Transcript 6/15/2009 - Megan Rafferty Barnes

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 6/15/2009 - Megan Rafferty Barnes

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Megan Rafferty Barnes
Baltimore, MD
After School Coordinator

Meredith says that Megan is a self-described as "kind of a nerd," before Megan corrects her saying that she is definitely a nerd. Megan proves it by saying she was a Mathlete in high school (the audience cheers at this) as well as a band geek. She loves museums and is trying to get to all of them in Baltimore. Meredith agrees that, yes, Megan is a nerd. Megan is also very happy with her job as an after school coordinator, where she can give kids in her neighborhood an opportunity to have something to do.

Topic Tree
- Thomas Edison
- Hello, Gov'nor!
- Harry Potter
- Chieftains
- The Meatball
- At the Museum
- The Good Doctor
- On the Money
- The Numbers Game
- Spokeswomen
- The Beatles
- Online Sales
- Get a Room!
- Mother Teresa
- On One Condition

$100 - In many people, which of these conditions results in an inability to distinguish red from green?
A - Swimmer's ear
B - Color blindness
C - Hayfever
D - Stupidity
Spoiler
B - Colorblindness (6)
$200 - Which of these people would most likely be slangily dubbed a "Mother Teresa"?
A - Do-gooder
B - Bully
C - Slop
D - Coward
Spoiler
A - Do-gooder (10)
$300 - Though it sounds like a movie awards category, which of the following is actually the name of a hotel chain?
A - Best Musical
B - Best Comedy
C - Best Western
D - Best Thriller
Spoiler
C - Best Western (7)
$500 - Who is the star of a DVD series sold on the Web site Letsloseweightamerica.com?
A - Suze Orman
B - Dr. Ruth
C - Richard Simmons
D - Bob Vila
Spoiler
C - Richard Simmons (7)
$1,000 - What Beatles song features the lyric "All my troubles seemed so far away"?
A - Help!
B - Ticket to Ride
C - Nowhere Man
D - Yesterday
Spoiler
D - Yesterday (8)
Meredith compliments Megan's smile.

$2,000 - Cover Girl's Queen Collection is a cosmetics line named for its spokeswoman, who is both an actress and a what?
A - Folk singer
B - Hip-hop artist
C - Professional athlete
D - Runway model
Spoiler
B - Hip Hop Artist (19)
$4,000 - In mathematics, a ratio is commonly expressed using two numbers separated which of these punctuation marks?
A - Apostrophe
B - Question mark
C - Colon
D - Exclamation point
Spoiler
C - Colon (24)
commercial break

Megan and her husband would like to start a family, but money is tough to come by. To save money, they are sleeping on an old secondhand futon that kind of folds in the middle. Meredith sassily says, "Yeah, if you wanna start a family, you need a new bed." She is eight away "from a new bed and whatever else you need."

$8,000 - What U.S. state's commemorative quarter featuers a map of the present-day United States, minus Alaska and Hawaii?
A - Vermont
B - Louisiana
C - Oregon
D - West Virginia

Megan wastes no time in stopping the clock at 24 seconds, wishing to ATA.
ATA Results
A - 15%
B - 25%
C - 39%
D - 21%
Someone in the audience very audibly says "Oh, no!"

Megan, again, quickly stops the clock at 22 seconds to PAF. Her PAF list consists of Eugene from Northbrook, Ill., Mike from Mosine, Wis., and Reagan from somewhere that was cut off by the bottom of my TV (sorry). Megan decides to call Mike.
PAF results
Megan reads the question and choices word-for-word, finishing with 20 seconds left. Mike confidently responds that the answer is Louisiana, since the quarter commemorated the Louisiana Purchase. She asks if he is sure, and he says to go with it for certain. The call is over with 6 seconds left. The audience cheers.
Spoiler
B - Louisiana (19)
$16,000 - Who is Dr. Egon Spengler?
A - Robin Williams in "Awakenings"
B - Ed Harris in "Apollo 13"
C - Kiefer Sutherland in "Flatliners"
D - Harold Ramis in "Ghostbusters"

Megan had thought of the answer before it came up.
Spoiler
D - Harold Ramis in "Ghostbusters" (16)
commercial break

Meredith reiterates that Megan and her husband, Matthew, are in need of a new bed as well as some other furniture. She notes the upcoming category, At the Museum, as hopefully being "right up the geek alley" for Megan, a museum lover.

