TAR (spoilers)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

TAR (spoilers)

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:44 am

Spoiler
The highlight of the episode for me was when some of the teams were trying to count the pickets in the fence at that ethnographic museum. Not only were the teammates unable to keep from distracting each other by talking out loud during the count, but they had all those kids and folks in costume interrupting, too! :twisted:

And it was nice for Kynt to find a place where he finally felt "normal". :)

christie1111
11:11

Re: TAR (spoilers)

#2 Post by christie1111 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:46 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler
The highlight of the episode for me was when some of the teams were trying to count the pickets in the fence at that ethnographic museum. Not only were the teammates unable to keep from distracting each other by talking out loud during the count, but they had all those kids and folks in costume interrupting, too! :twisted:

I missed the show. Forgot completely to tape it while we watched Extreme Makeover.

Drat!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

mrkelley23

Re: TAR (spoilers)

#3 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:51 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler

I don't think any of my comments are spoilerish....

Maybe the most enjoyable episode of the season so far for me. I told my family last night that it's hard to find someone to root for this season, but I like TK and Rachel, I like Grandpa (but not grandson) and I like A and H, but they have "front-runner syndrome" for me. They're so good at this, I find myself rooting against them.

I also found it interesting that the further we get into the race, the less beautiful some of the more artificial-looking women look and the more striking (if only by contrast) a more natural-looking woman like Rachel looks.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:55 am

Spoiler
I celebrated when the blondes were last and it was an elimination leg. If I had to listen to them snip at each other through another episode, I would not have been happy.

Grandson had better step up his game. Was a joke.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:14 pm

I like that father and daughter. The father is a jerk, but she is so patient when he acts that way.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Fortunately our DVR worked as it should, so we were able to watch when we got home from church.
Spoiler
I'm glad the blondes are gone. Their sniping at each other was getting very annoying. Unfortunately so is the sniping between Christine and her father, although she is showing much more patience. Her comment about telling him "I love you" often was nice to hear. Give Grandpa credit for fighting through the pain of his hernia. I wonder if he had it as a pre-existing condition that was aggrevated by the bicycle ride, or if it was caused by that ride. In that case, would CBS be responsible for medical bills?

As far as my favorites, I'd have to say TK and Rachel and Kynt and Vixyn (hometown and all that) are the ones I'd like to see win. One thing the episodes don't show is that Kynt is very smart and fluent in several languages. I think TAR is trying to play them as the "weird couple" but they have a lot going for them. Oh, and although they're billed as "dating goths" they aren't in a relationship.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tanstaafl2

#7 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:54 pm

earendel wrote:Fortunately our DVR worked as it should, so we were able to watch when we got home from church.
Spoiler
I'm glad the blondes are gone. Their sniping at each other was getting very annoying. Unfortunately so is the sniping between Christine and her father, although she is showing much more patience. Her comment about telling him "I love you" often was nice to hear. Give Grandpa credit for fighting through the pain of his hernia. I wonder if he had it as a pre-existing condition that was aggrevated by the bicycle ride, or if it was caused by that ride. In that case, would CBS be responsible for medical bills?

As far as my favorites, I'd have to say TK and Rachel and Kynt and Vixyn (hometown and all that) are the ones I'd like to see win. One thing the episodes don't show is that Kynt is very smart and fluent in several languages. I think TAR is trying to play them as the "weird couple" but they have a lot going for them. Oh, and although they're billed as "dating goths" they aren't in a relationship.
Spoiler
The Bickersons, Nathan and Jennifer, could leave just any time and it would be fine with me. He ain't no prize but she is even worse. It was amazing to watch her bitch at him while counting the pickets and thus disrupting his concentration. If he wants to count out loud let him and shaddup already!

Interesting that the pinkys are being falsely portrayed as a dating couple. Even if they didn't do all the makeup it would still be one odd couple. She looks like she could snap him in half if she had a mind to. But they have proven to be good racers so far.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:57 pm

I also like that they are The Pinkies now and no longer The Freaks.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Spoiler
tanstaafl2 wrote:Interesting that the pinkys are being falsely portrayed as a dating couple. Even if they didn't do all the makeup it would still be one odd couple. She looks like she could snap him in half if she had a mind to. But they have proven to be good racers so far.
TARPTB have probably decided that there's not enough drama in a team that are just friends--there has to be a "relationship".

So, if Pea and Beedums ever got their application submitted, they'd be packaged as the "Internet Dating Couple". :wink:

tanstaafl2

#10 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:10 pm

peacock2121 wrote:I also like that they are The Pinkies now and no longer The Freaks.
Freak-dom is such a personal and subjective charcterization. One mans freak might be anothers fantasy. And speaking of fantasy and snapping in half Vyxsin looks like...

Well, perhaps one should keep ones thoughts to oneself!

But pink is pink! No grey zone there!

So to speak...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

peacock2121

#11 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:39 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler
tanstaafl2 wrote:Interesting that the pinkys are being falsely portrayed as a dating couple. Even if they didn't do all the makeup it would still be one odd couple. She looks like she could snap him in half if she had a mind to. But they have proven to be good racers so far.
TARPTB have probably decided that there's not enough drama in a team that are just friends--there has to be a "relationship".

So, if Pea and Beedums ever got their application submitted, they'd be packaged as the "Internet Dating Couple". :wink:
In Beedums dreams.

peacock2121

#12 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:I also like that they are The Pinkies now and no longer The Freaks.
Freak-dom is such a personal and subjective charcterization. One mans freak might be anothers fantasy. And speaking of fantasy and snapping in half Vyxsin looks like...

Well, perhaps one should keep ones thoughts to oneself!

But pink is pink! No grey zone there!

So to speak...
Everytime I saw her in that pink zebra top - I said (outloud, mind you) "Look at those tits."

christie1111

#13 Post by christie1111 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:47 pm

earendel wrote:Fortunately our DVR worked as it should, so we were able to watch when we got home from church.
Spoiler

Is it on a DVD? I would pay for postage. Unless that is too much to ask, which is fine also.

earendel

#14 Post by earendel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:42 am

christie1111 wrote:
Spoiler

Is it on a DVD? I would pay for postage. Unless that is too much to ask, which is fine also.
It's on my DVR, but I don't have any way of getting it off that device and onto a regular DVD. And the ratbastiches at CBS don't show the episodes on their Web site. However I was able to watch the one from two weeks ago by going to YouTube. The quality isn't always the best but it's viewable and audible.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

christie1111

#15 Post by christie1111 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:51 am

earendel wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
Spoiler

It's on my DVR, but I don't have any way of getting it off that device and onto a regular DVD. And the ratbastiches at CBS don't show the episodes on their Web site. However I was able to watch the one from two weeks ago by going to YouTube. The quality isn't always the best but it's viewable and audible.
Thank Ear. I'll look whe I get home tonight.

I hate when I forget someting like this until about 10 minutes after the show has ended.

dimmzy

#16 Post by dimmzy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:23 am

Hey! If anybody needs a DVD of a show, I probably have it or could make it (especially for HBO and Showtime shows!!)

--dimmzy, the Taping Queen or Have Show, Will Tape