Transcript 05/08/09 - Seth Green (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/08/09 - Seth Green (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri May 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Famous Names Week

Seth Green
New Haven, CT

Seth has a big smile and loves his famous name. This is even better than he dreamed, because in his dream he was knocked out earlier than this. Seth's wife Caitlyn, who's in the audience, thinks he's doing a great job--a little better than she thought he would, actually.

Question Topics:
* Hello, Dolly!
* Breaking Barriers
* Veto Power
* Vintage Books
* Body Piercings
* How Unusual
* (Political Families)
* (Three of a Kind)
* (For the Birds)
* (Web Surfing)
* (AKA)
* (Weight Watchers)
* (Warning!)
* (Mind Over Manners)
* (What a Zoo)

Seth still has his ATE lifeline with today's expert, Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings.

$25,000 * How Unusual
In his signature tune 'It's Not Unusual," lounge lizard Tom Jones sings that all of the following things are "not unusual" except what?

A: To have fun with anyone B: To be sad with anyone
C: To be mad with anyone D: To get kissed by anyone

Seth thinks he knows the answer, but with 8 seconds left, he decides to Ask The Expert.

Ken: Okay, you know, I don't know this song perfectly. I'm pretty sure have fun with anyone is in the song. But the others, I'm really struggling here. Ummm--You know it's very tempting for me to say B and C are probably in the song because they rhyme. It's like I can totally see that, which would leave D. But D sort of sound familiar, too, so that's--I'm not being much help for Seth.

Meredith: Is that it? The best you can do--

Seth: If I told you I thought it was C, what would you say? You just don't know?

Ken: I could definitely see C, you know. The two that I hear in the song are A and D, to tell you the truth.

Meredith: All right. So, Ken, you're leaning towards C, now, you think?

Ken: You know, I'm also leaning C. Except for A, I can't eliminate any of them for sure.

Seth goes with C. He leaves with $1,000.

Answer
D: To get kissed by anyone ( 3 )
-- Commercial Break --

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 05/08/09 - Seth Green (carryover)

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:28 pm

In the comfort of my room, I gave the right answer... but in the HS, I would've phoned a friend for confirmation.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#3 Post by sunflower » Sun May 10, 2009 4:38 pm

I didn't know the answer, like KJ, the only one I could eliminate for sure was A...that was a tough one!!

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Famous Names Week

Seth Green
New Haven, CT
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 * How Unusual
In his signature tune 'It's Not Unusual," lounge lizard Tom Jones sings that all of the following things are "not unusual" except what?

A: To have fun with anyone B: To be sad with anyone
C: To be mad with anyone D: To get kissed by anyone

Seth thinks he knows the answer, but with 8 seconds left, he decides to Ask The Expert.

Ken: Okay, you know, I don't know this song perfectly. I'm pretty sure have fun with anyone is in the song. But the others, I'm really struggling here. Ummm--You know it's very tempting for me to say B and C are probably in the song because they rhyme. It's like I can totally see that, which would leave D. But D sort of sound familiar, too, so that's--I'm not being much help for Seth.

Meredith: Is that it? The best you can do--

Seth: If I told you I thought it was C, what would you say? You just don't know?

Ken: I could definitely see C, you know. The two that I hear in the song are A and D, to tell you the truth.

Meredith: All right. So, Ken, you're leaning towards C, now, you think?

Ken: You know, I'm also leaning C. Except for A, I can't eliminate any of them for sure.

Seth goes with C. He leaves with $1,000.
Answer
D: To get kissed by anyone ( 3 )
OK, so KJ goes down on two pop culture questions. Unlike the Sawtelle question, however, I actually know this one. So I'd be going for $50K with three lifelines remaining.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."