$25,000 - Which of these painters is known for his prominent use of gold leaf?
A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

Megan decides to ATE with 13 seconds left. Ashleigh says that art is not her greatest area.
ATE results
Ashleigh can exclude Seurat. She is hoping to be able to knock off at least one other answer so that Megan can use her DD. Megan asks if Klimt did The Kiss, to which Ashleigh responds that she should be in her seat. Megan also thinks that Magritte is "the one with the big apple on his face," but can't think of any of them that use gold leaf. Ashleigh is pretty sure that Seurat did not, then ventures a crazy guess, A. Megan says she thinks Modigliani was known for his long faces. The only thing Ashleigh can exclude is D.
Megan doesn't go to art museums and decides not to risk it, letting the clock run out. She walks with $16,000.
Spoiler
B - Gustav Klimt
HORN!!

MyBigFatFabulousBrain
Merry Man

Re: Transcript 6/15/2009 - Megan Rafferty Barnes

#2 Post by MyBigFatFabulousBrain » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 am

Megan Rafferty Barnes
Baltimore, MD
After School Coordinator

Meredith says that Megan is a self-described as "kind of a nerd," before Megan corrects her saying that she is definitely a nerd.

Wow, they let people like this on the show nowadays, and Marley is still at home looking for marked Georges and playing Civ IV? I'd say that is kind of unfair, but Marley would correct me and say it's definitely unfair.....

Megan proves it by saying she was a Mathlete in high school (the audience cheers at this) as well as a band geek.

Why in the hell would the audience be cheering about Megan being a Mathlete? Was Mr. Dumschitt's fifth grade chess club in attendance or something? Or maybe they just thought like me that Mathlete was something kinky or just really friggin' retarded....

She loves museums and is trying to get to all of them in Baltimore. Meredith agrees that, yes, Megan is a nerd.

And MBFFB® agrees that yes, Mere is talking out her friggin' ass again....

Megan is also very happy with her job as an after school coordinator, where she can give kids in her neighborhood an opportunity to have something to do.

Isn't that sweet. I'll bet the local crack dealer and park pedophile feel pretty warm and fuzzy about the fact that they can give kids in their neighborhood something to do after school as well. I guess not every kid just buries themselves in their laboratory when preschool is over like I did when I was a young Einstein....

Topic Tree
- Thomas Edison
- Hello, Gov'nor!
- Harry Potter
- Chieftains
- The Meatball
- At the Museum
- The Good Doctor
- On the Money
- The Numbers Game
- Spokeswomen
- The Beatles
- Online Sales
- Get a Room!
- Mother Teresa
- On One Condition

The answer to the $300 question is LB and Hooligan, Final Answer.....

$100 - In many people, which of these conditions results in an inability to distinguish red from green?
A - Swimmer's ear
B - Color blindness
C - Hayfever
D - Stupidity

I think Choice D most often results in the inability to distinguish between whether you belong on a trivia game show or not....

$200 - Which of these people would most likely be slangily dubbed a "Mother Teresa"?
A - Do-gooder
B - Bully
C - Slop
D - Coward

$300 - Though it sounds like a movie awards category, which of the following is actually the name of a hotel chain?
A - Best Musical
B - Best Comedy
C - Best Western
D - Best Thriller

$500 - Who is the star of a DVD series sold on the Web site Letsloseweightamerica.com?
A - Suze Orman
B - Dr. Ruth
C - Richard Simmons
D - Bob Vila

I guess anyone can sell a DVD nowadays, even the most annoying gay man in the world. I'm going to register the domain ihatefriggindumbasses.com and make a fortune selling my lectures to the stupid masses....

