RIP Michael Jackson

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

#51 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 am

NPR reported this morning that MJ has a physical four months ago in preparation for his London engagement (the promoters required it in order to get insurance coverage) and nothing untoward was discovered.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

KillerTomato

#52 Post by KillerTomato » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:44 am

WARNING: Incredibly tasteless, sick, twisted, un-PC, awful, awful joke ahead.
Spoiler
Rumor has it that Michael actually died from food poisoning. He ate a 10-year-old wiener.

I warned you.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#53 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:16 am

KillerTomato wrote:WARNING: Incredibly tasteless, sick, twisted, un-PC, awful, awful joke ahead.
Spoiler
Rumor has it that Michael actually died from food poisoning. He ate a 10-year-old wiener.

I warned you.

My avatar is shocked art such a tasteless joke.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

earendel

#54 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 am

KillerTomato wrote:WARNING: Incredibly tasteless, sick, twisted, un-PC, awful, awful joke ahead.
Spoiler

I warned you.
I guess the hyperbaric chamber didn't do him all that much good.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

BackInTex

#55 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 am

DevilKitty100 wrote: And yuck!!!!!!! Your mofo scenario is pretty disgusting, too.........on a different level than child molestation, of course........but still disgusting.
What do you think MOFO means. What do you think the MO stands for? What do you think the FO stands for? "F" is kind of a rough term for it in a loving monogamous relationship, but it is what it is. By definition I'm a MOFO. And you think it is disgusting?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
clem21 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:Unbelievable.

When we heard Ed McMahon had passed, it was a mild surprise, but not shocking. The man
I feel very confident that NOONE saw this one coming.
No disrespect to all those who find it despicable, but check the Ghoul Pool...
I was actually thinking of my office when I wrote that. I don't get involved with the Ghoul Pool, but if anyone picked Michael, then perhaps they should consider
becoming the new Jeanne Dixon.
There's a lot of 50-year-old celebrities whose death would surprise me. I would automatically assume it must have been some sort of accident. Michael Jackson's did not. Just like Anna Nicole Smith, his lifestyle seemed to me to be conducive to a number of medications, substances or what have you ganging up on him or contributing to other physical problems.

I think the reason Elvis' death was much more of a shock was that we didn't have the incessant amount of internet and TV tabloid journalism giving us every last sordid detail about celebrities' lives. There was the National Enquirer and magazines of that sort but their readership was limited and most people took what they read there with a grain of salt. If Elvis were around today, there would have been one expose after another about his antics and lifestyle.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wintergreen48

#57 Post by wintergreen48 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 am

DevilKitty100 wrote:
clem21 wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote:My thoughts: The world has one less convicted child molester in it. So long, Mofo.

And don't give me he was a genius BS. It's just a crying shame he made his way out on the same day that someone worth grieving for also departed. I do so hope the networks do not let this overshadow Farrah's death.
He's got kids.
Yes, and maybe now they will have somewhat of a chance at at semi-normal life.
I'm wondering who will 'get' the kids. The rent-a-wombs he hired have never been involved with them at all (I don't think that the last one was every publicly identified), and whoever the natural fathers are, they've apparently never been involved with the kids, either.

Whoever DOES get them, first thing he, she, or they should dois give them real names.
Innocent, naive and whimsical. And somewhat footloose and fancy-free.

VAdame

#58 Post by VAdame » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 am

BackInTex wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote: And yuck!!!!!!! Your mofo scenario is pretty disgusting, too.........on a different level than child molestation, of course........but still disgusting.
What do you think MOFO means. What do you think the MO stands for? What do you think the FO stands for? "F" is kind of a rough term for it in a loving monogamous relationship, but it is what it is. By definition I'm a MOFO. And you think it is disgusting?
I think DK is referring to F-ing one's own MO -- not the MO of one's children! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BackInTex

#59 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

VAdame wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
I think DK is referring to F-ing one's own MO -- not the MO of one's children! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhhhh....too bent for me to have thought of it. Yes, disgusting. I agree.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

VAdame

#60 Post by VAdame » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am

Your avatar's cute -- it reminds me of one of Fred Gwynne's books:

https://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/bimgda ... 694448.JPG

!@#$ Can't get the image to work.

(And yinz guys thought he just played Herman Munster!)

