Shameless Plug

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
peacock2121

Shameless Plug

#1 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:03 am

Not for me or Sting, but for Beedums.

He has been working full-time on getting his woodworking/craft/home decor/repurposed wood things business up and running.

One of his venues is this:

woodenaht.etsy.com

Great time to buy christmas or hanukkah gifts.

Also, if you have any ideas of what he might make that could be a best seller - post it here or send it through the etsy store.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:11 am

Not shameless. It was very thoughtful of you.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:35 am

His work is very lovely.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Last time I looked in, there were very few selections. This is much better!

Well done, FoodDude.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:54 am

He doesn't have his computer any more. I have offered to be his computer until he gets it all back up and running.

I registered him here, with his instructions.

I added products to his store, with his help.

This is a great time to sell gifts, so I hope esty gets the foot traffic.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Shameless Plug

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:26 pm

peacock2121 wrote:Not for me or Sting, but for Beedums.

He has been working full-time on getting his woodworking/craft/home decor/repurposed wood things business up and running.
Holy cow!!! Did he quit his day job?

I dint think of that until you said he dint have a puter anymore.

Holy cow!!!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#7 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:47 pm

peacock2121 wrote:He doesn't have his computer any more. I have offered to be his computer until he gets it all back up and running.

All rightie, then. I don't have to feel like an abandoned minion any more. Good luck to Beedums in his new bidness.

mellytu74

#8 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:15 pm

Wishing beedums well and looking forward to buying stuff. :D

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:56 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Not for me or Sting, but for Beedums.

Holy cow!!! Did he quit his day job?

I dint think of that until you said he dint have a puter anymore.

Holy cow!!!
He did.

Big move.

Very exciting and scary and all that goes along with that.

He is doing some wholesale to local stores, some consignment and mostly the craft shows are done for the season. Next up is working on his own website, which requires his own computer first.

There is a market for his stuff. Finding that market is the interesting part.

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:57 am

silvercamaro wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:He doesn't have his computer any more. I have offered to be his computer until he gets it all back up and running.

All rightie, then. I don't have to feel like an abandoned minion any more. Good luck to Beedums in his new bidness.
I told him that he needs work on the care and feeding of minions. He said "I'll endeavor to improve."

Whatever that means.

peacock2121

#11 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:58 am

mellytu74 wrote:Wishing beedums well and looking forward to buying stuff. :D
Great!

If you have any ideas of what he can make, that would be great too!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#12 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:00 pm

peacock2121 wrote: There is a market for his stuff. Finding that market is the interesting part.
Yes indeedy. My Pittsburgh SIL's next door neighbors have their great room filled with similar items. They were so similar, I thought they must be Beedums's, but I described it all to him and he said No.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:32 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote: There is a market for his stuff. Finding that market is the interesting part.
Yes indeedy. My Pittsburgh SIL's next door neighbors have their great room filled with similar items. They were so similar, I thought they must be Beedums's, but I described it all to him and he said No.
SF, where are you from originally? If you use the term "great room", I'm betting someplace in the South.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#14 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
SF, where are you from originally? If you use the term "great room," I'm betting someplace in the South.
Didn't mean to lead anybody astray -- I used it here only because Pea and SIL use it. I've lived in CO my entire life and never heard of a great room until I married into SteelersFanFamily.

Ritterskoop

#15 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:53 am

peacock2121 wrote:
Great!

Bird houses.

Or cat houses.

Or possum houses.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

DevilKitty100

#16 Post by DevilKitty100 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:56 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
Great!

Bird houses.

Or cat houses.

Or possum houses.
While I'm not advocating a knock off of Skippy's catalogue, maybe some items that are just a little bit naughty and suggestive. Not risque or vulgar, just naughty funny. In a bad pony kind of way.

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:04 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote: Yes indeedy. My Pittsburgh SIL's next door neighbors have their great room filled with similar items. They were so similar, I thought they must be Beedums's, but I described it all to him and he said No.
SF, where are you from originally? If you use the term "great room," I'm betting someplace in the South.
Didn't mean to lead anybody astray -- I used it here only because Pea and SIL use it. I've lived in CO my entire life and never heard of a great room until I married into SteelersFanFamily.
Ah, that explains it. Do you also have a "bedroom suit"? :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:52 pm

Bob Juch wrote: Ah, that explains it. Do you also have a "bedroom suit"? :P
:D No, that one makes me flinch, especially when I hear it on the radio. The only time I actually complain to the station is about surnames -- for example, when they say Vigil (as in candlelight vigil) instead of VEEhill or VeHILL.