$1,000 - What Beatles song features the lyric "All my troubles seemed so far away"?
A - Help!
B - Ticket to Ride
C - Nowhere Man
D - Yesterday

Meredith compliments Megan's smile.

Yeah, and I'll bet Megan doesn't need half a gallon of plaster to hold it in place like you do......

$2,000 - Cover Girl's Queen Collection is a cosmetics line named for its spokeswoman, who is both an actress and a what?
A - Folk singer
B - Hip-hop artist
C - Professional athlete
D - Runway model

Who knew Freddy Mercury was into hip hop? I guess that's where the song "Tie Yo' Mutha Down, Bitch!" came from.....

$4,000 - In mathematics, a ratio is commonly expressed using two numbers separated which of these punctuation marks?
A - Apostrophe
B - Question mark
C - Colon
D - Exclamation point

Way to go Mathlete! Feel the burn..... just be careful not to overdo it....

Megan and her husband would like to start a family, but money is tough to come by. To save money, they are sleeping on an old secondhand futon that kind of folds in the middle. Meredith sassily says, "Yeah, if you wanna start a family, you need a new bed."

Something tells me Mere wouldn't need a bed. Just whatever happened to be available at the time she started getting all hot and bothered over some hunky WE/WE they drug in off the street. You know Mere, I'll bet the entire casting process for this show costs a lot more than it would to just go buy a pack of D batteries....

She is eight away "from a new bed and whatever else you need."

Like a mute button?

$8,000 - What U.S. state's commemorative quarter featuers a map of the present-day United States, minus Alaska and Hawaii?
A - Vermont
B - Louisiana
C - Oregon
D - West Virginia

It's amazing they are still asking state quarter questions, especially about ones that came out when half of the contestants on this show were still in grade school....

A - 15%
B - 25%
C - 39%
D - 21%

That was Mr. Dumbschitt chastising his chess club for being a bunch of stupid idiots since he had just given them a lesson on money last week. The detention room is gonna be full at Forrest Gump Elementary School tomorrow....

Megan, again, quickly stops the clock at 22 seconds to PAF. Her PAF list consists of Eugene from Northbrook, Ill., Mike from Mosine, Wis., and Reagan from somewhere that was cut off by the bottom of my TV (sorry). Megan decides to call Mike.

Yeah, go for the bald guy! The less hair, the more got pushed out to make room for brains.....

Megan reads the question and choices word-for-word, finishing with 20 seconds left. Mike confidently responds that the answer is Louisiana, since the quarter commemorated the Louisiana Purchase. She asks if he is sure, and he says to go with it for certain. The call is over with 6 seconds left. The audience cheers.

Not that that's gonna get you little future morons out of some time in the principal's office....

Anyone who doesn't know this one........ I'm sorry, but you have to give up your citizenship on Planet earth. I don't want to be breathing your carbon dioxide....

Meredith reiterates that Megan and her husband, Matthew, are in need of a new bed as well as some other furniture. She notes the upcoming category, At the Museum, as hopefully being "right up the geek alley" for Megan, a museum lover.

This show is going right up my Hershey Highway, and I might need a damn Clorox enema before I ever feel clean again.....

A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

Where is Evil Squirrel when you need him?

Megan decides to ATE with 13 seconds left. Ashleigh says that art is not her greatest area.

I don't think that most of the experts on this show have a greatest area, unless by greatest area you mean not knowing a damn thing.... making them experts only in the sense of the word that they are experts at being as useless as a condom at a Star Trek convention....

Ashleigh can exclude Seurat. She is hoping to be able to knock off at least one other answer so that Megan can use her DD. Megan asks if Klimt did The Kiss, to which Ashleigh responds that she should be in her seat.

You want to sit in Megan's lap, or you want Megan to sit in your lap? I'm as confused about what you just said as you apparently are about just what kind of "game show" you're participating in right now....

