Transcript 6/15/2009 - Nicole Tatum-Hall (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 6/15/2009 - Nicole Tatum-Hall (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Meredith returns.

Nicole Tatum-Hall
Brooklyn, NY
Probation Officer

Backstage, Nicole had told Meredith that she couldn't wait to get back to the questions. She says that she would like to use the money to establish roots in Brooklyn by buying a house.

Topic Tree
- Personal Effects
- Fancy Words
- Big in Japan
- Old Man River
- Wide Open Skies
- Painting Party
- Foreign Festivals
- Name's the Same
- Best Sellers
- Halls of Fame
- Ten-Hut!
- Poultry
- In Other Words
- Web Sites
- Say a Little Prayer

3 Lifelines left - Phone a Friend, Ask the Expert, Double Dip
Expert - Ashleigh Banfield, truTV correspondent, who has recently become an American citizen. She proudly waves her little flag. "I feel like a fellow Millionaire-ican!"

$16,000 - Billed as "the largest tomato fight in the world," La Tomatina is a festival held annually in the Buñol village of what country?
A - Costa Rica
B - Mexico
C - Spain
D - Argentina

Nicole wishes to PAF, stopping the clock at 16 seconds. Nicole's PAF list consists of her uncle Benjamin from Washington, D.C., her friend Adele from Flushing, N.Y., and her grandpa Roger from Burbank, Cal. She chooses her grandpa Roger.
PAF Results
Nicole repeats the question and choices word-for-word. At 17 seconds she is done reading, but Roger asks her to repeat the choices, as well as what the name of the festival is. With 5 seconds left, he says "I have no clue, I would say..." but she cuts him off with "Thank you, Grandpa."
Nicole decides to ATE with 11 seconds on the clock.
ATE Results
Ashleigh is pretty certain that it is in Spain, because "the video is awesome."
Spoiler
A - Spain (7 seconds)
$25,000 - What artist popularized the use of the elephant and donkey as symbols of our two main political parties?
A - James Montgomery Flagg
B - Norman Rockwell
C - Winsor McCay
D - Thomas Nast

Nicole stares at the question in silence as Meredith reminds her that she still has the DD, but that it would be a gamble. Nicole lets the time run out, saying that she is just not sure, and walks with $16,000.
Spoiler
D - Thomas Nast
commercial break

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Transcript 6/15/2009 - Nicole Tatum-Hall (carryover)

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:00 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$16,000 - Billed as "the largest tomato fight in the world," La Tomatina is a festival held annually in the Buñol village of what country?
A - Costa Rica
B - Mexico
C - Spain
D - Argentina

Nicole wishes to PAF, stopping the clock at 16 seconds. Nicole's PAF list consists of her uncle Benjamin from Washington, D.C., her friend Adele from Flushing, N.Y., and her grandpa Roger from Burbank, Cal. She chooses her grandpa Roger.
I think Grandpa Roger is an actor. His head shot seemed vaguely familiar to me. Did anybody recognize him or come up with a more complete name?
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:49 am

Nihil obstat®

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:51 am

silvercamaro wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
A - Costa Rica
B - Mexico
C - Spain
D - Argentina

I think Grandpa Roger is an actor. His head shot seemed vaguely familiar to me. Did anybody recognize him or come up with a more complete name?
I said the same thing - then his voice totally fit the voice I had associated with that face.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith returns.

Nicole Tatum-Hall
Brooklyn, NY
Probation Officer

Backstage, Nicole had told Meredith that she couldn't wait to get back to the questions. She says that she would like to use the money to establish roots in Brooklyn by buying a house.
Same thing she said to Shaun Robinson on Friday.

Nihil obstat®. I'd have been going for the $50K with all lifelines remaining.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."