Bad news from Colorado

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Bad news from Colorado

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Again, I'm so sorry to read about so much misery at a time that should be about peace and joy.

Condolences to the families and friends of all the victims . . .

ARVADA, Colo., Dec. 9 (UPI) -- Shootings at two church facilities in Colorado Sunday left at least two people dead and at least six wounded.

Tiffany Johnson, 26, of Minnesota and Philip Crouse, 24, of Alaska, were killed and two others were wounded when a man seeking shelter opened fire at a dormitory at the Youth with a Mission center in Arvada, The Denver Post reported.

Police said Johnson apparently told the man the facility had no place for him, and was about to tell him she could help him look for someplace else to stay when he took out a gun and starting shooting.

After shooting the four victims, the man ran.

The wounded staffers are men in their early 20s. One was listed in critical condition, and the other was listed as stable, the Post said.

About 45 missionary students were in the dorm when the shooting occurred about 12:30 a.m.

In a separate incident, KOAA-TV in Colorado Springs reported four people were shot at New Life Church. Three of the victims were taken to a hospital, where one was in critical condition, one was in fair condition and one was in good condition.

Police had one suspect in custody but were refusing to confirm reports a suspect had been shot.

KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs said two gunmen may have been involved in the 1 p.m. shooting. The station said police scanner traffic indicated many people were hiding throughout the building.

New Life, which has about 10,000 members, was founded by the Rev. Ted Haggard -- who was fired in 2006 after public disclosure he had a long-running relationship with a former male prostitute.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

a1mamacat

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:09 pm

A horrible time. Prayers to everyone
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:23 pm

I hate reading about stuff like this.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 pm

I just don't get it....the innocent people involved....seemingly just random innocent people. I was really sorry when I heard this on the news.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#5 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Add this to the mall shooting, and I'm glad I did most of my stuff online. I still need to get those little things like the gift cards for the bus drivers and the fruitcake for my m-i-l's friend that I have to get in with the crowds.

Maybe I'll borrow my b-i-l's Kevlar vest...

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Sprots, you've just explained a lot to me. I called my mom in Colorado a little while ago, and I didn't really understand some of the stuff she was telling me. Here, the only news I've seen all day has been about the weather, because ice is piling up on every surface and almost everyplace seems to be closing tomorrow.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:38 pm

I hope you have everything you need. It was 78 degrees and sunny here today. We are lunch out by the pool and it was HOT!

Stay warm and be careful.