Paris Photos

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
sunflower
Bored Hooligan

Paris Photos

#1 Post by sunflower » Wed May 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Are up on Facebook. For those of you who care but are not on Facebook, you can use the following links:

General Tourist stuff: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 3d8f0e90f2

Fun/silly pictures and cool night setting pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 729ad453f0

Eiffel Tower - day and night: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 2148162d01

Montmartre/Sacre Coeur: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... a946cb609c

Art we liked: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 5a8684520b

There are lots of pictures, I just put most of them up and I might weed through them some more later...but for now I'm off to a hair appointment!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Paris Photos

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Wed May 06, 2009 4:09 pm

I love seeing your photos, Sunflower. For that matter, I loved seeing you in your photos. You have a great smile!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#3 Post by sunflower » Wed May 06, 2009 6:27 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I love seeing your photos, Sunflower. For that matter, I loved seeing you in your photos. You have a great smile!
Aww thanks sliver...that's sweet! :) I didn't get me in too many...I hate having me in front of every single thing, I always feel dumb. But I took way more pictures than I remembered...probably because I was drunk the whole trip!!!

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#4 Post by Evil Squirrel » Thu May 07, 2009 2:44 am

Art!?!? I can draw better than that in my sleep.... with one paw tied behind my back! The Louvre will see the error of its ways and quit blacklisting me one of these days.....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:09 am

Nice pictures! It's easy to see you had a good time, and it's hard to have a good time when you're constantly posing for pictures. I was also happy to see those shots from waaaaaay up on the Awful Tower, and I had fun having flashbacks to art appreciation classes going through the art folder....

But, maybe it's just an error on my part, but I couldn't get the pictures from the Moulin Rouge to come up for me...... maybe you should re-upload them.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#6 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 6:00 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Nice pictures! It's easy to see you had a good time, and it's hard to have a good time when you're constantly posing for pictures. I was also happy to see those shots from waaaaaay up on the Awful Tower, and I had fun having flashbacks to art appreciation classes going through the art folder....

But, maybe it's just an error on my part, but I couldn't get the pictures from the Moulin Rouge to come up for me...... maybe you should re-upload them.....

lb13
Oh yes, I'll get working on that right away... :roll:

I tried so hard to stay up last night...I actually fell asleep on the couch, I know I was up at 11, but not sure how long after that.

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:04 am

I am envious of your trip.

You captured so much in your photos.

Hoping that being drunk the whole time will not erase those memories.

Who is the dude?

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#8 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 am

peacock2121 wrote:I am envious of your trip.

Who is the dude?
At least I wasn't usually drunk until around 2...I didn't start drinking until lunch! It was just so nice, we'd split a bottle of wine at lunch and dinner and sometimes another in between...it was all so leisurely and fun.

He is a friend from law school/business school. He lives in London and I was originally going to see him there, but we met in France instead. Before this, I hadn't seen him in a few years, even though we talk often.

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:11 am

sunflower wrote:

Who is the dude?
At least I wasn't usually drunk until around 2...I didn't start drinking until lunch! It was just so nice, we'd split a bottle of wine at lunch and dinner and sometimes another in between...it was all so leisurely and fun.

He is a friend from law school/business school. He lives in London and I was originally going to see him there, but we met in France instead. Before this, I hadn't seen him in a few years, even though we talk often.
Boyfriend material or not?

It is very cool how Europeans can say - I am in France, let's meet in Germany.

So very cool.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#10 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 6:14 am

peacock2121 wrote:
sunflower wrote:

Who is the dude?

Boyfriend material or not?

It is very cool how Europeans can say - I am in France, let's meet in Germany.

So very cool.
I don't think his boyfriend would think he's boyfriend material for me!! A very good friend though!

I think that is so cool also, and I think this weekend finally made him realize how easy it is, he hasn't done a lot of travel through Europe since he's lived there, he's spent a lot of time traveling through England, and goes to Switzerland a lot for work. But when he takes trips, he usually comes home to the US. Now I think he's realized how easy it is to just pop over to another country. His flight was less than an hour, I think, it's like me going to DC for the weekend.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Nice pictures! It's easy to see you had a good time, and it's hard to have a good time when you're constantly posing for pictures. I was also happy to see those shots from waaaaaay up on the Awful Tower, and I had fun having flashbacks to art appreciation classes going through the art folder....

lb13

Were there no Coyote Ugly bars in Paris?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 am

sunflower wrote:

lb13

I tried so hard to stay up last night...I actually fell asleep on the couch, I know I was up at 11, but not sure how long after that.

