LS 12-3-07

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
traininvain

#26 Post by traininvain » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:40 pm

I edited my answers post, just pinging it forward. :oops:
Enjoy every sandwich

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#27 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 am

traininvain wrote:7. And just because I call you up
Don't get me wrong, don't think you've got it made
#2 I’m Not In Love – 10cc

Mini, how can you not like this song? Unless the Rick Springfield or Donny Osmond versions have poisoned you? I read that there are some 256 vocal dubs on this track, great song on matter what Mini says. :cry:
It's so funny--there are some songs you hear and you think the sound guys had a blast pushing all those buttons. This has all those dubs, like Star Me Kitten, but the lyrics are so lame (how can a picture on the wall hide a stain that's lying there?) and the diction is bad (at first I wondered why she was whispering "Think nice and quiet" or something else unfathomable) that it's really only good for listening to when you are lying in a dark room with the fireplace on and a few glasses of wine in your veins. NTTAWWT.... So then I started thinking about those button-pushing delights, and my favorite was from 1982, and absent from your list of that year. Situation, by Yaz. I love how it seems like the sounds are being sucked back in by a vacuum or something. Add the great voice of Alison Moyet and the danceability, and you have the instant classic that was added to my teenage son's mix a quarter century later.

He wouldn't touch I'm Not In Love...