Transcript 12/04/2007 Sherry Lucas

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/04/2007 Sherry Lucas

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:18 pm

Sherry Lucas
New York, NY
Training consultant

Teaches financial advisors how to sell better.

$100- A task that is compared to "taking candy from a baby" is being described as very what?
A. Easy B. Mean
C. Cautious D. Low-carby

$200- "Odorously challenged" is a euphemism used to describe a person who is what?
A. Short B. Bald
C. Smelly D. Thin

$300- Which of these materials is often heated and then shaped by air blown through a tube?
A. Paper B. Glass
C. Brick D. Wood

$500- "You probably think this song is about you" is a famously caustic lyric from what hit song?
A. You're Still the One B. You're In My Heart
C. You're So Vain D. You're the One That I Want

$1000- After he explored it with William Clark, who was named governor of the Louisiana Territory in 1807?
A. Ethan Allen B. Daniel Boone
C. Davy Crockett D. Meriwether Lewis

Commercial Break

$2000- A "bogus" was an early nineteenth-century machine used to do what?
A. Purify gold B. Counterfeit money
C. Survey land D. Tally votes

$4000- How many episodes of the "real-time" TV series "24" would it take to depict the events of a single week?
A. 7 B. 24
C. 168 D. 240

"I don't watch the show, my sister's an addict, but 24 hours, each season has been one full day. So to depict the events of a single week, I'm guessing would be seven, and I'll make that my final answer"

Meredith reminds her that it is how many episodes, not seasons, but it is too late and Sherry left with $1000.

Answers:
$100- A. Easy
$200- C. Smelly
$300- B. Glass
$500- C. You're So Vain
$1000- D. Meriwether Lewis
$2000- B. Counterfeit money
$4000- C. 168

silverscreenselect

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:04 am

Another case of a contestant's engaging the mouth before the brain is fully in gear.

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:57 am

As was mentioned earlier, Sherry won $66,500 on Bill Cullen's "Blockbusters" back in the early 1980s. It really is too bad that she got ahead of her brain on the $4K question cuz I'll bet that she would've gone very far into her stack.

earendel

Re: Transcript 12/04/2007 Sherry Lucas

#4 Post by earendel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Sherry Lucas
New York, NY
Training consultant
WE®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200- "Odorously challenged" is a euphemism used to describe a person who is what?
A. Short B. Bald
C. Smelly D. Thin
Some who is "height challenged" is short, so someone who is "odorously challenged" should lack any sort of scent at all, right?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000- A "bogus" was an early nineteenth-century machine used to do what?
A. Purify gold B. Counterfeit money
C. Survey land D. Tally votes
Never heard the term, but context makes the answer obvious.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- How many episodes of the "real-time" TV series "24" would it take to depict the events of a single week?
A. 7 B. 24
C. 168 D. 240
IOW how many hours are there in a week? 24x7=168.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 12/04/2007 Sherry Lucas

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:47 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $4000- How many episodes of the "real-time" TV series "24" would it take to depict the events of a single week?
A. 7 B. 24
C. 168 D. 240

"I don't watch the show, my sister's an addict, but 24 hours, each season has been one full day. So to depict the events of a single week, I'm guessing would be seven, and I'll make that my final answer"

Meredith reminds her that it is how many episodes, not seasons, but it is too late and Sherry left with $1000.
Meredith will sometimes repeat a question. Is is considered unfair if she does so in a case like this, where it's obvious the contestant is misreading it? I'm thinking Sherry rushed to her final answer without giving Mere time to try that.

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:36 pm

2K: I did not know of this machine, but there can only be one answer, considering.

otherwise fine. Also EZ, requiring multiplication. There are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week. I think we all know this? Also, that an hour of "24" is, well, 1 hour long?

I'm putting on a description of my job I have to write for reasons I doan wanna discuss right now that the person in it should "be completely comfortable with calculating fractions & percents". I said it as simply & as
opinion-free as I could, just like right here, stifling urges to comment on the abilities of people I have had as assistants in the recent past who should never have graduated 5th grade.

I don't care if they do it on paper, in their head or, as is most usual these days, with a calculator. We are being deprived, it looks like, of a program that calculates for you, so we're gonna haveta feed the values in. Still, whether you feed your results in or have a program that calculates in place for you, its good to know, for instance, which should be the numerator & which the denominator before you feed those #s into the little machine.

Now, this contestant didn't even have to figure percents, or whatever. Just start a simple multiplication in their head & see that only one answer had "8" in the "ones" column.

Maybe a simple arithmetic test should be on the quiz, along with interviews for charm & what-all?

OK, vent over for now.