When I got home at 10:20 (my time), you were showing as still logged on to the Bored, but hadn't posted in a while. We figured you were probably out like a light so your ears wouldn't burn too much.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:46 am

sunflower wrote:

lb13

Well, while you're getting around to that, I think I'll share ES's favorite....

lb13

Snaxx

#14 Post by Snaxx » Thu May 07, 2009 11:02 am

Nice photos! I'll take a closer look when I get home, but for now my lunch hour is up and it's time for me to get back to work, at least before DK shows up here.

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am

Can't see them :x

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#16 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote:

lb13

lb13
That's one of my favorites too! I like ES's version! I wish I could post the others that show the "free fuck" side of the sign, but alas, Facebook has rules. They were better shots of the ridiculous outfit!!

Were you in chat the other night when I told my funny story? I think you were gone, remind me later!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:40 pm

sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote: Oh yes, I'll get working on that right away... :roll:

lb13
That's one of my favorites too! I like ES's version! I wish I could post the others that show the "free fuck" side of the sign, but alas, Facebook has rules. They were better shots of the ridiculous outfit!!

Were you in chat the other night when I told my funny story? I think you were gone, remind me later!!

That must have been one of the nights I had to go to work.....

I will remind you....

lb13

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#18 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

I will remind you....

lb13
This avatar is seriously cracking me up, I can't get over it...it's almost funnier than the real thing was!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#19 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:43 pm

sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote: That's one of my favorites too! I like ES's version! I wish I could post the others that show the "free fuck" side of the sign, but alas, Facebook has rules. They were better shots of the ridiculous outfit!!

I will remind you....

lb13
This avatar is seriously cracking me up, I can't get over it...it's almost funnier than the real thing was!

Just like for Kiki, I am here for your amusement.....

lb13

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#20 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

I will remind you....

lb13

lb13
The funny (sad?) part is that my life inspires these ridiculous things!! You can't make this stuff up!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#21 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:51 pm

sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote: This avatar is seriously cracking me up, I can't get over it...it's almost funnier than the real thing was!

lb13
The funny (sad?) part is that my life inspires these ridiculous things!! You can't make this stuff up!!

You are an inspiration for artistic squirrels all around the world. 500 years from now, people will be viewing the Mona Hooligan in the Louvre.....

lb13

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#22 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

You are an inspiration for artistic squirrels all around the world. 500 years from now, people will be viewing the Mona Hooligan in the Louvre.....

lb13
That would be great...then maybe I'd stand a chance to see it without being physically pushed out of the way without 75 tourists ganging up on me and pushing me out of the way (yes, that really happened, and the group leader even hit me with her weird leader flower, I think she was trying to poke me in the eye!)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#23 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:20 pm

sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote: The funny (sad?) part is that my life inspires these ridiculous things!! You can't make this stuff up!!

lb13
That would be great...then maybe I'd stand a chance to see it without being physically pushed out of the way without 75 tourists ganging up on me and pushing me out of the way (yes, that really happened, and the group leader even hit me with her weird leader flower, I think she was trying to poke me in the eye!)

That "leader flower" ain't got nothing on your bat..... I think that would be grounds for justifiable hooliganism.....

lb13

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#24 Post by sunflower » Thu May 07, 2009 2:23 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

That "leader flower" ain't got nothing on your bat..... I think that would be grounds for justifiable hooliganism.....

lb13
They stopped me at security and made me leave the bat...of course, no one actually took my ticket so I guess they don't care if you pay, they just want to pat you down.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#25 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:25 pm

sunflower wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
sunflower wrote: That would be great...then maybe I'd stand a chance to see it without being physically pushed out of the way without 75 tourists ganging up on me and pushing me out of the way (yes, that really happened, and the group leader even hit me with her weird leader flower, I think she was trying to poke me in the eye!)

lb13
They stopped me at security and made me leave the bat...of course, no one actually took my ticket so I guess they don't care if you pay, they just want to pat you down.

Those naughty French.......

lb13