Transcript 12/07/2007 - Ross Radusky

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/07/2007 - Ross Radusky

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:36 am

Ross Radusky
Rockaway Beach, NJ

Meredith says that Ross looks like he's full of energy.

$100 - Which of these musical instruments shares its name with a common geometric figure?

A - oboe
B - triangle
C - harp
D - parallelobugle

Ross played the triangle in school; so did Meredith.

$200 - Which of these drugstore brands features a cartoon image of a stork on its Web site?

A - Pantene
B - Huggies
C - Dr. Scholl's
D - Listerine

$300 - A person who is struggling to survive is said to be "trying to keep his head above" what?

A - water
B - the clouds
C - the street
D - smoke

Ross says that getting to this level was his goal.

$500 - Often used to refer to a tough negotiation strategy, "hardball" is another name for what sport?

A - basketball
B - football
C - baseball
D - tennis

The only actual hard ball used in any of those sports is a baseball.

$1K - Someone who fixes things using makeshift items is often jokingly compared to what popular TV character?

A - Hawkeye
B - Dr. Huxtable
C - Agent Mulder
D - MacGyver

Ross knows Dr. Huxtable but some of the others are before his time. Meredith says, "Nice". Ross decides to ask the audience.

ATA results:
A - 7%
B - 2%
C - 0%
D - 91%

Meredith reminds Ross that the last contestant trusted the audience and was wrong. This could be major redemption or very bad. Patrick was told that New York audiences were the best, so throwing caution to the winds he goes with their answer. "Major redemption!" Meredith exclaims when the answer is revealed.

Commercial break

Ross is 20 years old, on a full academic scholarship to Queens College. He wants to go to medical school. Meredith asks if he has any specialty in mind. He's interested in orthopedic surgery - he likes the bones. Ross's mother Bonnie is in the audience. Some day she may be able to say "My son the millionaire doctor." Meredith quips, "No bones about it - let's play."

$2K - "Dentifrico" is the Spanish word for which of these toiletries?

A - shaving cream
B - toothpaste
C - hairspray
D - shampoo

Ross assumes that "dent" refers to teeth or mouth and the only one of the products that goes in the mouth is toothpaste.

$4K - A child starting kindergarten in September of 2007 will ordinarily graduate from high school in what year?

A - 2018
B - 2019
C - 2020
D - 2021

Ross counts on his fingers as he comments that 12 years of school plus one year of kindergarten would mean adding 12 to 2007. He enumerates the years while counting on his fingers to come up with the right answer. "I'm exhausted!" Meredith says afterward.

Commercial break

Meredith says she's glad Ross can count. It's a tricky question.

$8K - Woodward and Bernstein, the dynamic duo who rose to fame as journalists during the Watergate scandal, have what first names?

A - Luke and David
B - Bob and Carl
C - John and Aaron
D - Michael and Ray

Science is more Ross's category. He decides to phone his friend Jeremy."Bring it on, Ross!" Jeremy says. Ross paraphrases the question, and Jeremy immediately answers. He's 99.9% sure. They do a little small talk to fill the rest of the time.

THE HORN!!!!!

Ross will be back on Monday with his 50/50 still available.

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (triangle)
$200 - B (Huggies)
$300 - A (water)
$500 - C (baseball)
$1K - D (MacGyver)
$2K - B (toothpaste)
$4K - C (2020)
$8K - B (Bob and Carl)

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 12/07/2007 - Ross Radusky

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:30 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Ross Radusky
Rockaway Beach, NJ
WE®

And nihil obstat®

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:13 am

Rockaway Beach, NJ

He's a WE®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K - Someone who fixes things using makeshift items is often jokingly compared to what popular TV character?

A - Hawkeye
B - Dr. Huxtable
C - Agent Mulder
D - MacGyver

Ross knows Dr. Huxtable but some of the others are before his time. Meredith says, "Nice". Ross decides to ask the audience.

ATA results:
A - 7%
B - 2%
C - 0%
D - 91%

Meredith reminds Ross that the last contestant trusted the audience and was wrong. This could be major redemption or very bad. Patrick was told that New York audiences were the best, so throwing caution to the winds he goes with their answer. "Major redemption!" Meredith exclaims when the answer is revealed.
Meredith's "Nice" comment was said in a tone that made me laugh. All of these shows were definitely before Ross' time (he's a 20-something).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - A child starting kindergarten in September of 2007 will ordinarily graduate from high school in what year?

A - 2018
B - 2019
C - 2020
D - 2021

Ross counts on his fingers as he comments that 12 years of school plus one year of kindergarten would mean adding 12 to 2007. He enumerates the years while counting on his fingers to come up with the right answer. "I'm exhausted!" Meredith says afterward.
So was I. At first I thought he was going to forget to add the kindergarten year and go with "C", but then he recounted on his fingers and remembered.

It's nihil obstat® for me.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:50 am

Rockaway Beach, NJ
Rockaway Beach is in NY: Queens, NY, just south of JFK airport.

Even more Where Else than New Jersey! :P

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:59 am

Rockaway Beach, NJ

$4K - A child starting kindergarten in September of 2007 will ordinarily graduate from high school in what year?

A - 2018
B - 2019
C - 2020
D - 2021

Anyone else think that this question was overvalued. $4000 for simple addition?

Of course, seeing that I had a child start kindergarten in August 2007, I am well familiar with the year that she will graduate. :wink:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:24 am

Appa23 wrote:
Rockaway Beach, NJ

A - 2018
B - 2019
C - 2020
D - 2021
If somebody has a case of nerves, it may difficult to figure out.

Of course, seeing that I had a child start kindergarten in August 2007, I am well familiar with the year that she will graduate. :wink:

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:41 am

Appa23 wrote:
Rockaway Beach, NJ

A - 2018
B - 2019
C - 2020
D - 2021

Prolly because it's one step more than simple addition, i.e., you had to remember to add the kindergarten year in. I also sometimes get crossed up by forgetting that if you start in 2007, you end in 2008. So there are a couple of wrinkles in this question that might confuse someone with HotSeatitis.

That being said, I do think they've gotten far sloppier about question valuation. Maybe that's on purpose, to make it harder to gauge when questions start having tricks in them, or maybe it's just a less-talented writing pool. But it's definitely there.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:57 am

so far so good.

Someone so young that Woodward & Bernstein are ancient history, is, well, young.