TheSearchIsOn

#61 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 am

On the way into work this morning the local DJs were discussing Michael Jackson and asking people to call in and tell them what they thought were Michael Jackson's best and worst songs. The best songs seemed to be all over the place, but the consensus so far was that "Ebony and Ivory" was his worst.
Spoiler
Which is strange considering that Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder did that song, not Michael. I couldn't believe that the DJs were making the statement and not pointing out the little issue of Michael not having done the song. At first I thought they were confusing it with "Black or White", but later they played "Black or White" and then commented about what a good song it was.
President, Big Taste Nation

ToLiveIsToFly

#62 Post by ToLiveIsToFly » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:43 am

VAdame wrote:Your avatar's cute -- it reminds me of one of Fred Gwynne's books:

Funny. When I think of him I think of My Cousin Vinny. And I think of the time he was on Howard Stern and left because Stern wouldn't stop asking him about the Munsters.

ToLiveIsToFly

#63 Post by ToLiveIsToFly » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am

TheSearchIsOn wrote:On the way into work this morning the local DJs were discussing Michael Jackson and asking people to call in and tell them what they thought were Michael Jackson's best and worst songs. The best songs seemed to be all over the place, but the consensus so far was that "Ebony and Ivory" was his worst.
Spoiler
Which is strange considering that Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder did that song, not Michael. I couldn't believe that the DJs were making the statement and not pointing out the little issue of Michael not having done the song. At first I thought they were confusing it with "Black or White", but later they played "Black or White" and then commented about what a good song it was.
You're right, that's kind of inexcusable. But I'm sure they're confusing it with either "The Girl Is Mine" or "Say, Say, Say"

DevilKitty100

#64 Post by DevilKitty100 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:57 pm

VAdame wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Sweet Jesus! I'm glad I kept reading before I answered BiT's post. Thanks for explaining it to him, VAD. I was just going to chalk it up that BiT had finally lost his mind.............or it's really, reeeeeeeally hot where he is.

hf_jai

#65 Post by hf_jai » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:17 pm

ToLiveIsToFly wrote:
VAdame wrote:Your avatar's cute -- it reminds me of one of Fred Gwynne's books:

Funny. When I think of him I think of My Cousin Vinny. And I think of the time he was on Howard Stern and left because Stern wouldn't stop asking him about the Munsters.
Showing my age -- I always think of him from Car 54. Ooh ooh! (yeah, I know, that was his partner, Tooty)

Estonut
Evil Genius

#66 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:50 pm

DevilKitty100 wrote:
VAdame wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Sweet Jesus! I'm glad I kept reading before I answered BiT's post. Thanks for explaining it to him, VAD. I was just going to chalk it up that BiT had finally lost his mind.............or it's really, reeeeeeeally hot where he is.
I missed it, too. That's why I didn't understand DK's saying "your mofo scenario is pretty disgusting, too." I just meant that if he were interested in sexual relations with women of an appropriate age, he mightn't have (understandably) earned her scorn by being a child molester. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be taken to refer to his own mother.

I'm still not sure why if that's what it means to DK, and she called him a mofo first, why that scenario wasn't disgusting when she brought it up...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

hanzz

#67 Post by hanzz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:42 pm

My sister was getting off of work at the USC hospital when she ran into the hoard of cameras, news reporters, fans, and whatnot because apparently the coroner's office is nearby. We asked her if she had heard the news, to which she guffawed, "Of course!" Little does she know, however, that the running joke in the family is that she and a similar-aged cousin of ours are completely clueless when it comes to current events. Like when she called us the day after Hurricane Charley, and we assured her that everyone was ok but that we had lost power. She asks, "Why, what happened?"
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

DevilKitty100

#68 Post by DevilKitty100 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Estonut wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote:
VAdame wrote: I think DK is referring to F-ing one's own MO -- not the MO of one's children! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I missed it, too. That's why I didn't understand DK's saying "your mofo scenario is pretty disgusting, too." I just meant that if he were interested in sexual relations with women of an appropriate age, he mightn't have (understandably) earned her scorn by being a child molester. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be taken to refer to his own mother.

I'm still not sure why if that's what it means to DK, and she called him a mofo first, why that scenario wasn't disgusting when she brought it up...
As God is my witness, for all my years on this earth and all the places I've lived and all the questionable people I've ever associated with, I've never know that term to have ANY other meaning than "the own mother" connotation. And it never occurred to me that there could be any other interpretation.

Now I'm aware of MILTF (Mothers I'd Like to F) which I guess could refer to any female who's given birth, but that's as close as I can get to what you and BiT may have meant. I was just too tired last night to pursue it with any further dialogue.

I don't think he's literally a MF, but as that is a disgusting scenario, it was the vulgarity that I chose to express my disgust with Michael Jackson. Sort of like son-of-a-bitch. If someone calls you that, as a rule, they are not intentionally slurring your mother.......only you.

