...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

christie1111
11:11

#3 Post by christie1111 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh, I was at this taping.

Not much to add though.

Sorry.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:59 am

New York

James is a projectionist and actor, and is in a rock band called Florence in NYC.
So he is a full-on WE/WE®.

$16K: No clue on this one. Ask the audience.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Ryan has once again joined Trista to help as Experts. Trista says she knows it, and says they registered there, although Ryan looks as if he's surprised to hear that. She's 90-95% sure it's
Spoiler
D
Finally! These two dunderheads were useful for something!

$25K: Out of these four films, I've seen only "Father of the Bride". I think it's that one, but I better PAF for assurance.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:24 am

New York

James is a projectionist and actor, and is in a rock band called Florence in NYC. Brandee is a grad student and bartender, studying to be a special ed teacher. They want to get married at the conservancy gardens in Central Park (but they don't think they can afford it). Of course, Brides.com called the conservancy gardens, and reserved the spot for their wedding; and they're also paying for the photographer and other fees, and Flowers of the World is providing the flowers for them.
So he's a WE/WE® and so is she, although she's trying to break out of that category by becoming a teacher.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000 (Gift Shopping): In 1995, what retailer introduced its popular Club Wedd bridal registry?
A. Kmart B. Wal-mart
C. Sears D. Target

Ryan has once again joined Trista to help as Experts. Trista says she knows it, and says they registered there, although Ryan looks as if he's surprised to hear that. She's 90-95% sure it's
Spoiler
D
Spoiler
D. Target (16)
No idea, so it's time to ATA. Are there Target stores in NYC?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 (Rom Coms): What nineties romantic comedy begins with the line "I used to think a wedding was a simple affair"?

James has a hunch that it's "Father of the Bride," but he and Brandee decide to PAF (16). Standing by for them are their friends Matt (Jackson Heights, NY), Richard (New York, NY) and Steve (New York, NY). They choose to call Matt.

James reads the question and answer, finishing with 19 seconds left. He repeats the quote and answers again (5) when prompted, and Matt quickly says they're on their own, but he'd guess
Spoiler
A

Rather than DD and possibly lose $15,000, they walk with $16,000 and 3 seconds left on the clock.
Spoiler
Once again no idea, so I'd be PAFing also because neither DD nor ATE will help.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:36 am

earendel wrote:
New York

So he's a WE/WE® and so is she, although she's trying to break out of that category by becoming a teacher.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000 (Gift Shopping): In 1995, what retailer introduced its popular Club Wedd bridal registry?
A. Kmart B. Wal-mart
C. Sears D. Target

Spoiler
D
Spoiler
D. Target (16)
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 (Rom Coms): What nineties romantic comedy begins with the line "I used to think a wedding was a simple affair"?

Spoiler
A

Spoiler
Are you sure the ATE wouldn't help. I would think these might be the type of movies they would have seen. It couldn't hurt to ask. This lifeline might lose its usefulness later.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote:
New York

A. Kmart B. Wal-mart
C. Sears D. Target

Spoiler
D
Spoiler
D. Target (16)

Spoiler
A

Spoiler
Are you sure the ATE wouldn't help. I would think these might be the type of movies they would have seen. It couldn't hurt to ask. This lifeline might lose its usefulness later.
"Might lose its usefulness later"? It lost its usefulness when it was announced that the "experts'" only qualification was that they'd been on a reality TV show and were married. I wouldn't want to trust them for anything, unless it was about "The Bachelorette" or firefighting, and even then I'd be dubious.

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:They want to get married at the conservancy gardens in Central Park (but they don't think they can afford it). Of course, Brides.com called the conservancy gardens, and reserved the spot for their wedding; and they're also paying for the photographer and other fees, and Flowers of the World is providing the flowers for them.

TPTB ought to make the contestants answer a couple questions, at least, before they award them their extra special product placement bonus prize. :roll:

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#9 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:35 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:They want to get married at the conservancy gardens in Central Park (but they don't think they can afford it). Of course, Brides.com called the conservancy gardens, and reserved the spot for their wedding; and they're also paying for the photographer and other fees, and Flowers of the World is providing the flowers for them.

TPTB ought to make the contestants answer a couple questions, at least, before they award them their extra special product placement bonus prize. :roll:
Is this a duplicate post?
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 am

Rexer25 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

I dunno.

