Crosswords Air Date

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Catfish

Crosswords Air Date

#1 Post by Catfish » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:23 pm

Just found out my Crosswords episode is scheduled to air on February 19 nationwide, ie, in all markets, ie, first half hour in markets with two episodes.

Love,
Catfish

Ritterskoop

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Writing it down now. Thanks.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Shade

#3 Post by Shade » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Is it easy to get on Crossword? so many people on this board get on. My Dad's friend Susan is excellent at crossword puzzles.

I'll make a note to watch that day

Catfish

#4 Post by Catfish » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:24 pm

Shade wrote:Is it easy to get on Crossword? so many people on this board get on. My Dad's friend Susan is excellent at crossword puzzles.

Those who try out are competing against fewer other hopefuls, so it's "easier" in that sense. The test and interview are about the same difficulty as for BAM and Jeopardy! Being excellent at crossword puzzles is a good start. How is she at doing a crossword puzzle when someone keeps grabbing it out of her hands? And how is she at spelling bees? Is she comfortable performing?

Taping has finished for this season, but encourage her to try out next season. The coordinators seemed eager to find good contestants.
Catfish

mellytu74

#5 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Hopefully, TLAF will be able to operate the VCR by then! :D

Looking forward to it.

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:51 am

Please remind me again.

I love watching yous guys play this game. Don't so much love watching people I don't know play.

plasticene

Re: Crosswords Air Date

#7 Post by plasticene » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:07 am

Catfish wrote:Just found out my Crosswords episode is scheduled to air on February 19 nationwide, ie, in all markets, ie, first half hour in markets with two episodes.
Great! Another friend of mine got word of his December 31 airdate on Wednesday, so I guess they might have worked out the entire remaining schedule and have hundreds of people to notify at once. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll hear from them today.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#8 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:16 am

plasticene wrote:
Catfish wrote:Just found out my Crosswords episode is scheduled to air on February 19 nationwide, ie, in all markets, ie, first half hour in markets with two episodes.
Great! Another friend of mine got word of his December 31 airdate on Wednesday, so I guess they might have worked out the entire remaining schedule and have hundreds of people to notify at once. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll hear from them today.
I hope that you hear from them soon!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Retroactive good luck! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

plasticene

#10 Post by plasticene » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:34 pm

I still haven't got the call. I'm surprised that there are still going to be first-run episodes as late as February 19 since the last of the 225 episodes would normally air on February 13.

TiVo marked three of this week's episodes as reruns, so if that's not a mistake, it explains how the first-run episodes could extend to the 19th of February.

plasticene

#11 Post by plasticene » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Hooray! I finally did get my airdate: March 5, 2008, first show.

I'm sure some of you haven't yet purchased your 2008 calendars to note down the date :P , so I'll be sure to remind you when it's close!

I was right that they are showing some reruns this week. One of today's second-show contestants, at least here in LA, was Ellyn Ritterskamp!

Catfish

#12 Post by Catfish » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:32 pm

plasticene wrote:Hooray! I finally did get my airdate: March 5, 2008, first show.

I'm sure some of you haven't yet purchased your 2008 calendars to note down the date :P , so I'll be sure to remind you when it's close!

I was right that they are showing some reruns this week. One of today's second-show contestants, at least here in LA, was Ellyn Ritterskamp!
Yay!!!!
Catfish

mrkelley23

#13 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Congrats, you guys.

I hope I remember to set the DVR this time. I missed Skoop's dramatic victory.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#14 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:36 pm

plasticene wrote:Hooray! I finally did get my airdate: March 5, 2008, first show.

Yeah! Is that sweeps week? I am guessing that you set some sort of record.
Last edited by PlacentiaSoccerMom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#15 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing it, Plasticene. Can't wait!

Shade

#16 Post by Shade » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Catfish wrote:
Shade wrote:Is it easy to get on Crossword? so many people on this board get on. My Dad's friend Susan is excellent at crossword puzzles.

Those who try out are competing against fewer other hopefuls, so it's "easier" in that sense. The test and interview are about the same difficulty as for BAM and Jeopardy! Being excellent at crossword puzzles is a good start. How is she at doing a crossword puzzle when someone keeps grabbing it out of her hands? And how is she at spelling bees? Is she comfortable performing?

Taping has finished for this season, but encourage her to try out next season. The coordinators seemed eager to find good contestants.
Wow, I don't visit this fourm enough. I posted that days ago.

She is very intelligent, she is good with spelling. I'm not sure how fast her mind works when solving them though, and that is important.