I'll try to keep my slurs and vulgarities clearer and in the future.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#69 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 pm

DevilKitty100 wrote:As God is my witness, for all my years on this earth and all the places I've lived and all the questionable people I've ever associated with, I've never know that term to have ANY other meaning than "the own mother" connotation. And it never occurred to me that there could be any other interpretation.
From doing some cursory urban (dictionary) research, it appears that the origin was probably in the "one's own" sense, but I've never thought of it that literally. It's a term I don't use, nor hear very often, so I've never had occasion to give it much thought. That interpretation does make the most sense when it is being used as an insult. Researching it now, it appears that many consider it to mean "any mother," which leads into the MILF area. It appears, though, that the most common usages these days are for comparative purposes, as in "it's colder than a mother-fucker out there" or in dialog in Samuel L. Jackson movies...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

DevilKitty100

#70 Post by DevilKitty100 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Estonut wrote:
DevilKitty100 wrote:As God is my witness, for all my years on this earth and all the places I've lived and all the questionable people I've ever associated with, I've never know that term to have ANY other meaning than "the own mother" connotation. And it never occurred to me that there could be any other interpretation.
From doing some cursory urban (dictionary) research, it appears that the origin was probably in the "one's own" sense, but I've never thought of it that literally. It's a term I don't use, nor hear very often, so I've never had occasion to give it much thought. That interpretation does make the most sense when it is being used as an insult. Researching it now, it appears that many consider it to mean "any mother," which leads into the MILF area. It appears, though, that the most common usages these days are for comparative purposes, as in "it's colder than a mother-fucker out there" or in dialog in Samuel L. Jackson movies...
I guess this brings it into realm of many words or phrases, over use and constant use, dilutes the original intent and also softens the impact of it. It's a word I don't use often as it's one of my "reserve" phrases that I break out only when I feel very strongly about the situation to which I apply it. Another example is the grand "C" word (to describe a woman) that I consider the ultimate insult and has rarely every crossed my lips as I find it so very reprehensible. I have on occasion used it, but only with the sincerest conviction that it was accurately descriptive.

Even I have boundaries. I don't like hearing filthy spew from other people, including at the movies, and as a rule, I don't let filth spew from my own mouth. But occasionally it happens.

VAdame

#71 Post by VAdame » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:38 pm

OK, next joke (spoilered for those who think "it's too soon...."):
Spoiler
Farrah dies and shows up at the Pearly Gates. God and St. Peter greet her and tell her how much they always admired her work here on Earth. Jesus mentions that he still has her poster in the red swimsuit! :) The Holy Spirit tells her that because she was such a special person, she may have one wish -- whatever she wants.

Being an unselfish person, Farrah says, "Oh, I wish that all the children on Earth should be safe & secure forever!"

"Done!" says the Lord.

DevilKitty100

#72 Post by DevilKitty100 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:42 pm

VAdame wrote:OK, next joke (spoilered for those who think "it's too soon...."):
Spoiler
Farrah dies and shows up at the Pearly Gates. God and St. Peter greet her and tell her how much they always admired her work here on Earth. Jesus mentions that he still has her poster in the red swimsuit! :) The Holy Spirit tells her that because she was such a special person, she may have one wish -- whatever she wants.

Being an unselfish person, Farrah says, "Oh, I wish that all the children on Earth should be safe & secure forever!"

"Done!" says the Lord.
Lightning will probably strike me or a Mack truck will hit me on the way home but.............I like it anyway.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#73 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:54 pm

BackInTex wrote:What do you think MOFO means. What do you think the MO stands for?
Michael Outsourced For Offspring.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

TheConfessor

#74 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm definitely with you on this one, DK. I think your understanding of the term is the same as 99.99% of the general population. I've never heard it used any other way, except perhaps as a joke. Oedipus and Jocasta would probably concur.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#75 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:10 am

hanzz wrote:My sister was getting off of work at the USC hospital when she ran into the hoard of cameras, news reporters, fans, and whatnot because apparently the coroner's office is nearby. We asked her if she had heard the news, to which she guffawed, "Of course!" Little does she know, however, that the running joke in the family is that she and a similar-aged cousin of ours are completely clueless when it comes to current events. Like when she called us the day after Hurricane Charley, and we assured her that everyone was ok but that we had lost power. She asks, "Why, what happened?"

Maybe it's no big deal, but I think that Michael Jackson was taken to the UCLA medical center.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.