Transcript 6/17/09: David Muhlfelder

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 6/17/09: David Muhlfelder

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:53 pm

David Muhlfelder
New York, NY
Screenwriter

David is known as a walking encyclopedia by his friends. Meredith explains that this is because he "has a knack for trivia, so [he's] the right guy to be in the hotseat."

His category tree:

A Different Breed
Place of Honor
Pen and Brush
Meet and Greet
Who Am I?
Monopoly
Keyboard Symbols
Manana
Threads
I'm Warning You!
Cha-Ching!
Wear a Helmet
Classic TV
No Worries
Are You There Yet?

$100 (Are You There Yet?): Automobile GPS systems typically "speak" what phrase upon reaching a destination?
A. You have arrived B. Right turn ahead
C Make a U-turn D. I have to use the restroom
Spoiler
A. You have arrived (8)
$200 (No Worries): Singer Bobby McFerrin had a smash hit in 1988 with an upbeat song that advised, "Don't Worry, Be" what?
A. Chipper B. Upbeat
C. Peaceful D. Happy
Spoiler
D. Happy (10)
THE HORN SOUNDS. David will be back tomorrow to go for $300 with all of his lifelines available.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 6/17/09: David Muhlfelder

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:13 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:David Muhlfelder
New York, NY
Screenwriter
WE/WE®... and his resemblance to Martin Scorsese no doubt got him an instant happy card.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:David is known as a walking encyclopedia by his friends. Meredith explains that this is because he "has a knack for trivia, so [he's] the right guy to be in the hotseat."
<grumble>®

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 pm

I recognized David before they put his name and occupation up. He's a friend of my friend Jeff Arch (who wrote Sleepless in Seattle). I had dinner with them in NYC when Jeff flew out to talk with some folks who wanted to do a Broadway musical of Sleepless in Seattle. Quite frankly to call either of them a screenwriter would be like calling me a screenwriter. All of us have written scripts but we're not making a living from it. Jeff teaches. I don't know what Davis really does.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I recognized David before they put his name and occupation up. He's a friend of my friend Jeff Arch (who wrote Sleepless in Seattle). I had dinner with them in NYC when Jeff flew out to talk with some folks who wanted to do a Broadway musical of Sleepless in Seattle. Quite frankly to call either of them a screenwriter would be like calling me a screenwriter. All of us have written scripts but we're not making a living from it. Jeff teaches. I don't know what Davis really does.
This was explained more in today's banter: he has meaningless encounters with celebs while driving a taxi. :roll:

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:20 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I recognized David before they put his name and occupation up. He's a friend of my friend Jeff Arch (who wrote Sleepless in Seattle). I had dinner with them in NYC when Jeff flew out to talk with some folks who wanted to do a Broadway musical of Sleepless in Seattle. Quite frankly to call either of them a screenwriter would be like calling me a screenwriter. All of us have written scripts but we're not making a living from it. Jeff teaches. I don't know what Davis really does.
This was explained more in today's banter: he has meaningless encounters with celebs while driving a taxi. :roll:
That must have been in the part preempted by the emergency weather bulletin. :(
Spoiler
Did he get dursted by the audience?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

KillerTomato

#6 Post by KillerTomato » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
New York, NY
Screenwriter
WE/WE®... and his resemblance to Martin Scorsese no doubt got him an instant happy card.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:David is known as a walking encyclopedia by his friends. Meredith explains that this is because he "has a knack for trivia, so [he's] the right guy to be in the hotseat."
<grumble>®

I actually thought he looked more like Harold Gould.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

Rafferbee

#7 Post by Rafferbee » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 pm

David was a holdover from Movie Week. They had him take the test at the end of that day to see if he could be in the general pool. Presumably he had only taken the movie test before.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 am

New York, NY
Screenwriter

David is known as a walking encyclopedia by his friends. Meredith explains that this is because he "has a knack for trivia, so [he's] the right guy to be in the hotseat."
Cue the ominous organ music...He's a WE/WE® to boot.

Nihil obstat®.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 am

Rafferty Barnes wrote:David was a holdover from Movie Week. They had him take the test at the end of that day to see if he could be in the general pool. Presumably he had only taken the movie test before.
Now that's very interesting. I presume he took the movie test in NYC, on one of the occasions where they weren't giving both tests together. So, he had never passed the regular test or qualified for the regular pool, he's given a shot in a special theme week but doesn't get his turn, and then they give him a special opportunity to qualify for the regular pool, thereby denying someone else already in that pool the opportunity to play? (And since he lives in NYC, he hadn't gone to any great expense to get there, either.)

<grumble>®