Anyone in Chicago this weekend?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
JBillyGirl

Anyone in Chicago this weekend?

#1 Post by JBillyGirl » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:33 am

I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend for a wedding. I'm booked through Saturday morning, but Saturday afternoon/evening I may be free. (I'd like to visit the Shedd Aquarium.) Don't know if anyone here lives there, but I thought I'd check.

earendel

Re: Anyone in Chicago this weekend?

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:21 am

JBillyGirl wrote:I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend for a wedding. I'm booked through Saturday morning, but Saturday afternoon/evening I may be free. (I'd like to visit the Shedd Aquarium.) Don't know if anyone here lives there, but I thought I'd check.
Merv Griffin's Crosswords is having auditions in Chicago this Saturday. I don't know any of the details but there is a thread that talks about this.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Catfish

Re: Anyone in Chicago this weekend?

#3 Post by Catfish » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:17 am

JBillyGirl wrote:I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend for a wedding. I'm booked through Saturday morning, but Saturday afternoon/evening I may be free. (I'd like to visit the Shedd Aquarium.) Don't know if anyone here lives there, but I thought I'd check.
Jess!!! I'll be at the Crosswords audition, but I need to leave the city by 4:00 at the latest because we have theater tickets for that evening. The guy said the audtition should only take an hour to an hour-and-a-half but then said to allow 3 hours :?

Hey! You should audtition! It's at 12:00 at the NBC tower, which is near where the river meets the lake, just north of the loop. You need to register first, but I got the idea there were numerous spots available. Just call the phone number on the Web site http://www.crosswords.tv/contestant-search.aspx (or e-mail or call me, and I'll give it to you).

Do you still have my e-mail address and phone number?
Catfish

JBillyGirl

#4 Post by JBillyGirl » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:24 am

Hiya Catfish!!!

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but my access to the Internet has been extremely limited since I left NJ on Thursday morning and I couldn't get here until just now. I've actually made plans for the day, but let's do try to hook up some time in the future, maybe when you're in the NYC/NJ area. Best of luck at the audition!