Transcript 5/15/2009 - Stefanie Payne

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 5/15/2009 - Stefanie Payne

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun May 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Guest host Samantha Harris, co-host of "Dancing with the Stars"

Stefanie Payne
Alpharetta, GA
Programmer/Operator

Samantha says again that no one has walked away with less than $25K; Stefanie replies that that creates a lot of pressure.

Topic Tree:
- A Different Breed
- Cafes of the World
- On the Books
- Give Me a Hug
- Mars Exploration
- Name that Airport
- Big Band Leaders
- Speed Racer
- Sounds the Same
- Foreign Conflicts
- Tell-Alls
- On the Farm
- Motor Oil
- The Big Soak
- I Heart Game Shows

$100 - Contestants on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" are repeatedly asked "Is that your final" what?
A - answer
B - decision
C - conclusion
D - lifeline already?
Spoiler
A - answer (8)
$200 - Which of these physical reactions commonly results from soaking in a hot bath for a long period of time?
A - hair loss
B - shriveled skin
C - muscle cramps
D - bad breath
Spoiler
B - shriveled skin (8)
$300 - A nod to the location of the oil fields where it ws first produced, a well-known brand of motor oil has what state-inspired name?
A - Rhodezoil
B - Mainezoil
C - Pennzoil
D - Connzoil
Spoiler
Stefanie hasn't a clue but blurts out "B" as her final answer. A second or two passes and she suddenly looks shocked. "I screwed up", she says as Samantha tells her the right answer. Stefanie says that she did something she told herself not to do, which was to answer before reading all the choices. "I'm a dork," she adds.

C - Pennzoil (3)
commercial break

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Transcript 5/15/2009 - Stefanie Payne

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:12 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Guest host Samantha Harris, co-host of "Dancing with the Stars"

Stefanie Payne
Alpharetta, GA
Programmer/Operator

Samantha says again that no one has walked away with less than $25K; Stefanie replies that that creates a lot of pressure.

Topic Tree:
- A Different Breed
- Cafes of the World
- On the Books
- Give Me a Hug
- Mars Exploration
- Name that Airport
- Big Band Leaders
- Speed Racer
- Sounds the Same
- Foreign Conflicts
- Tell-Alls
- On the Farm
- Motor Oil
- The Big Soak
- I Heart Game Shows

$100 - Contestants on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" are repeatedly asked "Is that your final" what?
A - answer
B - decision
C - conclusion
D - lifeline already?
Spoiler
A - answer (8)
$200 - Which of these physical reactions commonly results from soaking in a hot bath for a long period of time?
A - hair loss
B - shriveled skin
C - muscle cramps
D - bad breath
Spoiler
B - shriveled skin (8)
$300 - A nod to the location of the oil fields where it ws first produced, a well-known brand of motor oil has what state-inspired name?
A - Rhodezoil
B - Mainezoil
C - Pennzoil
D - Connzoil
Spoiler
Stefanie hasn't a clue but blurts out "B" as her final answer. A second or two passes and she suddenly looks shocked. "I screwed up", she says as Samantha tells her the right answer. Stefanie says that she did something she told herself not to do, which was to answer before reading all the choices. "I'm a dork," she adds.

C - Pennzoil (3)
commercial break

I feel her pain but me and Arnold Palmer knew the answer.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Spoiler
ARUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:56 am

TDC® claims another one.

Rafferbee

#5 Post by Rafferbee » Mon May 18, 2009 5:27 am

This contestant highlights the importance of future contestants practicing with the clock at home before going on the show. 15 seconds should be second nature by the time you're in the HS.

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 am

She was so nervous and so over herself with fear - the outcome was determined before she was asked the first question.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Mon May 18, 2009 6:05 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Guest host Samantha Harris, co-host of "Dancing with the Stars"

Stefanie Payne
Alpharetta, GA
Programmer/Operator

Cue the ominous organ music...
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$300 - A nod to the location of the oil fields where it ws first produced, a well-known brand of motor oil has what state-inspired name?
A - Rhodezoil
B - Mainezoil
C - Pennzoil
D - Connzoil
Spoiler

C - Pennzoil (3)
commercial break
I think it's obvious that either Stefanie was affected by a fatal case of Hotseatitis or TDC® really had her flustered.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Mon May 18, 2009 6:42 am

peacock2121 wrote:She was so nervous and so over herself with fear - the outcome was determined before she was asked the first question.
And isn't this a primary reason for auditions in the first place? To eliminate those potential contestants who will be overly nervous and panic when on stage?

I was told years ago during both my WoF and the pre-online-test J! auditions that the tests and interviews were meant to be more intense than the show itself, because they didn't want people who might freeze when actually playing the game. Personality is one thing, but the ability to perform under pressure should be a major concern for the APs. I'm sure this player was terrific during the audition and interview. They forgot to check something very important, though. Net result: major embarassment and wasted travel expense for this contestant, and very uncompelling television.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Appa23

#9 Post by Appa23 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:08 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:TDC® claims another one.
Sorry, I am not buying the "clock" excuse.

There were plenty of llamas giving stupid answers and having "brain farts" before the clock, and there still would be contestants missing questions and wasting lifelines early even if TPTB eliminated the clock.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 18, 2009 7:14 am

Appa23 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:TDC® claims another one.
Sorry, I am not buying the "clock" excuse.

There were plenty of llamas giving stupid answers and having "brain farts" before the clock, and there still would be contestants missing questions and wasting lifelines early even if TPTB eliminated the clock.
Fine, don't buy it. It's not for sale, anyway.

But Stefanie did say she wanted to avoid the mistake of rushing through a question without reading it carefully. IF TDC hadn't been ticking down, she might have taken a deep breath and accomplished that. Maybe not, maybe she or others would still make this mistake, as llamas have before, but TDC is always there now, squeezing out the chance for those suffering Hotseatitis to recover.