Megan also thinks that Magritte is "the one with the big apple on his face," but can't think of any of them that use gold leaf. Ashleigh is pretty sure that Seurat did not, then ventures a crazy guess, A. Megan says she thinks Modigliani was known for his long faces. The only thing Ashleigh can exclude is D.

I have often been known to put strange objects in front of my face when forced to watch garbage such as this. And long faces just come with the territory as well. But I think too often the contestants on this show compare more to one of Picasso's figures who looks like they have their head misplaced somewhere near their derriere....

Megan doesn't go to art museums and decides not to risk it, letting the clock run out. She walks with $16,000.

Where are the guts? I mean, $16,000 will probably get you a nice bed, and maybe even be an acceptable down payment on one of those Sleep Number ripoffs. But you coulda went farther! But, dammit, this is why I don't actually watch the shows.... how can I possibly berate someone with such a beautiful smile.... even if those dentists bills probably kept you from visiting a few art museums. Sigh, I will lose my reputation if I don't shut up right about now....

Well, at least I can still make my famous claim to fame.....

Nihil obstat®
It's sarcasm, get over it already!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 am

A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

Probably working on his new tv show.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:57 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

Has this really been unclaimed for 2 1/2 hours? I don't think I need to look at other threads to be certain that I ...

Found it!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:01 am

Estonut wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

Has this really been unclaimed for 2 1/2 hours? I don't think I need to look at other threads to be certain that I ...

Found it!
Damn it! I just saw the ESTV thread. Isn't there a rule against you posting such a typical "unveiling" post twice? There should be...
Groucho Marx

NellyLunatic1980

#6 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:55 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Megan Rafferty Barnes
Baltimore, MD
After School Coordinator
Yay!

This was a nihil obstat® stack for me.

You did a great job yesterday, Megan! :)

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:19 am

Random thoughts:

1. You are way too easy to talk with to really be a nerd.

2. I loved your chat with Ashleigh. It is always impressive to me when people banter about knowledge like it is 'normal'. I loved Ashleigh's respect for your knowledge.

3. Alpha-Dummy ain't no dummy! I thanked goodness Arizona was not a choice!

4. Personal question, which you can ignore if you wish - Did you get pregnant because you won the money?

5. Very fun to watch

I am sure I will have more later.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:42 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Megan Rafferty Barnes
Baltimore, MD
After School Coordinator

Meredith says that Megan is a self-described as "kind of a nerd," before Megan corrects her saying that she is definitely a nerd. Megan proves it by saying she was a Mathlete in high school (the audience cheers at this) as well as a band geek. She loves museums and is trying to get to all of them in Baltimore. Meredith agrees that, yes, Megan is a nerd. Megan is also very happy with her job as an after school coordinator, where she can give kids in her neighborhood an opportunity to have something to do.
Megan, you are a beautiful person. I can't understand why they waited 8 months to air your show.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:- Harry Potter
There it is again, and with a BB in the HS, there's a good chance we'll actually get to see it.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Megan and her husband would like to start a family, but money is tough to come by. To save money, they are sleeping on an old secondhand futon that kind of folds in the middle. Meredith sassily says, "Yeah, if you wanna start a family, you need a new bed." She is eight away "from a new bed and whatever else you need."
I'm a little unclear on the timing here, but your avatar indicates you're 34 weeks along; so were you already pregnant when you were in the HS (and didn't know it) or did you decide to "go for the gusto" after you taped? Inquiring minds want to know. I should also point out that this banter made me laugh, and I had to explain to elwing why.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8,000 - What U.S. state's commemorative quarter featuers a map of the present-day United States, minus Alaska and Hawaii?
A - Vermont
B - Louisiana
C - Oregon
D - West Virginia

