Transcript 05/19/2009 Jody Michlitsch

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/19/2009 Jody Michlitsch

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue May 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Jody Michlitsch
Eagan, MN
(currently unemployed)
auditioned in MN
Helpful advice from her 7-year-old niece when she told her she might be on the show (and had a bad hair day): "You should look prettier"

Topic Tree
Man's Best Friend
The Supremes
Card Sharps
Who Are We
Saved at Sea
Index Listings
In Shape
Soccer
Please Donate
Whistle Blowers
Get a Clue
Call the Cops
Eat It
The Body Human
Knock Knock

$100 (Knock Knock):
A person is commonly said to have attended the "school of hard knocks" if they have experienced what?
A. Sudden wealth B. Misfortune and hardship
C. Passionate romance D. Marriage to Madonna
Spoiler
B. Misfortune and hardship (:05)

$200 (The Body Human):
Which of these body parts features a part called the "root" that anchors it to the jawbone?
A. Kneecap B. Eardrum
C. Tooth D. Eyelid
Spoiler
C. Tooth (:06)

$300 (Eat It):
Which of these companies belongs to a group of large American companies often referred to as "Big Food"?
A. Ford B. ExxonMobil
C. Google D. PepsiCo
Spoiler
D. PepsiCo (:09)

$500 (Call the Cops):
Like graffiti, "scratchiti" is a form of what misconduct?
A. Panhandling B. Arson
C. Vandalism D. Battery
Spoiler
C. Vandalism [:08]

$1000 (Get a Clue):
Which of these '80s TV shows appears in reruns on the cable network Sleuth?
A. Magnum, P.I. B. Pee-Wee's Playhouse
C. The Golden Girls D. Thirtysomething
Spoiler
A. Magnum, P.I. (:03)

ATE introduced (Jim Kramer, host on CNBC's “Mad Money”)

$2000 (Whistle Blowers):
What song features the lyric, "When you hear the whistle blowin' eight to the bar, then you know that Tennessee is not very far"?
A. Chattanooga Choo Choo B. Flying Down to Rio
C. Midnight Train to Georgia D. By the Time I Get to Phoenix
Spoiler
A. Chattanooga Choo Choo [:18]

$4000 (Please Donate):
According to the American Red Cross, roughly how much blood is collected during a typical donation from the average adult?
A. Half pint B. One pint
C. Two pints D. Three pints

ATA (:16)
ATA
ATA: A-4% B-91% C-2% D-3%
Spoiler
B. One pint (:13)

Commercial break

Says she is unemployed for several months, fifth layoff. Was worried about the costs of the trip.

Brought her mom Carol, her first trip to NY

$8000 (Soccer):
Because of the way the player's legs move, the difficult soccer maneuver known as a "scissors kick" is also known as a what?
A. Helicopter kick B. Butterfly kick
C. Carousel kick D. Bicycle kick

Says she has never played soccer and is not sure.

PAF (:05)

Choices
Ted, Oakland, CA
Carla, Wrenshall, MN
Michael, St. Paul, MN
Spoiler
Mike- asks to repeat choices, then time runs out before he can provide an answer
Spoiler
She decides to guess A as time was running out

D. Bicycle kick (:01)

Jody left with $1000

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Transcript 05/19/2009 Jody Michlitsch

#2 Post by Estonut » Wed May 20, 2009 2:36 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 (The Body Human):
Which of these body parts features a part called the "root" that anchors it to the jawbone?
A. Kneecap B. Eardrum
C. Tooth D. Eyelid
Spoiler
C. Tooth (:06)
The answer they intended is obvious, but only half of a set of teeth are anchored to the jawbone.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 am

$8K: I know nothing about soccer, so I'll have to ask the audience.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:$8K: I know nothing about soccer, so I'll have to ask the audience.
I knew the bicycle kick was the move I remember Pele doing when he first played in the States, but I did not know it was also called the scissor kick...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed May 20, 2009 5:38 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jody Michlitsch
Eagan, MN
(currently unemployed)
auditioned in MN
Helpful advice from her 7-year-old niece when she told her she might be on the show (and had a bad hair day): "You should look prettier"
<*Sigh*> The show isn't about looks, it's SUPPOSED to be about trivia knowledge.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000 (Soccer):
Because of the way the player's legs move, the difficult soccer maneuver known as a "scissors kick" is also known as a what?

Choices
Ted, Oakland, CA
Carla, Wrenshall, MN
Michael, St. Paul, MN
Spoiler
Mike- asks to repeat choices, then time runs out before he can provide an answer
Spoiler

I'm not sure why she picked the answer she did; given that "scissors kick" is also a swimming kick she might have bone with "butterfly". Having four sons who played soccer certainly helped me know this one.

Nihil obstat®.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 am

earendel wrote:

Choices
Ted, Oakland, CA
Carla, Wrenshall, MN
Michael, St. Paul, MN
Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm not sure why she picked the answer she did; given that "scissors kick" is also a swimming kick she might have bone with "butterfly". Having four sons who played soccer certainly helped me know this one.
I've heard of a bicycle kick, but I can't recall what it looks like. Sitting in the audience, I couldn't imaging pedaling a bicycle to be a "scissors" motion, so I was leaning towards butterfly kick. :(

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#7 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:

Choices
Ted, Oakland, CA
Carla, Wrenshall, MN
Michael, St. Paul, MN
Spoiler
Spoiler

I've heard of a bicycle kick, but I can't recall what it looks like. Sitting in the audience, I couldn't imaging pedaling a bicycle to be a "scissors" motion, so I was leaning towards butterfly kick. :(

Ask and ye shall receive.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote: I'm not sure why she picked the answer she did; given that "scissors kick" is also a swimming kick she might have bone with "butterfly". Having four sons who played soccer certainly helped me know this one.

Found it!!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote: I'm not sure why she picked the answer she did; given that "scissors kick" is also a swimming kick she might have bone with "butterfly". Having four sons who played soccer certainly helped me know this one.

Even on one of those recumbent bicycles, Pele's legs wouldn't move like that! :P

NellyLunatic1980

#10 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 am

earendel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: I've heard of a bicycle kick, but I can't recall what it looks like. Sitting in the audience, I couldn't imaging pedaling a bicycle to be a "scissors" motion, so I was leaning towards butterfly kick. :(

Found it!!
And yet, nobody has found mine yet.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:25 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
earendel wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
Found it!!
Did kt already post about his shark swimming escapades?

NellyLunatic1980

#12 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:39 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
earendel wrote: Found it!!
It won't be there.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:51 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote: And yet, nobody has found mine yet.
It won't be there.

Hmmmm, didn't one of the network fall lineups include a show called "Shark.......or something Shark"?

NellyLunatic1980

#14 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:03 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote: Did kt already post about his shark swimming escapades?
It won't be there.

Hmmmm, didn't one of the network fall lineups include a show called "Shark.......or something Shark"?
You're getting warmer.

Appa23

#15 Post by Appa23 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: I've heard of a bicycle kick, but I can't recall what it looks like. Sitting in the audience, I couldn't imaging pedaling a bicycle to be a "scissors" motion, so I was leaning towards butterfly kick. :(

Even on one of those recumbent bicycles, Pele's legs wouldn't move like that! :P
Think of moving the pedals of a bike in reverse. That is the general action of a "bicycle kick".

Here is my favorite video of a Pele bicycle kick (rather than "merely" an overhead or side volley).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnxiLjgpsU (Begin watching at about the 0:55 mark)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:24 am

Appa23 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
Think of moving the pedals of a bike in reverse. That is the general action of a "bicycle kick".

Here is my favorite video of a Pele bicycle kick (rather than "merely" an overhead or side volley).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnxiLjgpsU (Begin watching at about the 0:55 mark)

I know that I managed to miss this movie. Victory? Was Stallone in this? Did you enjoy this movie?

Appa23

#17 Post by Appa23 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:07 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Appa23 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Even on one of those recumbent bicycles, Pele's legs wouldn't move like that! :P

I know that I managed to miss this movie. Victory? Was Stallone in this? Did you enjoy this movie?
My wife would be laughing right now, if she read your question.

Yes, "Escape to Victory" featured Sly Stallone, Michael Caine, and Max Von Sydow, as well as Anton Diffring, Pele, Bobby Moore, Werner Roth, Kevin O'Callaghan, John Wark, Osvaldo Ardiles (Man of the Match), Soren Lindsted, Paul von Himst, Co Prins, Mike Summerbbe, Russell Osman, Hallvar Thoresen, and other pro players.

There was an entire website devoted to the match in the movie, with running commentary, as if it was a real game.

It is my favorite movie, to the point where I purchased a replica jersey of the Allies. :)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#18 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Appa23 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
Appa23 wrote: Think of moving the pedals of a bike in reverse. That is the general action of a "bicycle kick".

Yes, "Escape to Victory" featured Sly Stallone, Michael Caine, and Max Von Sydow, as well as Anton Diffring, Pele, Bobby Moore, Werner Roth, Kevin O'Callaghan, John Wark, Osvaldo Ardiles (Man of the Match), Soren Lindsted, Paul von Himst, Co Prins, Mike Summerbbe, Russell Osman, Hallvar Thoresen, and other pro players.

There was an entire website devoted to the match in the movie, with running commentary, as if it was a real game.

It is my favorite movie, to the point where I purchased a replica jersey of the Allies. :)

Stallone was the goalkeeper? Maybe I did see this. They used the game to engineer an escape. Maybe Sly had never played soccer before. Was the soccer action believable other than the German defender punching Pele in the chest?

Appa23

#19 Post by Appa23 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Appa23 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Stallone was the goalkeeper? Maybe I did see this. They used the game to engineer an escape. Maybe Sly had never played soccer before. Was the soccer action believable other than the German defender punching Pele in the chest?
Yes, Stallone was the keeper. (He trained under Gordon Banks for the movie.)

The match was going to be used to help the POWs escape at "halftime, Hatch, halftime!" However, despite being down 4-0 and physically battered, those plucky POWs actually think that they can win. :shock: Pele and the boys manage to convince Hatch to return for the 2nd Half.

I found aspects of the game action to be very realistic. (Although, Nazi fix or not, I am amazed at how badly the referee and linesmanbotch the offsides rule, as occurs in the match.)

In fact, the punching to the gut were part of that realism. In tight spaces, defenders often get "physical" in their handling of opposing, attacking players. It was made bigger, I am sure, to allow for hte camera to pick up on the action.

In posting that video clip, however, I noted that the "live action" of Pele's goal differed from the later "slo motion" versions. In the former, his shot has less of a degree of near-verticality and has a lesser degree of "bicycle" action. I am sure that they had him do several takes, and then used two different takes.

However, if Pele tried to get away with all of that fancy dribbling in a real game, you can bet that a defender like me would have dumped him on his backside, pronto. ;)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#20 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Appa23 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
Appa23 wrote: My wife would be laughing right now, if she read your question.

Yes, Stallone was the keeper. (He trained under Gordon Banks for the movie.)

The match was going to be used to help the POWs escape at "halftime, Hatch, halftime!" However, despite being down 4-0 and physically battered, those plucky POWs actually think that they can win. :shock: Pele and the boys manage to convince Hatch to return for the 2nd Half.

I found aspects of the game action to be very realistic. (Although, Nazi fix or not, I am amazed at how badly the referee and linesmanbotch the offsides rule, as occurs in the match.)

In fact, the punching to the gut were part of that realism. In tight spaces, defenders often get "physical" in their handling of opposing, attacking players. It was made bigger, I am sure, to allow for hte camera to pick up on the action.

In posting that video clip, however, I noted that the "live action" of Pele's goal differed from the later "slo motion" versions. In the former, his shot has less of a degree of near-verticality and has a lesser degree of "bicycle" action. I am sure that they had him do several takes, and then used two different takes.

However, if Pele tried to get away with all of that fancy dribbling in a real game, you can bet that a defender like me would have dumped him on his backside, pronto. ;)
Would you have been able to keep up with him?