Lyrically Speaking December 2007

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
traininvain

Lyrically Speaking December 2007

#1 Post by traininvain » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:48 am

I decided to try and make this fun and easy. So I based the ‘theme’ around what one of my favorite radio stations (The Peak 107.1) does. They play “10 great songs from one great year” at 10AM with a repeat performance at 10PM every weekday, The 10 @ 10.

So what I’m going to be doing is giving you some lyrics from 10 songs all from the same year. Now the songs may have originally been released a year before or maybe even 20 years before, but charted in this particular theme year. The songs could also be covers, what we’re looking for is the name of the song and the artist that charted it for that year. I’ll even help you out by giving you the theme year.

For the most part I’ll be using only songs that made the Billboard Hot 100, occasionally I’ll throw in a song that didn’t chart, but should be familiar to all nonetheless.

I’ve tried to check and recheck to make sure that all the lyrics are correct, but unfortunately I have yet to find a lyrics website that has no mistakes. But I’ll do my best to post accurate lyrics.

Game will run weekdays; I’ll try and post it around 9:00AM EST (I can’t post it at 10:00AM).

So, here are the rules:

1. Brain power only please, this means no steroids.
2. Games are open for 48 hours, or so.
3. 10 questions, 1-point for each answered correctly.
4. Must give name of song and the artist that recorded it to get credit. Wise-ass answers will be excepted but no points will be awarded.
5. Have fun! Or not, it's your choice.
Enjoy every sandwich