ATA Results
A - 15%
B - 25%
C - 39%
D - 21%
Someone in the audience seemed to be having a pretty good time - there were premature cheers during several of the first-tier questions.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Megan, again, quickly stops the clock at 22 seconds to PAF. Her PAF list consists of Eugene from Northbrook, Ill., Mike from Mosine, Wis., and Reagan from somewhere that was cut off by the bottom of my TV (sorry). Megan decides to call Mike.
PAF results
WTG, Alpha Dummy (Mike)! So with Eugene and Mike in your PAF list, who was the third person?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Spoiler
B - Louisiana (19)
I couldn't decide between Oregon and Louisiana - Oregon because of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, Louisiana because of the Louisiana Purchase. So it's time for a lifeline. I don't think ATA will help, so let's go with the PAF. What I want to know is whether Mike Googled this or happened to have an open browser window with quarter images?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000 - Who is Dr. Egon Spengler?

Spoiler
Good for you, Megan. So many contestants "think they know" but then burn a lifeline needlessly. You did not do that.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 - Which of these painters is known for his prominent use of gold leaf?
A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

ATE results
Ashleigh can exclude Seurat. She is hoping to be able to knock off at least one other answer so that Megan can use her DD. Megan asks if Klimt did The Kiss, to which Ashleigh responds that she should be in her seat. Megan also thinks that Magritte is "the one with the big apple on his face," but can't think of any of them that use gold leaf. Ashleigh is pretty sure that Seurat did not, then ventures a crazy guess, A. Megan says she thinks Modigliani was known for his long faces. The only thing Ashleigh can exclude is D.
Spoiler
B - Gustav Klimt
elwing, who has a minor in art, had no idea about this one, although, like you and Ashleigh she could rule out Seurat. Frankly, from what little I know of art, I might have eliminated Klimt, Magritte and Seurat, since all three are of the same style, and gone with Modigliani. But with three lifelines remaining, I'd start using them. Unfortunately I don't think ATA or ATE will help, and DD is too risky, so I walk away, too. Sadly, no Harry Potter question.

Megan I thought you did an outstanding job with what was a pretty tough stack. Please share the details of your experience with us.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Estonut
Evil Genius

#9 Post by Estonut » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 am

earendel wrote:What I want to know is whether Mike Googled this or happened to have an open browser window with quarter images?
You've not considered the most likely reason. I'd bet he's seen the quarter. That's how I knew it...
Groucho Marx

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 am

Estonut wrote:
earendel wrote:What I want to know is whether Mike Googled this or happened to have an open browser window with quarter images?
You've not considered the most likely reason. I'd bet he's seen the quarter. That's how I knew it...
Yes, that's also possible. BTST I've seen the quarter but that doesn't necessarily correlate to my being able to remember it in 30 seconds.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:55 am

Meredith sassily says, "Yeah, if you wanna start a family, you need a new bed."
I would have replied, "How do you think the old one wore out?" :twisted:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

NellyLunatic1980

#12 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:06 am

Bob Juch wrote:
They might've edited that out, though.

Rafferbee

#13 Post by Rafferbee » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:11 am

Bob Juch wrote:
I couldn't say that, my grandmother was in the audience!

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 am

Rafferty Barnes wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I couldn't say that, my grandmother was in the audience!
She might have loved it!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Rafferbee

#15 Post by Rafferbee » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:27 am

To answer everyone's question, I was a few weeks pregnant on the show, but I didn't know it yet. It was just a happy coincidence that the check will be arriving next month just as the baby is due. And we have a new bed now. We got it at Macy's in January with their one year no payments no interest deal.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $8,000 - What U.S. state's commemorative quarter featuers a map of the present-day United States, minus Alaska and Hawaii?
A - Vermont
B - Louisiana
C - Oregon
D - West Virginia

ATA Results
A - 15%
B - 25%
C - 39%
D - 21%

PAF results
Spoiler
B - Louisiana (19)
Mike, my hero! I was so relieved when he came back with the answer right away.

