Annie, Fanny, and other Classical fans

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

Annie, Fanny, and other Classical fans

#1 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:11 pm

Thanks to a couple of threads here (Christmas listening and the QoD on Classical themes in pop music, I have stumbled across what may become my new favorite album of all time. If you haven't listened yet, I highly recommend it:

http://www.briansetzer.com/discography. ... 325&page=1

I was making my own CD of Christmas music, with an assist from Napster, when I searched on Setzer to get the list of songs on his Christmas album. Much to my surprise, this album also came up.

Woohoo!1
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#2 Post by AnnieCamaro » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:41 pm

Thank you, Mr. mr! I think I will like this very much, because I've listened to Mr. Brian's swingy music before, and I thought it was pretty good, although it was no Mr. Mozart. Now, this seems like the best of all worlds, and it is Mr. Mozart.

I already asked my mom, and she said she would buy it for me. I am so happy, because usually she says no when I ask her to buy things.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:52 pm

That is quite a find. Thanks, Mr K! :D

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks for sharing!

Have you heard this one:

It's one of the three or four Christmas CDs I own.

fantine33

#5 Post by fantine33 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:13 pm

I like Brian Setzer, but I was not aware of this album. In fact, the only one I know for sure I have is Jump, Jive and Wail. Or that's on it, anyway.

But anything with Eine Kleine Nachtmusic is okay with me! I'll have to add this onto my Amazon "hold until I have enough for free shipping" list.

Ha! on the juxtapositioning of names in the topic title, btw.

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:14 pm

We buy one new Christmas CD a year, and this is one we bought the first year it came out.

I've enjoyed just about everything Setzer's ever done, including the Stray Cats.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:40 pm

fantine33 wrote: But anything with Eine Kleine Nachtmusic is okay with me!
Stephen has to play this on the viola for class. Inexplicably, Rain Man calls it The Kitchen Symphony. Maybe there was a faucet commercial that used it. I try to figure out how that child's mind works, and strike out waaaay too often...