Did TPTB duplicate the irritation? :P

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:38 am

earendel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote: So he's a WE/WE® and so is she, although she's trying to break out of that category by becoming a teacher. No idea, so it's time to ATA. Are there Target stores in NYC? Once again no idea, so I'd be PAFing also because neither DD nor ATE will help.
"Might lose its usefulness later"? It lost its usefulness when it was announced that the "experts'" only qualification was that they'd been on a reality TV show and were married. I wouldn't want to trust them for anything, unless it was about "The Bachelorette" or firefighting, and even then I'd be dubious.
Then it would be as useless as ATA unless it is used for pop culture.

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:07 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Rexer25 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
I dunno.

I suppose TPTB could just skip those distracting trivia questions this week. Just hand out a $16K check and the wedding presents, and then Meredith can chat with them for the rest of the episode about what a lovely ceremony it's going to be!

That'd leave more time for the special guests from the sponsor companies to talk about "delegating" and stuff, too.

:roll:

earendel

#13 Post by earendel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:08 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote: Are you sure the ATE wouldn't help. I would think these might be the type of movies they would have seen. It couldn't hurt to ask. This lifeline might lose its usefulness later.
Exactly! Only ATA at least has the benefit of having 100 respondents, not just one (or, as in this case, two).

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#14 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:13 am

earendel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote: "Might lose its usefulness later"? It lost its usefulness when it was announced that the "experts'" only qualification was that they'd been on a reality TV show and were married. I wouldn't want to trust them for anything, unless it was about "The Bachelorette" or firefighting, and even then I'd be dubious.
Exactly! Only ATA at least has the benefit of having 100 respondents, not just one (or, as in this case, two).
Did they already use the ATA? If so, why not ATE. As it turns out, Trista knew it.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#15 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:16 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Rexer25 wrote: Is this a duplicate post?
I dunno.

I suppose TPTB could just skip those distracting trivia questions this week. Just hand out a $16K check and the wedding presents, and then Meredith can chat with them for the rest of the episode about what a lovely ceremony it's going to be!

That'd leave more time for the special guests from the sponsor companies to talk about "delegating" and stuff, too.

:roll:
They still have to work in the "Experts", somehow.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

MarleysGh0st

#16 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:25 am

Rexer25 wrote:They still have to work in the "Experts", somehow.
They could chat with Meredith, too! If they didn't have to leave their remote Skype stage for anything else...

hbomb1947

#17 Post by hbomb1947 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:04 am

New York

James is a projectionist and actor, and is in a rock band called Florence in NYC. Brandee is a grad student and bartender, studying to be a special ed teacher. They want to get married at the conservancy gardens in Central Park (but they don't think they can afford it). Of course, Brides.com called the conservancy gardens, and reserved the spot for their wedding;
Just a nitpick, but the place where these WE/WE's wanted to tie the knot is called the Conservatory Garden. The Conservancy is the entity that operates Central Park.

http://www.centralparknyc.org/site/Page ... torygarden

Did the couple and Meredith really misstate the name of the garden?

To answer another question that came up in this thread, there are Target stores in Brooklyn and Queens, but none in Manhattan. There are also no Wal-Mart or Sears stores at all in NYC (we do have a couple of K-Marts). A question like the Club Wedd one would probably still be a good choice for ATA b/c there would be enough audience members from the outer boroughs, NJ, Long Island, etc., as well as people who have awareness from other sources of Target's bridal registry name

MarleysGh0st

#18 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:09 am

hbomb1947 wrote:
New York

James is a projectionist and actor, and is in a rock band called Florence in NYC. Brandee is a grad student and bartender, studying to be a special ed teacher. They want to get married at the conservancy gardens in Central Park (but they don't think they can afford it). Of course, Brides.com called the conservancy gardens, and reserved the spot for their wedding;
Just a nitpick, but the place where these WE/WE's wanted to tie the knot is called the Conservatory Garden. The Conservancy is the entity that operates Central Park.

It's all Where Else to me! :P

Nice to see you again, Harv. :)

hbomb1947

#19 Post by hbomb1947 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:31 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:
New York

It's all Where Else to me! :P

Nice to see you again, Harv. :)
Thanks Marley! I hope to see you again in person sometime! It would be nice if there was a BB contingent going to a taping again next season . . . I haven't been to one of those in years now.

MarleysGh0st

#20 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:02 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:It would be nice if there was a BB contingent going to a taping again next season . . . I haven't been to one of those in years now.
You know I'll be there. :|