Transcript 4/3/2009 - Lindsay Turk (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/3/2009 - Lindsay Turk (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Lindsay Turk
Philadelphia, PA
Satellite engineer

Lindsay loves the fact that she gets to touch stuff that goes into space. She could use a bit more space of her own - she's in a cramped apartment that's in a neighborhood that's noisy and has nightclubs on each side. Fraternal twin Jessica is in the relationship seat.

Topic tree:
- Brainiacs
- The Oval Office
- Crime Fighters
- Tunnel Vision
- American Hopper
- Kiss and Tell
- Opening Lines
- Don't Eat That
- Famous Firsts
- Splitsville
- Reindeer Names
- Papers of Record
- Classic Films
- Treasury Bonds
- On the Line

Lindsay has her Phone a Friend and Double Dip lifelines remaining.

$16K - "Samuel Spade's jaw was long and bony" is the first line of what famous detective novel?
A - The Big Sleep
B - The Thin Man
C - The Maltese Falcon
D - The Long Goodbye

Lindsay immediately asks to phone a friend, stopping the clock with 21 seconds remaining. On Lindsay's PAF list are Laura, from Philadelphia; Steve from West Roxbury, MA; and Ben from New York City. Lindsay decides to call Ben. Lindsay does a straight read-through of the question and answers. Ben first says he thinks it's
Spoiler
The Maltese Falcon
. Lindsay tells him he has 5 seconds and he replies that he's sure that's the right answer.

Lindsay says she trusts Ben and goes with his answer.
Spoiler
C - The Maltese Falcon (14)
$25K - In 2008, pop sensation Katy Perry admitted that her smash hit single "I Kissed A Girl" was inspired by what Hollywood hottie?
A - Keira Knightley
B - Scarlett Johansson
C - Mischa Barton
D - Jessica Alba

Lindsey says she was expecting a different name to come up. She thinks it might be Scarlett Johansson but is unwilling to risk it, so she lets time expire without using her Double Dip.
Spoiler
B - Scarlett Johansson (0)
Lindsay walks away with $16,000.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 4/3/2009 - Lindsay Turk (carryover contestant)

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 am

$25K: I vaguely remember something about Scarlet Johanssen, but I'm not locking in anything without using a lifeline first. I'll try the Expert, since this may be something in his wheelhouse.

jarnon

Re: Transcript 4/3/2009 - Lindsay Turk (carryover contestant)

#3 Post by jarnon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:50 pm

I exchanged e-mails with Lindsay:
jarnon wrote:Hi Lindsay,

I work for IS&GS in Valley Forge. I saw a few minutes on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire today, and I was thrilled to see a colleague in the Hot Seat. I’ll make sure to record tomorrow’s program to see how you do.

I was a contestant on Super Millionaire in 2004. I didn’t win any money, but at least I got to meet Regis. I’d enjoy hearing more about your experience.

Yours,
Jon Arnon
Lindsay Turk wrote:Hi Jon,

Thanks for getting in touch. Being on the show was truly an amazing once in a lifetime experience! I’m sure you felt the same way. Did you make it to the hot seat, or was this back when they had the fastest finger challenge? The game has changed quite a bit since you were on it too. The timer really made me on edge, and the pep talk the producers gave us ahead of time was basically to use our lifelines and not to guess. I wish I had taken a few more risks, but overall I can’t complain as I left with more money than I walked in with!

I’ve since relocated out to Sunnyvale California office. Obviously not because of the money I won on the show, but plenty of people joked about that!

Take care,
Lindsay
I invited Lindsay to visit this Bored and share her contestant experiences, but she hasn't.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי