"The Moment of Truth"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Shade

"The Moment of Truth"

#1 Post by Shade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:48 pm

A new Fox game show is coming soon called "The Moment of Truth" on Fox, from what I understand contestants are connected to a lie detector tests and are asked very uncomfortable questions and they must tell the truth in order to win 500,000 dollar grand prize.

It's very weird, I've only seen a few commercial on it and I can't seem to find much information on it online. I think it's too much like a reality show for me to be able to watch it and enjoy it but I might want to be a contestant even if it would mean being publicly humiliated. I find the supposed grand prize odd for a modern game show though, maybe the sources I have are wrong.

Has anyone else seen these commercials?

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Are you sure you wouldn't rather try out for "Who Wants to Marry a U. S. Citizen"? I posted a link for a promo for it yesterday. It could prolly lend itself to public humiliation as well. :twisted:

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Based on some of the contestants I've seen recently on reality shows, I'm not sure how many prospective players even understand the concepts of acceptable behavior and public humiliation.

The Amarosa approach has taken over.

jsuchard

#4 Post by jsuchard » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:31 pm

One of the nurses in my Emergency Department was a contestant on this show (male, named Matt).

From what he told me about the show, it is essentially "How much will you embarass yourself and potentially threaten your close relationships for money?"

They thoroughly interview the contestants to get all the dirt on them beforehand. Then they hook 'em up to a polygraph and ask them increasingly embarassing questions while their significant others, friends, and family are in the audience. If they tell the truth (as determined by the polygrapher) then they will win money; if they lie, then they lose everything.

The potential problem with the show, in my opinion, is that most everyone will get nervous enough while on-camera in front of the audience that it might easily interfere with interpreting the polygraph, giving both false-positive results and false-negative results.
* Either Arglebargle IV or someone else.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:18 am

And we can eagerly await the sequel "Who Wants to Divorce a Former Moment of Truth Contestant?".

:shock: :shock:

Shade

#6 Post by Shade » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:06 am

Yeah, this show and a lot of them of their kind seem to be destined to failure for obvious reasons. I probably would want to go on this show anyway. I want money! And maybe if I take a couple of weeks of relaxation classes before hand I can keep myself relaxed enough to not set off the lie detector even when I'm telling the truth.

How does one become a contestant I can't find information about it anywhere.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:22 am

On a Colombian version of the show, it was revealed that a woman hired a hit man to kill her husband. The attempt failed.

thguy65

#8 Post by thguy65 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 am

Shade wrote:Yeah, this show and a lot of them of their kind seem to be destined to failure for obvious reasons. I probably would want to go on this show anyway. I want money! And maybe if I take a couple of weeks of relaxation classes before hand I can keep myself relaxed enough to not set off the lie detector even when I'm telling the truth.

How does one become a contestant I can't find information about it anywhere.
You can look here and here, but you're a day late for the Chicago open casting call.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

Shade

#9 Post by Shade » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:31 pm

I tried emailing the email address for NY casting calls but it came back permantley unable to send.

Kazoo65

RE: Moment of Truth

#10 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:48 pm

I saw a promo for this while watching 5th Grader last week. It looked really weird. I think I'll pass on watching people get humiliated in public. This could possibly result in (1) divorces (2) someone being fired (3) lawsuits or any other negative thing you could think of.
I'm just a game show nerd.