Reagan is my #3 little brother, from Farmington, NY. He put his occupation down as "bum". After the show, he told me "I think 2% of your winnings is fair." I told him 1) He should have told me that before the show, and 2) I would gladly give him 2% after he held a job, any job, for six months. He then quickly figured out that 2% of $16,000 wouldn't really be that much anyway, so I don't think I inspired him. Maybe when Dad gets home this week he'll inspire him.

You can't imagine how many transcripts I've read since November where the audience gives the right answer with 50, 60, 70 percent on questions on this level. Bob78164, why couldn't you have been in the first session that day?

Spoiler
I haven't seen Ghostbusters since I was five and the Stay Puft Marshmallow man scared me. But I did watch the Saturday morning cartoon The Real Ghostbusters as a kid. And they said TV would rot my brain.

16 has been my favorite number since I was 13 and found out that it was the only real, whole number that was a to the b and b to the a when a and b are different numbers (4 squared and 2 to the 4th). And of course, now 16s seems to pop up all throughout my life. Maybe I should have chosen 1,000,000 as my favorite number?
commercial break

A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

ATE results
Spoiler
B - Gustav Klimt
My 8-year-old sister was the only person in my family to know it. She was jumping up and down shouting "B! B!" at the TV. She told me that her Girl Scout Troop went on a tour of an art museum in Rochester and then did an art project with foil like Klimt. Look for her on the show in 2019.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 am

earendel wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Yes, that's also possible. BTST I've seen the quarter but that doesn't necessarily correlate to my being able to remember it in 30 seconds.

My bet is that he has studied the obverse side of all the state quarters in preparation for the marathon trivia contest he participates in each year.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2,000 - Cover Girl's Queen Collection is a cosmetics line named for its spokeswoman, who is both an actress and a what?
A - Folk singer
B - Hip-hop artist
C - Professional athlete
D - Runway model
Spoiler
B - Hip Hop Artist (19)
Queen Latifah never occurred to me. I'd have had to burn the ATA here.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8,000 - What U.S. state's commemorative quarter featuers a map of the present-day United States, minus Alaska and Hawaii?
A - Vermont
B - Louisiana
C - Oregon
D - West Virginia

ATA Results
A - 15%
B - 25%
C - 39%
D - 21%

PAF results
Spoiler
B - Louisiana (19)
Good work, Mike!

I can't figure out why Oregon turned out to be such a wicked distractor in the ATA.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 - Which of these painters is known for his prominent use of gold leaf?
A - Amadeo Modigliani
B - Gustav Klimt
C - René Magritte
D - Georges Seurat

ATE results
Spoiler
B - Gustav Klimt
Seurat was also the only one I could eliminate. If I had had Ashleigh at an expert and used the ATE here, I'd have needed to follow that up with the PAF. And then, if necessary, I'd have Double Dipped, but I'm afraid that, sitting at home, Klimt would have been the other choice I excluded, without a single, solid reason for doing so. A pure, incorrect hunch.

I give you credit for keeping Ashleigh talking, at the point where she tried throwing out her guess and breaking the connection. This is the only lifeline that's not on TDC, Ashleigh; if there's anything you can remember about these artists and their works, mention it!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:10 am

Well done, Megan!

I wouldn't have had the ATA for the quarter question, I would have been using up MBBFB's carbon dioxide on the Dr. Spengler Q. (Cough, cough...)
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

doitneatly

#19 Post by doitneatly » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote:
Estonut wrote: You've not considered the most likely reason. I'd bet he's seen the quarter. That's how I knew it...
My bet is that he has studied the obverse side of all the state quarters in preparation for the marathon trivia contest he participates in each year.
This has always struck me as such a rich vein of trivia, and already a topic I'm fond of... so last fall I studied and hoped I'd get asked about it. No such luck.

(it's been a WWTBAM topic twice this season, plus it was a final jeopardy question last week)
"When you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly."

Snaxx

#20 Post by Snaxx » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Just went back to yesterday's show after doing today's transcript. Congrats Megan and PAF AD!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Meant to say it earlier. Way to go, Rafferty Barnes, and a huge attaboy to AlphaDummy! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson