Transcript 12/11/2007 David Kearsley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/11/2007 David Kearsley

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:36 pm

David Kearsley
Harrisville, RI
H.S. English Teacher

$100- Which of these Colorado peaks was reportedly named by a group of climbers who disliked Abraham Lincoln, a Republican?
A. Mount Columbia B. Mount Democrat
C. Mount Elbert D. Mount Na Na Nah-Nah Nah

$200- Which of these accessories is included with Playskool's Mrs. Potato Head, but not with Mr. Potato Head?
A. Eyeglasses B. Hat
C. Purse D. Shoes

$300- A familiar Zen Buddhist riddle asks, "What is the sound of one hand" doing what?
A. Clapping B. Pointing
C. Grabbing D. Waving

$500- "Tempo," the term for the speed at which a piece of music is played, derives from an Italian word meaning what?
A. Time B. Length
C. Tone D. Volume

$1000- According to legend, what frigid country was given a pleasant-sounding name to trick people into settling there?
A. Poland B. Greenland
C. Finland D. Ireland

$2000- A person suffering from the learning disability dyscalculia would most likely have trouble with which of these tasks?
A. Writing a novel B. Taking an eye exam
C Dribbling a basketball D. Balancing a checkbook

$4000- The recipe for eggs Benedict traditionally calls for what type of meat?
A. Ham B. Crabmeat
C. Ground beef D. Shredded chicken

ATA 94-2-2-2 for A

Time is up. David returns tomorrow.

Answers
$100- B. Mount Democrat
$200- C. Purse
$300- A. Clapping
$500- A. Time
$1000- B. Greenland
$2000- D. Balancing a checkbook
$400- A. Ham

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 am

Nihil obstat® so far.

earendel

Re: Transcript 12/11/2007 David Kearsley

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:33 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:David Kearsley
Harrisville, RI
H.S. English Teacher
Once again, I root for teachers.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100- Which of these Colorado peaks was reportedly named by a group of climbers who disliked Abraham Lincoln, a Republican?
A. Mount Columbia B. Mount Democrat
C. Mount Elbert D. Mount Na Na Nah-Nah Nah
Never heard of Mt. Democrat, but it's the only one that makes sense.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200- Which of these accessories is included with Playskool's Mrs. Potato Head, but not with Mr. Potato Head?
A. Eyeglasses B. Hat
C. Purse D. Shoes
elwing jokingly said, "A bra." :lol:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- The recipe for eggs Benedict traditionally calls for what type of meat?
A. Ham B. Crabmeat
Allegedly the McDonald's Egg McMuffin is based on Eggs Benedict (but without the hollandaise sauce).

Nihil obstat® so far.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:34 pm

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- The recipe for eggs Benedict traditionally calls for what type of meat?
A. Ham B. Crabmeat
Allegedly the McDonald's Egg McMuffin is based on Eggs Benedict (but without the hollandaise sauce).
I think that's an easily refutable allegation. McD's food is unique. Thank Ghu, since it's therefore easily avoidable.

gs, who, in the interest of full disclosure, will admit to a certain weakness for Egg McMuffins. In limited doses.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:37 pm

gsabc wrote:
earendel wrote:
A. Ham B. Crabmeat
I think that's an easily refutable allegation. McD's food is unique. Thank Ghu, since it's therefore easily avoidable.

gs, who, in the interest of full disclosure, will admit to a certain weakness for Egg McMuffins. In limited doses.
I, too, am fond of them - they were introduced during my tenure as a McDonald's employee. We got to watch them being made and sample them a week or two before they were made available to the public in our area. I still think it's the best breakfast item they do.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:51 pm

I've had what purports to be Eggs Benedict before. To be honest, I prefer Egg McMuffins. And I'm not what you'd call a Mickey D's aficionado (that word looks wrong every time I type it.)

It's probably because I've never had the dish prepared fresh, and with proper ingredients, as it should be. Cruise ships and pretentious hotels are not the place to experience true cuisine, fershure.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:39 am

4K: Reason I get the eggs Rockefeller instead. Actually, if "without ham" is not on the menu, you can just ask them to leave off the ham. I have made this for myself, but, frankly, after learning 1st-hand just what goes into hollandaise sauce (egg yolks, a little lemon juice, & a lotta-lotta butter) I have purposely held off making this for myself again. I might feel a need to "use up" any extra sauce. I also feel very snooty when a restaurant gives me what I can tell is faked hollandaise.

There is absolutely no point in getting a dish that has to be made with identifiably real eggs (unlike, sadly, omelettes these days) & then have them pour fake-butter sauce all over it. Or, as I got recently in a highly touted local diner that turns out to be mainly a bar, & where they make dining-alone patrons dine at the bar because "the booths are for couples; we're a small place"; I shoulda left right then, some kind of milk-white concoction that that didn't even try to taste butter-egg-lemony.