Farewell Luncheon

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Farewell Luncheon

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:48 am

My awesome co-workers took me to lunch on Friday. They are all quite upset that I am moving too. They had ordered a recognition gift for me from the gov't services, for "teamwork above and beyond the call of duty", and they also all chipped in and got me a beautiful set of earrings, a necklace and a spa produced "magic bag" for my tender neck, for basically throwing myself under the bus for them. I almost cried, but held it in as there are two of them that can also cry at the drop of a hat. (just as a comparison, in case there are some who think I am being moved as I'm a problem in my area, the SfromH left one evening after everyone else was gone and didnt say goodbye or even KMA)

My last day there is tomorrow, but most of my things are already moved to the new area. Monday will be a final clean up, desk and computer (gotta get those book marks outta there LOL) and a bit more training for one of the others who will be backfilling my position.

I've met most of the new co-workers, and it looks like a fun area to work. The new job involves mostly phone work. We are the contact point for Health enquiries, and Seniors issues. The area is described as "the place where they know everything about all issues, or know who knows." We are expected to attend seminars, courses, and other information sessions. Previously it was strongly discouraged to try to improve oneself.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:53 am

Saucy, I think your new job sounds wonderful! You will be a blessing to so many people who need your help. I'm sure you'll also be able to keep in touch with your former co-workers -- the ones who count.

That old chesnut about "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" will really mean something this week.

Best wishes.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:55 am

Good luck!!

Hope everything turns out just the way you want it to.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Sounds like an awesome move - good for you - good for everyone.

Enjoy your new job!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Your new job will be fabulous!

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Good grief I totally missed that the old job was going bye-bye. I am glad that you have a new one, & hope it suits you well.

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:36 pm

Congrats on the new job where you will be free to learn more stuff. Too bad you have to leave some folks behind that you like. I had that same experience in June, though at least we're all in the same building and I still get to see them.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

mrkelley23

#8 Post by mrkelley23 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 pm

Congrats on the move, Saucy. Lateral or not, it sounds like a good fit for you.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:50 pm

You did a good deed for your coworkers, Saucy, and it's nice to know they all appreciate it. Good luck with your new assignment!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#10 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:21 pm

Good luck! I know you'll be great in your new job.